The beginning.

Princess of China

_____________________________

 

The water was dripping out of the huge bath.
Fen was leaning on it edge, contemplating the snow outside.
«Empress, time to go out of the bath»
Fen looked at the slave who was in charge to her bath, and nodded. Silently, she went out of the bath.
Silence
There was only silence now.
She passed through the corridors. There were many dragons draw on the wall, and particulary a big one, just in front of her bedroom. Symbol of his family, this green dragon protected Fen and all the house from the bad spirit of the Red God, god of death and destruction.
Finally she arrived in her bedroom.
«-Still searching a husband for me granny ?
  -I know you since your birth, I took care of you like a mother would do. I had been a good governess. So I think I'm the good person here to find you an husband... Since you are not interesting in it !
  -Oh please granny...
  -Just look at the photos !» 
The old lady gave her some photos. Her old muscles had difficulty to catch the photos who were all spread in that massive dark wood table. Her bun shaked a little with her movements, which made some pins fall of it.
Fen looked at the them, briefly, without interest.
«-Oh look this one ! started the nurse. His name is Wu Yi Fan, his family is very rich and have good places in the Council of the Gold Dragon !
 -No... Hissed Fen.
 -And this one ? Huang Zi Tao, good family. I heard they have an amazing army ! You would feel safe and-
 -I said no Ju Hui. Please stop that.» 
The governess stopped to talk. Fen called her "Ju Hui", she called her by her real name, not "granny" which was showing her irritation. Fen stood up, and went look by the window. The old woman didn't move.
It was cold outside. It was snowing, all the domain was covered by a beautiful white. Away, Fen could see some slave who were in charge of the garden or the agriculture, working hard in the snow. Their work was harder than usual because the snow was slowing them, and they poor green uniform wasn't enough against the cold air. Fen looked somewhere else, and see the holy garden, where her parents was buried. 

«-You think about him again ... ?
Fen lowered her head.
 -Stop thinking about him. He is gone now, he won't come back. You can't wait him all your life, find an husband now...
Fen felt tears coming in her eyes, she tried to keep them. An empress can't cry, not in public, it is a sign of weakness. She can't be weak.

-I go in the holy garden. I need to pray a little. »
Ju Hui nodded, without a word. When Fen left the room, she sighed, worried about the future of Fen.


Fen caught quickly a fur jacket, and ran to the door in the big hall. A slave asked her if she would like her to go with her outside, but Fen answered no. She wanted to be totally alone with the spirit of her parents, and her thoughts.
The holy garden was crossed by a very little river, named River of the calm dragon. It was named like this because the legend say that when a person die, his spirit goes in the river and is carried in heaven. All the house put their holy garden or simply their graves near to the river, because without it, the soul of the death can find the way to go to heaven.
She knelt in front of the tree were the box full of the ashes of her dad and her mother was. She began to cry. She was finally alone, she could cry as she want to. She looked at the box, where the ashes of her mother was and asked her for help. Her heart was in trouble since a very long time. 
She though about him again...
 «Luhan...  She whispered in her tears. I'm sure you are not dead. Please come back. The Red God already took me my parents, but he couldn't take you too... Please mother, help me with this, please help Luhan ! »
She looked at the shiny moon, tears was drowning her pale face. She didn't cry since a long time, she was too busy with direct the house after his dad death, and learn how to direct it. But she was only a young woman, not ready for all that responsibilities. She felt so alone.
 «Chang'e, goddess who live in the moon, please hear my tears and help me...  »

She closed her eyes, and wished so strongly.

Then, memories came-