Fifteen

By My Side
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Come in ..  She's in her room .. "

 

 

I heard the sounds coming from the living room. Peeping through the windows, I could see the sunlit clouds which drifted across the clear blue skies. It was a good weather indeed, but it did not reflect my current emotion. Deep down, it was dark and grey as though the sky was threatening rain. There I lay, still thinking about it. Was it real? Yes .. it was.

 

A week had passed and I was still stuck here in my room. I never left. I was hurt and heartbroken. Knowing that the dorm would be the first place he'd check on me, I went to my parent's, who was out of town, with Tiffany to accompany me through the week. She brought in my meals for me and even ensured I took a bath. The members and staff were all worried sick about our whereabouts but we assured them that we were okay and that we just needed a little break.

 

 

"Taeyeon .. " Tiffany's voice rose from behind me.

 

 

I turned my back to greet the guest who had entered my humble abode, slowly and gently. One glance was all I needed and now what I yearn for was his embrace. I needed his comfort, I needed his words. My friend, my closest one at the moment. He soften his gaze after catching a glimpse of my face and walked towards my bed and stopped right at its edge, looking down on me who was still lying emotionally on it. My eyes shifted to Tiffany who was still at the door.

 

 

"...I'll give you guys some privacy."

 

 

And she closed the door behind us.

 

The room was dead silent, only the mild sound of our breathing as we fixed our gazes to each other.

 

 

"Your eyes .." he took note of my slightly red and puffy eyes, all the cause from crying overnight.

 

"..You've been crying haven't you?" he asked.

 

 

I looked away. He quickly took a seat on my bed and laid his hands on my shoulders.

 

 

"Taeyeon .. T-T-Taeyeon look at me!" He tried to force me but I would not budge. I couldn't take a look at his bright, warm and gentle eyes which will always make me surrender my secrets whenever we hung out. Without second thoughts, I wrapped my arms around him, leaning my head on his chest and started sobbing.

 

"I..I don't know what to do oppa ..  It feels like as though a sharp knife has s-stabbed me repeatedly.." My tears drenched his navy blue t-shirt but I did not care. All I wanted was someone to lean on and listen to me while I pour out all the pain. His body was still frozen by my sudden embrace but as my cries grew louder, it started to soften. Soon, I felt his hand on my head, brushing my thick lock of hair.

 

"Taeyeon .. please stop crying. It hurts me to see you this way," and I felt his hands drift to my back. He was hugging me back. He was comforting me just as I needed him to.

 

"Oppa.. where were you when I needed you then? You.. You just vanished. Not a phonecall nor a text," I broke off the embrace.

 

"..Last I saw you was when I watched the broadcast of MCountdown and you were performing your latest single with the other oppas. And it took you exactly a week to meet me here after that text you sent. Why did you disappear?" I hit him gently.

 

 

 

 

"Youngbae-ah, Are you excited for this?" I asked him.

 

 

We were both in the studio, making final preparations for his comeback. Fans were pumped up eversince the release of his comeback date and I made sure everything will go smoothly.

 

 

"Of course man! With you by my side, I've got nothing to worry about," he chuckled but I could only return him a slight smirk.

 

"Ji, what's wrong? Taeyeon didn't text you back?" he nudged me playfully, the usual Youngbae.

 

 

I sighed.

 

 

"Nothing's wrong. But hey I want to talk to you about these lyrics of your song here.." I quickly changed the topic.

 

 

 

My selfishness that couldn't let you go.

 

                          "It's just that I can't seem to forget her,"

 

 

Why am I a fool.

Why can't I forget you.

You're already gone.

 

                          "It's so hard to let her go,"

 

 

Your eyes, nose lips, your touch that used to touch me,

to the ends of your fingertips,

I can still feel you

 

                         "That's just how much I'm still holding on to her,"

 

 

All of our love

It hurts so much

But now, I'll call you a memory

 

                     "No matter how painful it is to hold on to her, maybe it's just best to let her go,"

 

 

 

"Youngbae, this song .. "

 

"Hush Ji, I know who this song is directed to. I wrote it remember!" He sounded ticked off.

 

"..I wrote it a year after our breakup. Because that was when I realized that I just simply can't forget her."

 

"But Youngbae, why only release it now?"

 

 

He paused and looked at me.

 

 

"You want to know why Ji?" he smirked.

 

"... because I want her to know how much pain she had caused and how it changed me. I know she still loves me too. We have too much to lose if our love for each other disappears,"

 

 

I looked puzzled at the words my buddy just poured out. If he still loves her, why does he wants Yuri to feel the pain he felt since the song would obviously make her feel shameful and guilty of her actions. It is as though he has a secret intention through this comeback that he's not telling me. If Youngbae is only doing this for retribution then, that's not the Youngbae I know.

 

"I guess your relationship with Yuri-ssi was really something special huh?" I asked him.

 

 

".. but Youngbae-ah, don't hurt her too much,"

 

 

He had his grin back on his face ,"rest assured man... but hey, since when did you empathize the soshi girls? I bet this must be the feelings for Tae-"  

 

"Actually, Taeyeon and I kinda .. " I cut him off

 

"..broke up," I swallowed back those words. It was hard just mentioning them.<

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter