Day 8 - Jealousy

Jongkey Advent Calendar

Kibum suddenly stopped up; straw from his recently purchased drink still in between his teeth, as he watched the scene unfold in front of him.

Taemin stopped up too; turning around to take a wondering look at his frozen friend.

“Kibum? What is wrong?”

The said boy panicked by the mentioning of his name. He hurried to take a hold onto the younger boy and drag him into safety behind one of the huge supporting columns of the shopping mall. He carefully looked around the corner of it.

“What is Jonghyun doing here with his ex-girlfriend?” he murmured. 

Taemin followed his gaze until his eyes indeed landed on Jonghyun and his ex-girlfriend. They were standing in the middle of everything and talking with each other – kind of looking like someone who was trying to figure which way to go.

“Well,” Taemin stated like it was nothing. “I remember you telling me that they still were friends?”

Kibum nodded as a reply. “But I asked him what he was going to this afternoon, and he never told me anything about meeting his ex-girlfriend. It should have been worth mentioning, should it not?”

“Well,” Taemin stated again, obviously thinking that Kibum was overthinking things at the moment. “It is Christmas.” 

Kibum did obviously not understand what the other was saying. Christmas was supposed to be the season of love, so why would Jonghyun be hanging out with his ex-girlfriend instead of him? Kibum has even asked him earlier, if he was able to hang out this afternoon, but he had been told that he was having another appointment. Kibum never questioned which appointment, however, because he had so much faith in him. But it would have been obvious to tell him, if he was going to hang out with his ex-girlfriend, right?

“I do not think you understand,” Taemin tried again.

“You are right,” Kibum commented absent. “Whatever, he will come to my place tonight and then I can ask him about it myself.”

He watched as Jonghyun’s ex-girlfriend excitedly dragged Jonghyun towards a jewelry store and he felt something flare up inside him, and it was green and unpleasant.

 

“Hi Bum,” Jonghyun greeted as he stepped inside the younger’s house, quickly getting rid of his jacket and shoes.

“Hi,” Kibum stated shortly and closed the door behind him. Something about the situation seemed quite sickening.

Jonghyun leaned forward and quickly kissed Kibum on the lips. It was a bitter kiss, Kibum thought, as he was not sure what to think anymore. What was going to happen now?

The two boys made it upstairs and into Kibum’s room. Jonghyun threw himself onto the younger’s bed as he was used too, looking surprised as Kibum took a seat on his office chair and turned around to face him.

“How was your day today?” Kibum asked – trying not to be to straightforward and failing miserable.

Jonghyun hesitated a bit before answering. Kibum’s was acting strange and it affected him too. “It was good.”

“Really? That was good,” Kibum retorted, before coming up with the next question: “What did you do?”

“Uh, I have just been hanging out with Minho for a bit,” Jonghyun answered and sat up straight. “Why all the sudden questions, Bum?”

Now he was also lying him straight into the face. Kibum felt the tears gather in the corners of his eyes, he rapidly blinked to keep them hidden, as he replied the older. “Taemin and I went to the mall earlier today.”

Jonghyun looked at him a bit confused, before realizing where Kibum was heading. His eyes widened in shock and his stomach did small flips of sickness as he thought about the things Kibum possible could be thinking about him right now. But that did not matter for him now. What did matter was to clear things up and to make the small dimpled smile that was usually visible on the younger boy’s features return.

“Oh Kibum,” Jonghyun said sad. Moving closer to the edge of the bed, to be able to stand up and kneel onto the floor in front of his boyfriend. He took Kibum’s face into his hands, caressing his cheeks and sweeping the threating tears away. “Do you even see how ridiculous what you are hinting sounds, right now?”

His voice was soft and caring, almost making Kibum’s heart melt right then and there. He felt stupid for believing anything at all, before having listened to an explanation from his boyfriend.

Kibum nodded weakly. “I know. But then why did you lie to me just now?”  

“I was not supposed to do so, but I figured if I told you that I had been together with my ex-girlfriend then you would start asking questions and then I would have to lie to you even more, because I did not want you to know that she was helping me looking for a Christmas present to you, but now you know anyway…” Jonghyun strolled off, sighing resignedly.

Kibum’s eyes widened with realization. That was what Taemin had been talking about. Now he just felt even more stupid. Of course you would keep secrets from each other in the Christmas month. Kibum sighed and hide his face in the crook of Jonghyun’s neck. “I am so stupid, Jjong. I cannot believe I was jealous of your ex-girlfriend for such a foolish reason.”

Jonghyun chuckled and patted his back assuring. “No you are not. You are in fact extremely cute when you are jealous.” 

 


 

A/N:

For Jjongie-Kibummie-OTP.