Seven

By My Side
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Oh, and I'll be going to visit my parents after the event! What are your plans then?"

SEND*

Taeyeon to PrinceG.

 

BEEP~ 

(1) New Message

"Chukkahae~ I bet you've got the news as well. Guess we'll be having a special stage then Tae.." - Jiyong oppa (gd)

 

 

I squint after the glance at my phone screen. Jiyong oppa (gd), I had to differentiate them. I can't mix this Jiyong oppa with mine. Will never ever mix good with evil. And for sure I did receive the news from manager oppa this morning. Our song we recorded, it became a hit. So that means we have to perform a special stage on Gayo Daejun. Nothing happened for the rest of the recording since both of us acted neutral and pretended it didn't happen. Though we still had looks of discomfort amongst our faces, being the professionals we were, we both chose to ignore it. This time, he didn't complain about my notes. I was sure I sang it the same before I broke down. So that brings me back to that sentence floating in my head.

 

"I don't mix work issues with personal issues".

 

"YAHHHH! You're day-dreaming again... Earth to Taeng! Is she here?"

 

 

My wild thoughts cut off by the deep, husky voice of Fany's. I looked up, surprised to see her standing right in front of me, with curlers up her hair, face cream, bath robe and slippers. The other members had left the house for their respective schedules while Fany is getting ready for her date this evening with Nichkhun of 2PM. They have been dating for quite awhile now but she's smart in keeping in under wraps.

 

"How long have you been standing there?" I asked, mumbling out the words.

 

"Well, long enough to observe and conclude that you're hiding something from me"

 

"Aniya, it's nothing Fany..."

 

"Lies!" she hissed to which she then took a seat beside me and held my hands.

 

"Taeng-ah, I heard your song with GD sunbae rocketed its way up the charts and to the top this week. Shouldn't you be looking quite the opposite to how you're looking right now?"

 

 

I couldn't reply her. In fact, i agree with her words. I should be celebrating now, shouldn't i? But instead, here I am, frozen on the couch with dozens of questions in my mind.

 

"Taeng, I've been wondering..."

 

 

My attention now focused on her. "What is it?"

 

"Well...haven't you ever pondered about the lyrics? Of your song? I mean, its a song Jiyong sunbae wrote isn't it?"

 

 

At that moment, I realized Fany made a statement that sent me thinking. There i wondered why haven't I thought about it before. Or maybe it was because I was too driven to finish the recording and leave the studio that day. And that I didn't even want to listen to the final outcome of the single even after its release to the public. Now what was that bit where he rapped again?

 

 

I don't know where this road 
Is going to lead 
All I know is where we've been 
And what we've been through. 

If we get to see tomorrow 
I hope it's worth all the wait 
It's so hard to say goodbye to yesterday. 

And I'll take with me the memories 
To be my sunshine after the rain 
It's so hard to say goodbye to yesterday. 

 

 

Somehow it tells me that he has an empty hole in his heart. Aish, Taeng ah, just mind your own business. His songs that he had composed so far are mostly love related anyways. Pfft..

 

"Fany, this top-charter means that I'll be performing with him on Gayo Daejun."

 

"Mwoya? Then? Why do you look so flustered?"

 

"Nothing its just..."

 

 

She then placed her soft, milky white hands on mine, brushing it slightly.

 

 

"Taeng....that phonecall previously. What Jiyong sunbae said,  was it true? That it was all just a concept?"

 

 

I pursed my lips, eyes shifted somewhere else. I knew that was coming. I pulled myself together and slowly shook my head.

 

 

"What did he say?" Tiffany's sudden reply,  now  a combination of concern plus stern look expressed on her face.

 

It took me a lot of courage to tell Fany what was going on. After about ten seconds or so of pondering about whether to spill the beans, I decided to spill it in the end. After all, she is my bestfriend and she needs to know. After the entire conversation, Fany concluded that despite his poor character towards me, i must still put on a brave front as a public figure. This is usually why idols don't seem to be who they are on cameras and off cameras. We hugged one another and she whispered to my ears...

 

"Taeng, you're strong and I know you can overcome this."

 

 

-

 

 

As I clasped the microphone in my hands, listening to the crowd's cheers, waiting for my appearance, I told myself to go with the flow and to just have fun. Indeed, Jiyong and I didn't even rehearse for our stage since he said it's just standing and singing our hearts out. Now i've got a message from Manager oppa that Jiyong will be running late and that he might only appear at his turn of the song

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter