Breaking The News

Beautiful In White

A while later, Gap Jin arrived at Jong Kook’s doorstep and knocked. Gap Jin didn’t know what was going on and was curious to know.

 

“ Knock knock knock” Gap Jin knocked.

 

“Coming!” Jong Kook shouted through the door frantically signalling her to hide behind the door.

 

Jong Kook walked up to the door took a deep breath and gave a bright smile as he greeted Gap Jin. He didn’t know how to explain, he wasn’t exactly shy but then again he wasn’t exactly as brave as he was featured in running man.

 

“Jong Kook ah, let’s go with the we you were talking about. Who is the we?” Gap Jin said making a quote sign with his fingers.

 

“Well you know…” Jong Kook stuttered as he tried to recall Gap Jin’s memory. Gap Jin was like older hyung to Jong Kook they shared secrets and problems and even doubts. So Jong Kook had obviously told Gap Jin about his secret crush on Jihyo.

 

“Ouhhhh jinjja congrats Jong Kook ah… does that mean you guys are together now??? Wait why was she at your house? You couldn’t have gone that far so fast have you?” Gap Jin bombarded questions at Jong Kook.

 

“Let’s talk in the car. Ka ja, Jihyo.” As he signalled to Jihyo who was listening behind the door all this while. Hearing that Jong Kook had a secret crush on her for a long time, she wondered why she didn’t confess earlier.

 

Jihyo came out from behind the door and waved at Gap Jin.

 

“Anniyeong~” she bowed slightly and smiled.

 

Gap Jin looked shocked and surprised, after he snapped of he state of shock he went waved and greeted back. He looked stunned by the sudden news. He was happy yet he was worried about how Jong Kook and Jihyo were going to deal with the amount of criticism and hate they were going to receive from the Monday couple shippers. Of course Gary himself wasn’t a problem they knew Gary and Jihyo had not feelings towards each other they were just really good friends and Gary was Jong Kook’s dongsaeng.

 

Gap Jin turns around and signals them to get into the car quickly or they might be seen or late. Jong Kook opens up the car door and puts his hand out to ask Jihyo to enter first as a form of manners. Jong Kook was a gentle-manly guy and that why most girls like him as an idol. After Jihyo enter he slid into the car and put on his seat belt. Gap Jin started driving to the site they were supposed to meet at.

 

After a while they had arrived at the place they were supposed to meet and Jong Kook exited first then Jihyo, Gary and Jaesuk were already there so they saw them together. And their jaws hang wide open almost reaching the floor. They were to flabbergasted to say or ask anything so they just stared.

 

“I’ll explain later, where’s the PD? I need to speak to him.” Jong Kook wondered aloud. And started his search.

 

In the meantime, Jihyo was walking towards Jaesuk and Gary. She was blushing and laughing at how shocked they were.

 

“yah, Jihyo what are you doing in his house, what were you guys doing? Did you go to his house? Why were you there? Waeyo answer me ?” Jaesuk asked half laughing half mindblowned.

 

“How am I supposed to answer you when you ask so many questions at one time? Jong Kook will explain later let’s just say you guys probably didn’t expect it to happen, but please give us your blessings.” Jihyo hinted.

Jong Kook had finally found the PD after what felt like an eternity of searching. He found the PD talking to some of the staff on set, briefing them on what was going to happen on the show, making sure everything was ready and would go smoothly.

“Okay, so I need the cameras and microphones, right there 3 focused on the pool and 8 on the members and Jonghyun.” The PD briefed, as he pointed towards the pool where the members would play their game.

Jong Kook walked over and tapped the PD lightly. “PD, can I speak to you in private, sorry for disrupting your briefing.”

“Okay give me a moment, I’m almost done.” He answered

“Nehh kamsahamida” Jong Kook said as he bowed politely and excused himself to the side to wait for PD

After a while, the PD was done.

“PD ah, me and Jihyo have erm…. Gotten… ermmm …together.” Jong Kook stuttered, suddenly coming clean about their relationship with the PD didn’t seem like a good idea anymore. He wanted to dig a hole and hide inside for a few years.

