CHAPTER II

Too late

          “Don’t you wanna go to school with me?” Sooyoung sat on Jessica’s bed while munching onto the muffins she’s having and watching her pack her stuff in her luggage.
 

          “As much as I don’t want to but you know that it is the best business school in our country, right?” Jessica did not even bother to look at Sooyoung as she is busy packing and murmuring to herself about the things that she would bring.
 

          After finishing the muffin in three bites, she got up. “I don’t know what i’ll do in school if you leave,” Sooyoung sighed. She then followed Jessica and backhugged her. “That Hwang would probably beat the out of me if she knew that you wouldn’t be around anymore.”
    

          “I’ll talk to her,” Jessica smiled before facing Sooyoung. “I know she’ll at least follow me.”
    

          “She would not! She’s not scared of anything! Even God!” Sooyoung had her face like she has seen zombies.


          Jessica laughed before giving Sooyoung a tight hug. “Ugh. I will miss you, skeleton Syoung.”
 

          “Yah! I told you not to call me that!”
 

          “But you are skin and bones! I told you to eat more and more!”
 

          Sooyoung pouted.
 

          “You know that I am a glutton but still, I don’t get fat!”
         

          “Fine, fine.” She gave Sooyoung a peck on the cheek. “I shall talk to Tiffany later.”

 

×××××××××
 

          “Why the hell is that girl taking so long..” the brunette was taping her fingers on a table. “I swear to God if this ramen turn cold and you’re still not here...”
 

          “Sorry, i’m late.” The blonde one then sat beside the brunette before taking off the lid of her ramen and stirring it. “Wow, I can’t believe you can make ramen now.”


          “Says the one who almost burned their house because she was just making popcorns.” “Shut up, Miyoung.”
 

          “Do not ing call me that, Sooyeon.”


          “I hate you.”


          “I do too.”
 

          “Good then.”
 

           Tiffany laughed before taking a sip on the soup of her ramen. “I know you need something. What is it?”

 

          “You know me too well, eh?” Jessica wiped her lips and sat up straight. “Well, this is about..”

 

          “That Choi, right?” Tiffany stared outside the glass window. “What about her?”

          “Stay away from her.”

            “Why would I?”
 

          “She hates you so much. You are hurting her already.” Jessica sighs, “She’s hurting and I don’t like to see her hurting.”
 

          “She doesn’t hate me.” Tiffany smiled at the blondie. “She just.. don’t like me because I don’t treat her well.”
 

          “Tiff. Please.”
 

          “Do you like her? Do you love her? Who is she to you?”
 

          Those words made Jessica froze. What is Sooyoung to her? She’s someone who she can probably a bestfriend since they have been friends since freshmen years. Sooyoung for her, is someone who she can be with all day and talk about anything. Sooyoung can also be her pet since the shikshin always follow her around because she said that she admires Jessica for being cool. Sooyoung.. Who is Sooyoung to her? She’s not sure but she is sure of only one thing...
 

          “She’s.. She’s important to me.”
 

          Tiffany shook her head. “Remember someone important to me before too?”
 

          “Tiff, that’s a different story. Please.”
 

          “Different what? Taeyeon ing cheated on me because of you.” Tiffany is now furious. “I try to forget about it many times but everytime I see you, it’s just...”
 

          “Taeyeon and I, that was nothing, Tiff.” Jessica sighed.
 

          “You in Taeyeon in bed, nothing? I doubt.” Tiffany smirked before taking a sip on her lemonade.
 

          “We were drunk the night before. You were in the same party that night.”
 

          “Oh now it’s my fault because I had to leave early? And it’s my fault that you had with Taeyeon even though you know that she’s my girlfriend? And because I wasn’t around? Of all the people, Jessica. Of all the ing people in this world.” Tiffany took a grip on her glass while trying to stay calm.
 

          “I told you many ti—“ Jessica didn’t had a chance to finish what she’s saying.
 

          “That’s enough.” Tiffany stood up from her seat and took her bag. “I think I still can’t forgive you for what you did before even if I try.”
 

          She chuckled to herself.
 

          “And about that Choi, it’s not your business anymore. You’re leaving, right? So I will do whatever you want and you’ll do whatever you want.”
 

          “Tiffany, don’t be like this.”
         

          Tiffany was about to walk away but then, “And, I don’t want to see your face ever again, Jung Sooyeon.”

 

×××××××××


          Days has passed since Jessica left for America. Sooyoung is left in Korea, trying her best to survive in school everyday. She’s actually thankful that Tiffany hasn’t done anything to her ever since Jessica left because she might be dead if Tiffany comes near her again.


          “I am so hungry.” Sooyoung whispered to herself while walking in the hallways of her school.

