26

Young Wife

Luhan woke up to the rude sunlight that was carelessly shone on his face. His eyelids were slowly opened as he looked at the unfamiliar ceiling. Even the bed and the pillow were unfamiliar to him. He felt tired and it felt like his lost all his energy. Luhan’s left shoulder was numb because of a heavy object. He turned to his left and Luhan’s eyes were wide open as if he just saw a ghost. Luhan wished it was a ghost though. But no, it was his wife’s sleeping face. Luhan’s heart dropped when he saw her bare shoulder. He lifted the blanket that was covering him and he was shock to see himself completely . He was sure that his wife was no any different than him.

That was when he realized what must have happened, and why it happened. Luhan remembered the feeling he got after he drank the wine Hana’s grandpa gave him. It felt like the fire was burning him inside. Then his was dragged to a room where he saw his wife lying on the bed when he entered it.

Mr. Song was the one behind everything. The party was the way to get them into his plan.

Luhan swallowed hard as he stared at Hana. He was worried about her. It was fine for him, but what would the girl react when she woke up and found herself in such a situation? Hana is really young. She was surely not ready for this.

Luhan froze when Hana moved her head from his shoulder. She rubbed her eyes and let out a heavy breathe as if she was tired. Her eyes were slowly opened and she started to search the environment around her. She held her breath when she saw Luhan’s face was right in front of her. They locked eyes for a moment that felt like eternity. The expression she gave him was blank.

Hana frowned when she felt pain on her body. It wasn’t serious but it was enough to let her know what had happened last night. She looked at her husband and worry was written all over his face.

“I’m so sorry.”

That was the first thing Luhan said to her. Hana blinked a few times. “For what?”

Luhan was surprised to hear Hana respond like that. He gulped his saliva when he felt his throat became dry. “For what happened between us. I didn’t know this would happen. If I were more careful, this wouldn’t happen.”

“Why are you saying like this? Didn’t you want me?”

Luhan’s mouth hung opened. He has never been this surprised before in his life. This wasn’t what Luhan had expected from Hana. Why was his wife acting like she didn’t get any effect at all?”

“What are you talking about, Hana? You were supposed to be upset…you…you’re confusing me. You’re cool after we just did it last night?”

Hana swallowed and avoided Luhan’s gaze. “I knew this was going to happen. Before I entered this room, the maid who brought me here was kind enough to tell me about grandpa’s plan and the drug inside our wine. But I still entered this room.”

Luhan was speechless. This was getting more and more complicated. What has gotten into his wife? “Why did you do this when you knew it was gonna happen?”

Hana let out a deep sigh. “So that I can easier end the relationship with Sehun. There’s nothing for him to wait anymore. Our complicated love story will come to an end.”

Luhan closed his eyes, trying to interpret what Hana just said into his brain. He highly doubted if that was the only reason. “Are you sure there’s no other reason? You have made a really big decision.”

Hana looked at Luhan with an upset expression. “Aren’t we a married couple? Married couples are supposed to do that, aren’t they?”

“Yes they are, but only when they are in love.”

Hana heavily sighed again. “Don’t you love me, oppa?”

“Of course, I always love you, Hana. But….

“And I love you too. See? We’re in love.”

“Still, you’re…………eh wait? Did you say you loved me too?”

When he was able to understand what his wife had said, Luhan held his breathe. He wished he didn’t hear it wrong.

Hana moved a little closer to her husband. She cupped his face in her both of her palms. “I never expected I could fall for you this fast, but right now I just knew that I love you so much, oppa. I love you till the extend that I forgot everything I’ve done with Sehun. Grandpa’s right. You’re a great guy. You’re kind and mature. You always forgive me for whatever I did wrong. Where else can I find a guy who is open-minded like you?”

Luhan’s heart was jumping around in joy. Those beautiful words came from his wife’s mouth sent him to heaven. He has never been better than this moment in his life. A smile appeared on his face as Luhan tucked Hana’s hair behind her ear and gently caressed her cheek. “I’ve been waiting for this moment for all of my life. Thank you for choosing me.” He planted a soft kiss on her forehead.

“I can’t wait to spend the rest of my life with you. I’m gonna be the happiest girl in the world. Thank you for everything.”

Slowly they leaned toward each other, and when their lips met, the butterflies in their stomach exploded out of excited because this was the first kiss they shared with passionate love.

