You who suddenly appeared

Papillon's Worth

I woke up the next day with my blanket covering only half of my body, the sun’s bright rays striking through my little window and the birds chirping their way above the trees outside. Ah, what a nice day to spend on the relaxation. It’s summer vacation so I have a lot to time to spend on anything that’s nautically nonsense (insert evil laugh here).

It was still quarter to eight so I took a path, dressed up like always used to and ate my breakfast which Aunt Narcissa specially prepared for me.

"Auntie, since I don’t have anything to do today, can I go to the park to just stroll around, like, you know, enjoying my youthful days?” I said without a bit of hesitation and with full confidence.

“Okay, okay. Do whatever you like. Enjoy your so-called youthful days of whatever you call that thing, “Auntie answered like she’s just letting me fCho away from her like I’m a horrible insect.

“Auntie!” I blurted out, accompanied with my charming puppy eyes.

“Okay, okay. Finish that already so you can go home early. Quick, quick!”

“Yay! Thanks Auntie! You’re the best!” I gave two thumbs up to her.

I immediately finished my breakfast and waved goodbye to Auntie. “Bye Auntie! See you later!”

I went out of the house and made my way to the park. I suddenly remembered last night’s scene where I foolishly followed a butterfly. But the butterfly was so nice that I can’t even take my eyes from it. If anyone saw me last night, I would not wonder if they’ll coin me as a person who just got out of the mental hospital. But I was happy chasing that butterfly so I don’t think something’s wrong with what I did.

Finally, I arrived at the park and what struck me at the most was that there were many people who flocked there-from children playing at the playground, families having picnics to senior citizens just sitting there and laughing with their grandchildren.

As I was watching this child who’s running his way to the playground, my eyes caught this guy sitting under the numerous leaves of a big tree. He was just sitting on the grass ground, being protected by the shadows of the tree from the somehow painful rays of the sun. And I suddenly remembered- he was the one whom I met yesterday!

“Ya!” I shouted loudly so he could hear me from afar. Ho looked around for a while and pointed himself, probably asking if he was the one whom I’m talking to. “Yeah! You!” I felt happy to meet him that I even ran just to go to him.

“Yah! You were the one last night, right? I ju – “

BAM.

I hadn’t continued what I said. I just found myself lying on the grass, my head facing the ground. I can feel the pain from above my feet but I tried my best to get up from this misery.

“Ouch-ouch-ou-ouch,” I was on my knees then I noticed there was this hard of a person, extending so that I could reach for it. I unhesitatingly grabbed it because I had no choice. It was kind of hard for me to stand so I was thankful that he offered me help.

“Wow, you got a pretty awesome dive there. Courage and bravery I guess, helped you to get past that rock you stumbled upon,” the guy said while helping me get up. He was helpful but he was sarcastic.

I was busy brushing off the dust and pieces of grass from my clothes and my hands that I didn’t even look at him as uttered “Thank you.”

“Well, be sure to watch your step next time because there might be a rock running the path you’re supposed to take,” he added.

 “Yah. Yah, thank y –“ I was cut off midsentence because as I lifted my head to look at the guy from the last night. “O-oh! So it’s you! Haha, thanks for helping me,” I said in response.

“Ah, that was nothing. By the way are you sure you’re okay? I think you got badly injured,” he asked.

Oh, I’m okay. Don’t worry, I can still walk just fi – AW!”

“See? Let’s just go to my house so I can treat your wound.”

“Wait!” I exclaimed while raising my left palm in front of his face. His head immediately moved back a little to avoid my hand. “You sure you want to help me? You don’t even know me and I don’t even know you. What’s your name by the way?”

“Oh. I’m Cho Kyuhyun. Nice to meet you,” he offered his hand and I did a handshake with him.

“And I’m Cho Sungmin. Nice to meet you too,” I said in response.

“Wow we share the same surname! Maybe were related or something. Oh, I think you got injured because you want to talk to me so I think I’m the one responsible for that pain. I’ll just treat it at home, okay? I have a first aid kit there. It’s not far from here. Let’s go?”

