25

Young Wife

After Jia’s gone, the house became peaceful and quiet. Luhan and Hana finally could have breakfast without feeling any burden anymore. This couple decided not to tell Chorong immediately about what happened. She was having fun with Lay in China, so they thought it wasn’t the right time.

Luhan and Hana tried to live a life as a normal couple like there wasn’t any problem in their relationship. Who could have known that there was a heavy mountain on Hana’s chest?

The girl still kept seeing Sehun, at least once a week. But it wasn’t because of her own will anymore. She met him because she felt like she had to do so. Their relationship was getting further and further apart. But both of them just didn’t admit it. Hana also noticed the changes in her boyfriend. He was quieter than before. He didn’t smile much either or even if he did smile, it wouldn’t reach his eyes.

She really wanted all of these to end quickly but how could she bring herself to say the word break up with her very pure first love?

Something was odd though. She kept seeing Sehun but her grandpa didn’t do or say anything. It was weird how he was so quiet about this. Instead, he just did a very big party at his mansion and invited all the people that he knew in the business world to join.

The party took place this evening. Hana was supposed to meet Sehun, but because of the party, she needed to cancel it and told her boyfriend to meet on tomorrow instead.

Hana didn’t feel like going to the party at all but whatever his grandpa said was an order.

It was 8pm when Luhan and Hana arrived at the party. Her grandpa welcomed them with open arm. He gave Hana a fatherly hug and even ruffled her hair saying that his granddaughter has grown a lot. It was extremely odd. Luhan though, was also wondering why his grandpa-in law acting nice all of sudden. Luhan didn’t feel good. He was worried about Hana because he knew her grandpa was up to something. He just wasn’t sure what it was, but must be something related to them.

“Why are you so quiet, grandson?” Mr. Song patted Luhan’s shoulder making he jumped a little in surprise. “I’m just a little bit tired, grandpa. There were so many things to do today.” Luhan answered with a small smile.

“You became really successful at a young age. Your dad must be really proud of you, Luhan. I’m also happy that my granddaughter has such a perfect husband like you.”

Luhan noticed that change of Hana’s expression when her grandpa said the last sentence. Her brows were knitted together as she looked away. Hana was annoyed and Luhan knew why. It seems like Mr. Song also saw that but he pretended that he didn’t.

“I’m also thankful that you didn’t mind about the between me and Hana. She didn’t even finish high school yet but she had to marry an old man like me.”

This time Mr. Song laughed out loud. “You must be kidding. It’s only ten years apart. It’s not that big. And you’re not old, Luhan. You look like a college student. Right, Hana?” The old man turned his attention to his granddaughter. Hana formed an uneasy smile. “Yes, oppa looks a lot younger than his age.”

Luhan smiled and wrapped his arms around his wife’s waist. “Thank you.”

Mr. Song noticed that Hana didn’t flinch or looked uneasy to Luhan’s touch anymore. She seemed comfortable. A meaning full smile appeared on his face. *You’re not gonna hate me for this, Hana. I’m you aren’t’!*

“Enjoy the night, kids. I’m going to talk to my old friends who just came from oversea. I’ll be back later. Take care of my granddaughter, Luhan.” With that, he left the couple alone.

Luhan looked at Hana and saw how she was shivering in her short dress. He took of his black tux and put it on her shoulder. With the sudden warm on her body, Hana looked up and saw her husband was smiling at her. “Feel better?” He asked.

She smiled sweetly and nodded. “Yes, thanks oppa.”

“It’s ok. I’m going to restroom. You’re fine by yourself, right?”

Hana nodded again. “Yes.” “Then wait me here, I won’t take long.”

 

 

Around the dark corner of the room, Mr. Song was talking with one of his guards with a furious look. “Tell me!”

“Young madam’s been seeing him every week. They’re still together, boss.”

The old man curled his arm into a fist. “I knew this was gonna happen. That little piece of trash still didn’t back his cheap head off. He never learned.”

“What do you want to do, boss?”

“Find him, and give him a real lesson this time. GO NOW!” Hana’s grandpa said through his gritted teeth. The guard bowed down. “Yes boss, I understand.”

 

 

Hana started to feel bored standing alone. She disliked the people at the party, so she didn’t talk to anyone. And her husband still didn’t come back yet. It’s been fifteen minutes already.

“Where’s Luhan?”