 

“What are you going to do next?” Luhan asked his wife after they broke the kiss.

“I’ll break up with Sehun this evening, but I have a favor to ask you, oppa.”

…………………………………………………………………………………..

 

“I got the scholarship to study in the US. I didn’t know how I did that but the school there accepted me. Isn’t it awesome?” This was what Sehun told Hana the very first minute they met each other. Even though Sehun wasn’t that happy about this scholarship thing (even he was always dreaming of going to study abroad, but if he goes, he won’t be able to meet Hana for four years.), he still tried to make it sound exciting.

In response, Hana only gave him a weak smile. Sehun could sense something bad was coming but he tried his very best to ignore it.

“Congratulation! Your dream finally came true.”

“Of course, we should party, shouldn’t we? What do you want to eat today, princess? And after we eat, where should we go? Ah…it’s been a while since we………………….

“I’m sorry Sehun, but I don’t have much time.” Hana said cut him off. Sehun’s face dropped immediately. “My husband is waiting for me outside, so I’d like to make this short.”  

Sehun suddenly found it difficult to breathe. His face went pale and he swallowed hard waiting for Hana’s next sentence.

“Let’s break up.” Hana said with no emotion at all. Her face was showing that she was damn serious.

For a moment, Sehun’s heart stopped beating. His head spinned and he was dizzy. A sharp pain shot through his breaking heart. He faked a laugh. “Don’t joke around. It’s not funny, princess. I……………..

“I’m not joking. I can’t do this anymore. My grandpa won’t leave us alone. I can’t imagine what he’d do next. Let’s end it here.”

“But…but you promised me……………

“I know, and I’m so sorry. I shouldn’t make all those empty promises. But Sehun, we can’t be together anymore. I…….I uh

“If it was because of your grandpa, I’m not scared of him. I could endure any pain for you, Hana. Please don’t do this to me.” Sehun almost crying begging her.

Hana avoided his almost-crying face and looked away. “It wasn’t all because of my grandpa. I…I love Luhan oppa. I want to be with him for the rest of my life, I’m sorry.” With that, Hana left.

Sehun’s world became dark and he couldn’t see anything besides the Hana who was running out of the restaurant. He felt like a knife just stabbed right in his heart. He tried heart to swallow the lump in his throat and the tears that were threatening to fall down. He still couldn’t believe what he just heard from Hana. He still didn’t believe he chose Luhan, who she just knew a few months, over him. Sehun stood up from his seat and ran after Hana hoping he still could catch up with her.

 

 

Luhan who was standing, leaning against his car, straightened up when he saw his wife ran out of the restaurant. He was worried about her while waiting for her to clear things up with Sehun and he was even more married when he saw his dark expression.

“Hana, are you ok?”

The girl smiled a little at her husband. “I’m ok, oppa. Finally I did it. Our complicated love story has come to an end.”

“I’m glad.” Luhan patted her head.

“Anyway, thank you for your help. Sehun looked so happy about the scholarship. At least I could fulfill one of his dreams.”

“What did you say?”

It wasn’t Luhan’s voice. Hana turned back and her eyes grew wide with the sight of Sehun standing behind her. “Sehun??”

“The scholarship, was it you and your husband? I didn’t get it by my own ability, did I?”

Sehun’s expression was telling that he was angry and hurt in the same time.

Hana slowly nodded. She couldn’t deny it when Sehun already heard it by himself. Luhan was a bit surprised too. “We were trying to help you, Sehun.” Hana sincerely spoke.

Sehun laughed out loud sarcastically. “Help, huh? You were just trying to send me away. You know what, Song Hana? You didn’t have to do this. I will disappear from your life and I won’t let you see me anymore. I wish you a great life with your husband. Goodbye.” With that, Sehun walked away from the couple without turning back for once.

Hana broke down right after Sehun left and Luhan went to comfort her immediately. “You can go after him and explain everything if you want, Hana.”

The girl shook her head. “I don’t need to explain anything. Let’s just let it end like this.”

“But it seems like he started to hate you.”

“It’s good that he hates me. So that he can forget me and find a better girl.”  Hana wiped her tears and held Luhan’s hand. “Let’s go back to our house, oppa. That’s just you and me from now on.”

Luhan was still doubt whether Hana was really fine but he didn’t say more things and brought her home.

That night Hana cried her heart out to sleep and so did Sehun. Their relationship is completely ended.