Sixteen

By My Side
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Taeyang receives all all-kill on music charts for 'Eyes, Nose, Lips'

- Naver

 

Taeyang's 'Rise' becomes third highest-charting K-Pop album on 'Billboard 200'

-Dispatch

 

Taeyang is rumored to have a hot bed scene with actress Min Hyo Rin for his upcoming MV

-SportsSeoul

 

G-Dragon to be a part of Taeyang's first comeback stage on 'Inkigayo' this weekend

-Mnet

 

 

The headlines on the online articles were all filled with him. Taeyang here and Taeyang there.

 

I kept on scrolling through the news online, the usual routine idols do to check any articles published about them - mainly scandals and sasaeng shots. Recently, with Youngbae's comeback, the sites were all crazy filled with him. I looked at Yuri who was seated beside me in the car, wondering whether all of these are affecting her in a way. I wonder if she knows that Youngbae was going to be present on the show since she seem to be distracted lately.

 

Yuri agreed to follow me to the SBS building today since we'd rather spend the day outside then slack at home. The other members had their own individual schedules while some were even on a break overseas. I was invited to watch Inkigayo today but I had to decline his offer. This fanboy of mine. I lied to him. I wanted to surprise him. Oh how glad he'll be to see me later. 

I just hope I'm not the one surprised instead. I just hope I don't bump into ..

 

 

The dragon.

 

 

After entering the building, we went straight to our hoobae's dressing room where it is filled with loads of staff trying to coordinate their hair and makeup. One by one they greeted us excitedly upon seeing us enter.

 

 

"Oh, noona what are you doing here?!" Chanyeol approached us by the couch.

 

 

"We came to support you guys of course!" Yuri exclaimed which gained claps and cheers from the boys.

 

 

" I bet Baekhyun hyung will be excited to see you here!" Sehun said as he took a seat beside me.

 

 

"Woah, where is that Byun Baekhyun anyways? He invited me here today and I said I was busy but the truth was I wanted to surprise him!" I chuckled.

 

 

"There he is!" Jongin replied from afar, since his stylist was fixing his grey-colored hair and pointed towards the monitor that was hanging on the wall.

 

 

 

I shifted my eyes to the monitor to see Byun Baekhyun and Kim Joonmyun on the screen. Oh how could I forget that they were the MCs of Inkigayo! I watched their movements carefully, trying to spot their mistakes. All the act of sunbae-love. We care for one another, always trying to spot each individuals' flaw so that we could learn and move on.

 

 

After minutes of tuning into the show, the exo boys were all ready and were just waiting for Baekhyun and Joonmyun to return. 
 

 


"Omo! Annyeonghasaeyo noona!" A very excited "kid" came running in and greeted me and Yuri, who was still glued to the couch.

 

"Aigoo! Baekhyun-ah, you did a good job so far! Suho, you too!" Yuri complimented them.

 

"Thank you thank you!" They both answered simultaneously while getting their makeup touched up before they perform their song, Overdose.

 

"Taeyeon noona, you lied to me. I thought you weren't coming today!" He said as he pouted playfully.

 

"Mianhe Baek. I wanted to surprise you!" I laughed.

 

"I am surprised indeed! I will do my best tonight since you're watching noona!" 

 

 

I couldn't stop myself from always laughing at this silly boy's antics. He's always the one who would ask me whether I've ate or the one who tells me to rest. I do so too, often encouraging him to stay strong and get through any situation. I favor him the most in the group, apart from Sehun. 


 

 

"Okay boys! You're up!" Ahreum-ssi, their manager noona called them to get ready for their stage.

 

 

They huddled and placed their hands together before shouting, "EXO! LET'S LOVE!"
 

One by one greeted the staff and us as they left. 


 

 

"Don't forget to watch us carefully noonas!"

 

"Annyeong, we will do our best!"

 

"Hwaiting Hwaiting!"

 

"Noona, wait for me to come back okay?" The last one to leave the room, Baekhyun greeted and left.

 

 

Yuri and I smiled to each other, feeling nostalgic the way that we used to be like exo, always asking the sunbaes to watch over us, greeting them and being all excited before our stage. Now, being one of the sunbaes in the music industry, we often see many hoobaes greeting us and feeling nervous. We often have to give them a pat on their backs and encourage them. 
 

 

Yuri and I continued to tune into the show in the empty dressing room since all the staff left with the boys.


 

Just as MCs Kwanghee and Yubi introduced Exo, I felt a sharp pain in my abdomen. 

 

 

", Yuri! I need the toilet!"

 

"Then go! Do you need me to accompany you?" she asked.

 

"Err .. duh? Why would I be whining to you then. C'mon, let's go!"

 

"But we will miss their stage!" Yuri exclaimed.

 

"I don't care! My tummy is hurting pretty badly now!" I grabbed hold of my stomach area, enduring the pain.

 

"Did you and Jiyong?.."

 

"NO! GEEZ! We didn't even reach that level. Now Huuuurrrrry!" I got up and pull her arm with a great force. 

 



 

I took quite a while in there. Once I was out, I touched up my makeup while the bored Yuri looked on.

 

 

"Tick Tock! You were in there for twenty minutes Taeng! I bet Baekhyun and the boys are a tad disappointed with us and it's all your fault!" She scowled.

 

"Aish, don't blame me. Blame the spicy ddeokbokki I had during lunch just now!"

 

"Hurry! The show is about to end!" This time, it was her who pulled me out. 

 

 

We were walking fast, passing by all the idol's dressing room like a flash.

 

 

"Not exo.. Not exo.." We kept on murmuring beneath our breaths after scanning through the rooms. 

 

 

Not watching where we were going, we bumped onto something. It kinda felt more like a collision rather than a bump and I was certain the victim was not watching his or her way either. I turned my head to see who we had blindly crashed into and to my horror, it is the one I feared I might meet today.

 

 

"Ji.. Jiyong?" I said softly.

 

"Taeyeon? What are you doing here?" he responded, also in a deep shock.

 

"Yuri?" 

 

"..Youngb-bae?" She stammered. 

 

 

The four of us were then in a deep daze, surprised to each other's presence. 

 

 

"W-well, erm.. Youngbae-ssi, congrats on your comeback!" I faked a smile and gave my support to break the awkward silence. He bowed to return his respect but averted his eyes back to Yuri.

 

 

Jiyong knew by the look upon my face that I do not wish to talk to him, moreover see him.  Plus, he's not forgiven. My eyes stayed glued to Youngbae, away from Jiyong. 

 

It took

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter