Day 4 - Snuggling Memories

Jongkey Advent Calendar

Kibum’s parents had finally left for the weekend, letting him and Jonghyun take care of the house, while they visited some family in another city. He closed the front door happily and turned around to look at his stunning boyfriend, sitting on the couch in front of the fireplace.

The older boy curiously looked at the colorful scrapbook placed on the coffee table in front of him, along with two cups of hot chocolate and some homemade cookies, which Kibum’s mother had made for them before leaving.

Kibum did not hesitate and made his way over to the couch, taking a seat beside Jonghyun, who put his arm around him and kissed him on the cheek.

“What is this?” Jonghyun asked and looked at the scrapbook again, which Kibum earlier had carried down from his room.

“I told myself that I would never show this to you,” the younger boy confessed and leaned over to pick up the book, before leaning back again and snugging closer to him.

Jonghyun looked at him keenly. “But are you going to?”  

“I guess I have to sooner or later,” Kibum muttered and added; “so why not now?”

Jonghyun leaned even closer so he could get a better view, as Kibum opened the scrapbook and flipped through some of the pages.

“It is like a diary,” Jonghyun noticed loudly as he got some few glances of the different pages.

Kibum stopped flipping at a certain point and handed the book to Jonghyun. “Here, read from this part.”

The older boy took the book over in his lap and looked interested on the page Kibum had stopped on – his eyes scanned the text written there, and his smile grew ten inches by the words written.

“Today a new boy started in my class. His name is Kim Jonghyun and he is super gorgeous,” Jonghyun read aloud for Kibum to hear.

“Smear that grin of your face, will you?” Kibum whined, just to be ignored by the other, as he flipped the page.

Jonghyun continued to read about their meeting and all the stuff they had been doing together over the time – he read about how amazing his boyfriend thought he was and how his feelings had developed for him over the time. Something Jonghyun could recognize a lot.  

“Today Jonghyun threw a snowball at me and I flipped out on him,” Jonghyun grinned at the memory. “I only did it to get your attention.”

Kibum snorted. “You could just have talked to me, you know?”

“I did talk to you,” Jonghyun commented.

The younger boy rolled his eyes at him. “Yes, after you threw the snowball.”  

Jonghyun grinned at this and continued reading – knowing that his boyfriend was right.

Kibum sighed and burrowed his face in Jonghyun’s shoulder. Why did he let Jonghyun read this ? Not only was it embarrassing but it was also badly written, and it made him sound like a love sick teenager with his hormones out of control – and he had almost forgotten about how often he mentioned Jonghyun in that book. If he had remembered he probably would not have shown him.

He was busy drowning himself in embarrassment, so he barely noticed Jonghyun patting his head. “Should I stop reading?”

Yes.

“No, just keep on,” Kibum muttered and looked up at him with a small pout.

Jonghyun smiled and squeezed his cheek before kissing it all over. “You are such a cutie; I will just finish reading about my confession to you.”

“Oh god, please do not…” the younger purposeless begged him not to read aloud.

Jonghyun just cleared his throat.

“Today Jonghyun visited me. I had not seen him for several weeks because of the holiday, so his visit came as a big surprise for me. He even told he had missed me, and he had a present for me as too; a ring with a fox on it. He said that he had passed it somewhere and instantly got to think on me. How cute is that? I feel kind of bad for not having anything for him,” Jonghyun stopped reading.

“What?” Kibum asked surprised.

“You not giving me a present were not even in my mind,” Jonghyun explained.

Kibum smiled at him and patted his tight teasingly. “You were probably too busy to die inside.”

“I have no idea what you are talking about,” Jonghyun lied coyly.

“Continue your reading then,” the younger requested knowingly, earning a loud sigh from Jonghyun.

Since when did they switch rolls anyway?

“But that was not the main point. Jonghyun had visited me for a whole other reason. He fumbled a lot with his words and he was clearly tense about something – that much was clear – and his nervousness affected me too, as I wondered what he would say. A bit more fumbling around with his mouth and he finally asked me: Do you want to date? – WHAT are you laughing at?” Jonghyun interrupted his own reading, as Kibum started to laugh loudly.

“The way you just changed your voice, when reading your own voice,” Kibum kept laughing.

Jonghyun just looked at him confused, before laughing as well. “I did, didn’t I?”

They both laughed a bit longer before coming to a stop. Kibum tried to catch his breath again, and as he did, Jonghyun closed the scrapbook and put it onto the coffee table. He then took his cup of hot chocolate and took a sip of it before placing it down again and leaning his side up against Kibum.

A comfortable silence felt over the living room, and the only sound that could be heard for a while was the sparks coming from the lid fireplace. Jonghyun looked down on Kibum’s hand resting on his thigh. He then laid his own hand on top of it and played around with the foxy ring, which Kibum had been wearing ever since.  

 


 

A/N: 

This is a little bit late but I made it!

This is for alleksandra, who requested a light-hearted drabble, with Jonghyun and Key sitting in front of the fireplace and reminicing past events c:

Hope you enjoy!