“Thank you! We just met but then you’re already allowing a stranger like me to go to your house. But falling because of that rock hunts so I think we can go now,” I responded. He helped me walked so we could out from this park and go to his house.

After how many minutes, we arrived at his house and it was huge and beautiful. Wow, he’s rich. He let me sit at the couch in their living room so he could get the first aid kit. “Just stay there and I’ll get the kit, okay?” he said as he walked out to find the kit.

There were many picture frames that would surely get your attention so I didn’t waver and looked at each one of them. There were pictures of him when he was still young, pictures of his father, his mother and their family pictures. There was his family picture during his childhood days where there were four of them – his father, mother, him and a baby whom he was holding and a recently taken picture of only the three of them – only his father, mother and Kyuhyun were present and the supposedly grown kid now whom he was holding in the past family picture was gone, weird. Maybe the baby died or was lost or something? Well, I hope not because that’s just plain horrible. And the fathers were different. Step-dad maybe?

“Hey, here’s the first aid kit so sit down already, if you please,” I suddenly heard his voice so I jerked my head to where he was and I walked back to the couch to sit as he said.

“Sorry if I’m letting you do this. It’s my fault in the first place, that I didn’t look carefully as to where I was walking to,” I said as he mended my small wound.

“Ah, it’s okay. You were coming for me so I think it’s partly my fault,” he stated as he wiped the injured part with cotton.

“Kyu! Kyu! Are you there already?” a woman from upstairs shouted. I think she’s Kyuhyun’s mom. So Kyu is his nickname, huh?

“Mom! I’m here downstairs!” Kyu shouted back while still applying some medication on my feet.

“Oh, I’m just checking if you’re around or not. Oh! Dear, what did Kyuhyun do to you that he’s mending your foot? Did he have you injured or something?” she said as she walked downstairs and suddenly turning her attention from his son to me.

“Ah, you got it wrong, Kyu's mom! It was my fault that I’m injured. Thanks to your son that he’s helping me,” I uttered, the feeling lost for words.

“See, Mom? I’m already helping him so I’m not the bad guy here, okay?!” Kyuhyun responded as he fixed and placed back all the things to kit.

“Oh are you sure dear? Oh well, I’d just go upstairs and do my thing, okay? You can do anything you want here. I guess you’re having your party here or whatever celebration so I’ll go, okay? Enjoy!"

“Okay, Mom. Bye!”

“Are you sure I could stay here? I mean, don’t you have anything to do? I may just be a disturbance here so I don’t think I have any reasons to stay,” I said to Kyuhyun, feeling embarrassed because he had already done good deeds to me and I think I’m being too much.

“Oh no, no! I just mended your wound so just stay put, okay?” He insisted so I guess I’m left with no choice but to stay. “Oh, you wanna play PS3? I have here some action games you might like”’ he said as he handed me a handful of PS3 games.

He was setting up the console and there was I at the couch, looking at the games he handed to me. Fishy Revenge, Adventures of Yuki the Monkey, Giraffe Island... he sure had a weird collection of games. But then my eyes widened as I saw the words Annihilation: The Euphoric Attack written on a CD compartment in front of my face.

Annihilation: The Euphoric Attack!!! I finally landed my hands on you! Kyuhyun! Can I play this one?! This is like the best game ever made in human history! Well, at least for me. Please?” I abruptly and soundly said that I even forgot that I was not in my own home.

“Oh?! You like that game too?! Well said, man! It’s definitely the best game made by humanity. Because of this, my faith in humanity had been restored!” he exclaimed as he gave me a high five.

“Then let’s start! I’ll be Sergeant Stilton!”

“Then I’ll be Captain Adams!”

We started playing the game and gosh, we were like children who just played an action game for the first time! We were making those weird noises every time we attack our enemies, scream for joy whenever we get to accomplish those missions and  feel disappointed whenever the TV screen says “Mission Failed.

I didn’t even realize that we had been playing for more than two hours already. So this is the feeling when you meet someone who has the same interest as you – you do stupid things but feeling happy and fulfilled because of what you did in the end.

Because of what happened today, we got close immediately though it was just in a short span of time. It was short, simple and fun.