Day 1 - First Kiss of December

Jongkey Advent Calendar

The sun had already set, at the time Jonghyun returned home from work. It was the first day of December and the snow had been falling since this morning, covering the whole city in white flakes.

Jonghyun brushed the snow of himself, before opening the front door and stepping into the welcoming heat.  

Kibum had managed to clean their little town house. Half of the place was already decorated with white, red and green Christmas decorations, and their neighbor had helped the younger boy with getting the Christmas tree inside and onto its place; the left corner of the small living room and just beside the old fireplace, because it emits a cozy atmosphere for themselves and the people that will visit them.

To be honest, at first Jonghyun thought it was a bit strange to be this early with all the decorations and stuff. After all it was just the first day of the month and there still were three weeks for Christmas Eve. But after spending somewhat around six years together with his dear boyfriend, Jonghyun had learned to understand how much the holiday means for Kibum and his family. They had been having a hard time once; with his mother being seriously sick during the holiday, they found to appreciate the comfort and peace a decorated home could provide for them.

Jonghyun smiled as he entered the living room and was met with the sight of Kibum standing on a small ladder, so he was able to reach the top branches of the green fir tree standing in front of him. The older boy took a short moment to look around the now tidied and adorned room, but his eyes quickly darted to Kibum again.

“Someone has been busy here,” he singsong and took a step further into the living room – but not before he had made sure to take his shoes off and put them onto their given place on the shoe rack; he knew how much it meant for Kibum to keep the place clean and neat.

Kibum halted in his action and turned his head towards Jonghyun with a surprised smile. He had clearly not noticed Jonghyun coming home.

“I have been working on it since I woke up,” he claimed proudly and continued with his task of hanging a little fragile glass angel on one of the upper branches. He inspected his work quickly, before stepping down from the ladder and approaching Jonghyun happily, letting him wrap his toned arms around his waist and pull him into a much needed hug – taking care of the house was a hard work, though he enjoyed doing so.   

“Hi,” Jonghyun greeted him.

“Hi.”

“You have been working hard,” Jonghyun stated considerately and pulled Kibum over to the couch so that they could both sit down and relax. He took a fast glance around the living room a second time, just for the sake of it all, before looking at the younger boy again. He then smiled teasingly, and eventually said: “You have deserved your first kiss, haven’t you?”

Kibum scrunched his eyebrows and tilted his head a bit in confusion for a short moment, before he realized what Jonghyun was talking about, and his eyes widened and his smile grew. “What are you talking about? I already had my first kiss taken a long time ago, you stupid boy. You should know, because you were a part of it – or did you already forget about that, idiot?”

Jonghyun’s face blanked and he looked uncertain at his boyfriend, not quite sure where to rest his eyes, as he tried to read the other’s mind. Obviously Kibum was just kidding though, so Jonghyun just decided on pouting at him.

“Of course I did not forget about it. It was on Christmas Eve, to a common friend’s party, we met, we talked, we fitted, and as the evening was about to come to an end and we were about to leave, we shared a kiss in the door opening, under a mistletoe, all while Jinki was complaining because of the cold, and we have been together ever since,” Jonghyun explained, as if Kibum did not know the story already. “And since then, we decided to share one meaningful kiss on every day in December month, until our anniversary on Christmas Eve.” 

Kibum smiled satisfying; of course he knew Jonghyun would remember, but he still loved to hear about their love story, especially when it was Jonghyun telling it to him.

“Then…” Kibum started and rested his forehead on top of his boyfriend’s, arms around his neck, “what are you waiting for?”

“Nothing,” he whispered, as he slowly moved his jaw closer to the others – taking his god damn time.

Kibum pouted and leaned closer to Jonghyun, trying not to seem too desperate, though truth was that he had been working his off all day, and he was exhausted and all he needed was a bit of closeness – and of course Jonghyun’s warm plum lips on his own, but no way he was going to give in on Jonghyun and his childish play, now that he had been promised his first kiss of December.  

Jonghyun,” he ended up whining as the older boy did not bug and just breathed hot air onto his lips. “Just kiss me already, you idiot!”

The older boy snickered, probably pronouncing himself as winner, before finally connecting their mouths.

The kiss was innocent and slow, yet smooth and elegant, like the snowflakes falling outside the windows.  

 


 

A/N:

Hi guys.

First of all; happy first December! Hope you will all have a merry Christmas!

Well, this was my first little story for my advent calendar, it is not very long, but I figure every piece will be around this length, since I will have to write one for each day the next 23 days! 

I hope that you guys enjoyed it. Please leave me some feedback, and if you haven't already, feel free to request a plot in the comments below! I only have eight so far, so I still need 16! 

Anyway, I'll post another one tomorrow, so see ya'! :D

Oh by the way, this plot was requested by Ryuzaku, who asked for a Jonghyun and Key's first december kiss, sitting near the Christmas tree! Thank you so much for your request, it might not have turned out as expected, but I hope you liked it after all! :D