Memories.

Princess of China

___________________________

 

*10 years ago.*

«-uh ? What are you playing at ?
Little 7 years old Fen looked at the voice who was speaking to her. She was surprised that somebody come speak to her. All the others children never came to her. Emperors and Empresses  was at a important council, so all their children was kept in a sort of nursery for emperors's kids next to the temple where the council was. Like every time, Fen was hidden in a corner, playing silently and waiting for his daddy.
She raised her head, and see a little blond boy with a cutie face.
 -Mahjong game...
 -Can you teach me how to play ?» 
Fen nodded, and so Luhan came sit next to her. Fen was blushing a lot, this was the first time that she was speaking to a boy, even speaking to another child.
He was very concentrated, and he was listening to her carefully. Finally they played together, until the end of the afternoon. They were liking each others, and they were laughing a lot.
When the council ended, all the emperors came take their kids.
In the palanquin, in the way back to home, Fen was looking dreamy and she didn't spoke. Shi Liang (Fen's father) was pretty curious and told her :
«-Are you thinking about the child of the Emperor Zhu ? Hum... Luhan isn't it ? I saw you playing with him.
  -Daddy ! Fen was all red.
  -Hey, there is no problem with that ! Said Shi Liang in a laugh. But for the moment, come hug me !»
Fen came in the arms of his father that she loved, and didn't stop thinking about Luhan...


*4 years ago*
«-Luhaaaan ! Stop, and give me my book !
  -ahaha, try to catch me !»
Fen was running after him, 
desperately trying to have her books back.
They were now 13 years old, and they were still friends. Luhan was coming every Wednesday to play with her.
BOOM
Fen fell down.
Luhan ran to her, and asked if she was alright. Fen nodded her head.
«Let me help you» told Luhan.
He took her hands and help her to get up

 

*...He took my hands... My hand and his hand.... Luhan...* Fen thought

 

 

*2 years ago*
*Hard to remember... Just this hug he gave me after I succeed to this test...
He hugs me.... I was so near to him....
Luhan....* Fen thought with more and more tears.

 

 

*1 years ago and 5 months*
«-Hi Luhan ! So you want  a revenge to the Mahjong ?
  -No Fen...
 - Well I would be afraid too because you have no chance to win against me !
 -Fen listen...
She stop speaking. Luhan's expression was very serious.
 -You know, my dad, and your too actually are in the war against the barbarian... 
 -Y-yes ?
 -Eum... My dad ask me to go join him. He said now I'm 17, I'm enough old to protect our empire so... I go tomorrow to the war...
Fen became all white.
 -Are you sure ?
 -Yes... So I want to say goodbye...
 -Luhan...
 -Don't be worried ! I will be back soon I promise !
 -I hope so...
He was just in front of her. So near. She wanted so much to grab his hand, or run in his arms and beg him to don't go, but she couldn't.
 -I want to give you that box, it beautiful isn't it ?
He gave her a box, with dragons on it. Sparkling because of all that precious stone on it. 
 -Very beautiful yes...
 -Put it in your bedroom. A place where you will see it. I want that every time you looked at it, you think about me.
 -Even without that box, I would think about you...
The both blushed.
Then, an officer called Luhan. He had to go, to prepared him for his trip.
 -I have to go !
 -Take care of you Luhan...
Luhan hesitated, and finally turned back.
 -Luhan !! Yelled Fen.»
Luhan ran to her, took her hand and kissed it. He kissed it very strongely, with a lot of passion. Fen felt some tears on her hands, but she didn't has the time to see if he was really crying because he ran to the officer, and went in his palanquin.
She waited that the palanquin was away from her house, to fell of sadness. The tears was flowing, she couldn't stop.
She was regretting to didn't kiss him before he left, and she was afraid because Luhan could die during this war. Barbarian are such savages...

 

*Back to today*
Fen opened the eyes.
Granny was calling her, it was time to go sleep.
She dried her tears, and breath a long sigh to calm her down. All that memories about Luhan was tormenting her a lot since Luhan was gone. She couldn't sleep very well, dreaming of his father who is dead during the war, and thinking if Luhan was still alive or not.
The old lady was always telling her to stop thinking about Luhan, because for her he was dead. She was so worry to see Fen suffer...
But she was the empress, she has to stay neutral with emotions and don't show her sadness, which was very hard for a young woman of 17 years old. She has learnt : head up, stay focused on your empire.

Not your heart.

 

Luhan's box :

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

____________________________________

Thanks for reading, chapter 3 come soon ! c:

-Kiss