Hana heard her grandpa’s voice. She turned around and he was standing behind her back. “Oh grandpa! He went to the restroom.”

Mr. Song nodded. “I see you’re happier that the last time I met you. Luhan takes care of you well, doesn’t he?”

“Yes, he’s always nice to me.”

“Good. You should be thankful for that. Luhan is a kind person, sometimes he’s too kind. Don’t you think so?”

Hana knew the meaning behind her grandpa’s words. He referred to how Luhan kept quiet about her and Sehun. The girl didn’t reply. She avoided her grandpa’s eyes and looked away. Luckily, she spotted Luhan who was making his way back toward her. Her lips curled upward into a smile. She’s saved.

“I’m sorry I took longer than I expected.”

Hana shook her head. “It’s OK.”

“Oh grandpa, did you finish talking with you old friends?” Luhan asked. Somehow Hana felt like it wasn’t a sincere question, but she just shrugged it off of her head.

“Yes, grandson. It was nice talking to them after we haven’t met for years. But it’s nicer when I see both of you love each other this much. Should we cheer for that?” Mr. Song said before he called the waiter to bring them three glasses of wine. He gave one each to the couple and kept one for himself.

“Is it ok for Hana to drink?” Luhan asked. The girl nodded. “I’m fine. It’s not that much.”

“Good. For the happiness of my two grandchildren, cheer.” Mr. Song said. The three glasses were pressed against each other and they drank the wine in one shot.

Hana started to feel hot inside her body as soon as the drink entered her body, but she didn’t say anything…until Luhan said to her. “Your face is really red, are you ok?”

“I’m fine.” Hana answered.

Mr. Song looked at his beloved granddaughter in worry. “I shouldn’t make you drink it. You should rest for a while, sweetheart.” Then he called one of the maids. “Bring her upstairs, she needed to rest.” The maid bowed in respect and helped Hana going upstairs. But before they could reach the room, the maid stopped Hana. “Young madam, I have something to tell you.”

……………………………………………………………………….

 

Sehun walking back home after he helped his parents out at the restaurant. He was walking alone because his parents needed to go to the market to buy ingredients for dinner, since there were so many people came to their restaurant and there was no food left for them.

Sehun almost fell on his when suddenly a black car stopped next to him, and a few seconds later his body was dragged inside the car.

Sehun gasped when he realized who he was staying with inside the black car. He frowned in annoyance as he looked at that person in the driver seat. “What do you want?” Through his voice, Sehun was irritated.

Tao grinned as he started the engine. “Nice to meet you again too, Oh Sehun. Let’s have a ride together before we go to your house, shall we?”

Sehun rolled his eyes. “I don’t have time for this. I need to go home. Stop the car.”

Tao chuckled. “You’re so mean. I’m trying to save you, but look how you treat me. That hurts my feeling.”

Sehun frowned, confused with Tao’s words. “What are you talking about? Save me from what?”

“From those bastards who trying to kick your .”

Sehun got even more confused. “Who?”

“A car is following us, didn’t you see?” Tao said and sped up.

Sehun looked back and saw another black car, bigger than Tao’s, was following them. He gasped in shock. “Who are they?”

“Hana’s grandpa’s people.”

Sehun’s jaw dropped. He leaned against the backrest of the car and sighed. “How did you know they were going to find me?”

“Well…..

Flashback

Tao was sitting inside the club with two girls sitting either side of him. They were having fun drinking and playing game when Tao’s phone rang. He looked a bit annoyed but Tao still picked up the phone when he saw who the caller was.

“It’s me, ge.”

(“Tao, I need your help.”)

Tao put the can of beer down as he stretched up his body.

“What’s wrong?”

(“Find Oh Sehun and help him. He’s in danger.”)

Tao almost couldn’t believe with what he just heard.

“Since when you care about your love enemy?”

(“Listen up Haung Zitao, I don’t have time to explain to you. You need to hurry find that kid. He’s is in a great danger. Only you can save him right now. I trust you, di di.”

With that the phone was cut off.

 

Sehun’s mouth hung opened in shock. “You’re saying Hana’s husband is helping me?”

Tao shrugged. “He’s too nice to believe, huh? Yes, he saved your . You have to be thankful for that.”

Sehun’s shoulder dropped as he looked outside the window of the car. *Why did he help me? Doesn’t he hate me?*