House

The Mystery of Old House

During the break,

            As usual, Chaerin will go to the garden to enjoy food with her others members. She took a seat beside Peniel soon he give some space to her. We eating our food peacefully until...... 

"Hey guys, have you heard about the old house behind our school?" Kai start the conversation. He smirked, looking at each of us as we stop eating and give our full attention to him. "No!" I shrugged my shoulder and quickly return to take a bite while the others keep waiting for him to continue with anxious written on their face. "Are you afraid Chae-ah?" he guessed, his eyebrow tilting a bit. "Nope. I just don't like ghost stories!" I said without looking at him.

"By the way, I plan to visit that house. Who wants to join me? Maybe we can find something INTERESTING~" he making a ghost-like face, saying 'interesting'. Sascha and Julianna was the first one to raise their hands, followed by Peniel, Luhan, Sehun, Hongbin, Sungjae, Leo, Rome and Ray, too. As far as I know, Ray is a scaredy cat. How can he agree to join them?

"Everyone are participating, except you. C'mon. There is nothing to be scared." Julianna persuade, she hold my hand tightly." Please~ Just this time." I stare into her shiny eyes, seems very desperate. "Okay...." I said weakly. Deep inside my heart, I feel something bad will happen to us but I do not want to spoil their happiness so I just keep my mouth shut and pretend to be happy too.

XXXXX

 

As soon as the last bell rang, I immediately ran towards the small gate. From a distance, I already saw  the 11 students were waiting for me. "Sorry. My class is damn high!" I tried to get the oxygen after a couple minute ran down the stairs since my class was at the highest level of the school building, not like them - You are very intelligent, that's why teacher put you there.

Luhan slightly rubbed my back, pity to see my condition. "Are you okay?" he asked worriedly. I just nodded and give a fake smile to him. "Okay guys, let's go!" Kai give command, we then make our way to that old house.

On the way to there, I felt uneasy, seems like someone were eyeing us. I secretly looked to the back. There is nothing. Just a few of dried leaves being swept off by the cold wind. I turn my head back to infront while continuously praying for our safety.

"We're here!" Kai shouted happily after 5 minutes we were walking non-stop. From outside, the house look more like a pension. It really big and gloomy. The gates were overgrown with creeping plants, the windows were broke into an not-so-pretty shape, the door seems like being torn down with something hard tools, the paint of walls is not white and shiny anymore, only yellowish green color can be seen there.

I gulped.

"Please keep quiet or else we will be caught!" Kai whispered, as his left leg step into the house site.

"Eww~" Sascha pouts, she accidently stepping on something that we also do not know. "Quiet please!" Kai reminded. He slowly turn the doorknob and push it to full length. Only darkness, nothing can be found nowhere, just darkness.

"Kai, I think maybe we should turn back. I don't want anything happen to us. At least we should tell our parents first." my voice a bit shaking. Sweats keep dribble out from my forehead. "Are you going nut? We can't tell this to anyone since this is our secret project." he snorts, quickly enter the house despite of the darkness. We just followed him from back.

Rome's hand roaming around the wall, searching for the electrical supply. "What are you trying to do? This is OLD house, Rome. Did you-" before Julianna managed to finish her words, a twang sound from lamp switch being pushed and light come out, illuminates the entire house.

"See? We will never know until we give a try." Rome smirked, leaving her alone. 

Sehun and Sungjae were looking around. They walked slowly while caressing the furniture along the room. They then stop, staring at the paintings that stick perfectly on the wall. One of them has caught their attention. "How can this painting had no damaged?" Sungjae asked, touching his chin like an investigator. "I had no idea too." Sehun shrugged his shoulder and move to infront. Sungjae still staring at the painting - there is a little girl was sitting on red luxury couch alone with a big of colourful vase beside her.

He keep examining it and suddenly a red flash reflected out of her eyes. Shockingly, he shift backward and fell down onto the mossy floor. Sehun heard him shouting for help, so he quickly ran back to there. 

"What's wrong?" he help Sungjae to get up. When the situation become calm, Sungjae tell him what had happened. "No way!" Sehun said almost shouting. He take a look on the painting again. "I see nothing. Maybe you were only imagine it." he guessed. "I don't know. But I am sure I see that!" he also look at the painting, his hand touching her eyes.

"Enough! We should go to them." Sehun quickly held his hand and walked over left the room.

"Did you found anything?" Kai asked. Sungjae about to say it but Sehun stop him. "No. We didn't!" he firmly claim his words. What Sungjae can do only sighing. "Why he don't want to believe me." He whispered alone.

"Seems like the rumor is not true. I think it is better for us to go back now." when we about to step out of the house, the light suddenly turn off and the door being shutting loudly.

"Not so simple." a faint voice sudden spoken from nowhere.