 

          Yes, she might be a shikshin but she is too sad to eat right now. Before, Jessica woulld give her food early in the morning because she knows that the taller probably forgot to eat breakfast but now, there is no Jessica. No Jessica to give her some snacks before they go to their own subject. No Jessica to give her treats when they are together. No Jessica to eat lunch with her. No Jessica to accompany her to get ice cream after class. No Jessica anymore. It saddens her that the girl just left her like that. She only knew about Jessica leaving days before the flight and she knows she can’t do anything about it anymore because Jessica always told her that she wanted to get into that business school. It’s all too late and she’s probably not that important to Jessica to be an enough reason to make her stay.


          There weren’t that much people yet because it’s still early. Usually, Jessica and her will meet at the bus stop so they can go to school together but today, no more going to school together. No more chitchatting while walking to class.  She placed an arm over her tummy and sighed to herself before making her way to her classroom. She did not have enough sleep as well because she can’t so she studies all night to keep herself busy and forget about her sadness for a while.


          She entered the classroom and luckily, she was the first one to arrive. She walked to her seat and settled her things down. “Hope the cafeteria lady can give me some of their extra bread yesterday.”


          She made her way to the door and she instantly froze on her spot. Out of all the people that she needs to see early in the morning, why Tiffany Hwang? She wanted to turn her back and hide under her table but it is too late. The latter had her smirk already. I wish I can just evaporate, Sooyoung wished while thinking about other ways on how can she vanish into thin air and never see Tiffany Hwang for the rest of her day, or maybe forever.


          “Look who’s super early. Are you that eager to learn, nerd Choi?” Tiffany stepped forward.


          “L-Look, Hwang. I... I am not having a good day so far so please let me off just for today?” Sooyoung pled.
          “Wow, you’re talking back now, huh?” Tiffany’s face changed from a smirking one to a smiling one. Smiling like she doesn’t have all those demons inside her.


          Sooyoung sweared to all of the food saints, it was the first time that she saw Tiffany smile. Like, real smile and not that y smile or smirk that she always had on her face. Sooyoung watched Tiffany come closer to her and she wanted to take a step back but she can’t. She can’t move herself, maybe because of fear. She felt something on her stomach and it’s not her grumbling one.


          “Very good then, Choi. Here, have this.” Tiffany reached for Sooyoung’s hand, took something from her pocket and placed it on the taller’s palm.

 

          Sooyoung cannot believe what she’s seeing in her palm right now. Out of all the people that cold have given these to her. Tiffany Hwang, the school queen who does bullying as her pasttime, has given her something that she never expected her to.
         

 

 

          A ing sandwhich.


          She stared at the sanwich for a minute or so before looking up again at Tiffany who still had that smiling face of hers. “What now?”


          “W-Why are you giving me t-this?” she stuttered.


    “Since it’s so early and you are already in school. I assumed that you haven’t eaten.” Tifanny nodded to herself. “Now get out of my way, nerd.”
 

          “I.. Uhm...” Sooyoung forced her legs to move away so Tiffany can pass the door.
 

          Tiffany walked past her and she silently cursed herself for breathing in while Tiffany is in front of her. She “accidentally” smelled her and so far, it was the best human smell she ever smelled. Of course, the smell of food was an exception.


          “Tiffany...”

 

          She suddenly had this urge to call her name and she doesn’t know why. She doesn’t know why she’s feeling this way right now. Probably just thankful for the food or maybe she just lack sleep that’s why she’s being and thinking like this.
 

         “Hmmm?” Tiffany settled her stuff before looking up at Sooyoung. “And oh, don’t worry. It doesn’t have and poison or anything funny in it. Well, if that’s what you’re thinking.”
 

          "T-Thank you..” she felt shy all of a sudden and just looked at the ground. “F-For this...”
 

          She once again froze when she felt Tiffany walking closer to her. She roamed her eyes on the floor, trying not to do or react like a weird giraffe that she it. She then felt a tap on top of head.
 

          “I can also see dark circles around your eyes so I, again, assumed that you haven’t been sleeping well so go eat that sandwich up before I take it back.” Tiffany, for the nth time, smiled at her before leaving the classroom.
 

          Right at that moment, Sooyoung sweared that she can already cry. She does not know what is happening. Tiffany Hwang. Sanwich. Being kind. Pat on the head.
 

          She was slowly walking to her seat and some students starts coming in the classroom. Is she possessed? Probably not because she still called me names. Maybe she’s sick? But her smile a while ago was so.. I don’t know. Beautiful? She took her seat and place the sandwich on her table. Does she want to eat it? Or keep it?. She checked her phone, expecting some messages from Jessica but she got nothing. She pocketed her phone again and stared at the sandwich. She poked it twice, to check if it’s not a robot sandwich or something. She picked it up and was about to put it insider her bag when she felt her raging stomach again.
 

          “Damn it.” She shook her head before unwraping the sandwich and eating it. “I’m only eating this because I am so hungry already and Jessica would be mad if she knows that i’m not eating like I used to.”

 

 


    Little did she know that someone was and someone would always be watching her.

 

 

    “I’m sorry if I had to be this way..”

 

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________

SUBSCRIBE. READ. COMMENT. BE HAPPY. WAIT FOR THE NEXT UPDATE. <3