“Ohhh congratulations, but are you okay with the Monday couple love-line then?” PD asked concerned.

“Since we haven’t announced it to the public, I don’t think it’s a good idea to remove the love-line right, however, I don’t think me and Jihyo are going to announce it anytime soon.” Jong Kook replied.

“Okay, then we might create another love line between you and Jihyo and see how the fans react. If it’s okay, then you can safely announce to the running man fans that you and Jihyo are dating. I don’t know about your music fans though. If all goes well, and if Gary is okay with it, we’ll slowly remove the Monday couple love line, and maybe give Gary another love line. We might even have a love triangle love line. We’ll see how it goes.Don’t worry we’ll whatever we can to support you and Jihyo.” PD explained giving Jong Kook a pat on the back.

“Kamsahamida PD, thank you for being so understanding, I hope this doesn’t affect the rating of the show.” Jong Kook replied

“I’m sure it won’t make that much of a difference. There are as many mc fans as there are spartace fans. But there just wasn’t an actual love line created for both of you.” PD assured.

“Ohhh I see, I didn’t realize there were so many spartace fans, I myself didn’t expect as to become an item.” Jong Kook expressed. His face started to light up as he thought of the fact that his ideal girl was finally his.

“Once again, congratulations! I wish all the best in your relationship, may it remain strong through thick and thin.” PD congratulated.

Jong Kook thanked the PD once again and left the PD to continue with his briefing as he went over to join the rest of the running man members at the site of the opening scene. As he neared where the members were standing, he realized that many of them were sniggering and laughing.

“Yah Kim Jong Kook! You finally had the courage to confess. No more depressed and lonely Jong Kook to keep me awake at night.” Haha laughed loudly, mocking Jong Kook.

“Haha! You’re so dead during the game.” Jong Kook said glaring at Haha jokingly.

“Why didn’t you tell us earlier Jong Kook, I feel so cheated by you.” Jaesuk said going over to Jong Kook faking a angry tone in his voice.

“Aiiiii… he’s too shy hyung…am I right Jong Kook.” his other dongsaeng Gary, joked about.

“Yah Gary, you watch it too…” Jong Kook said patting Gary on the back a little harder than usual.

“Congratulations noona!” Jonghyun congratulated, shaking her hand playfully.

Jonghyun was one of the SHINee boys and he was good friends with Jihyo and the rest of the running man members. Jonghyun was dating Jihyo’s sister, Sekyung. They had already announced to the public that they were dating. Since Jihyo was part of the running man family, Jonghyun often got to socialize and speak to them. Jonghyun got to know the running man members when he was 22, he is 24 now. In the 2 years, he and the member had grown very closely to each other and form unbreakable bonds. He was a guest on the show for this particular episode of running man.

Gary and Haha were Jong Kook’s dongsaengs, he knew they were just joking when they made those remarks. And Haha and Gary also knew that he was just joking around, and his feelings for Jihyo were real. When Jong Kook fell in love, he falls hard.

“ How did you guys know anyways?” Jong Kook wondered.

“Jihyo told us.” Kwangsoo said.

“More like forced it out of me” Jihyo complained.

“Was Kwangsoo the one Jihyo?” Jong Kook asked, as he balled his palms into a fist pretending to get ready to punch Kwangsoo

“Neh!” Jihyo said sticking out her tongue at him

“Yah! Kwangsoo, you better not mess with her or he’ll beat you up.” Suk Jin said.

Everyone laughed at Suk Jin’s joke. Some of them got curious on how they had gotten together so secretly and suddenly without the rest of them knowing. So Jong Kook and Jihyo has told them the whole story before filming had started.

“Members, please get ready, we’re about to start the running man filming.” One of staffs informed the members.

Gary was somehow concerned though, he knew he and Jihyo had no feelings for each other off filming. However he didn’t want the love line he had with Jihyo on running man to negatively affect or potentially ruin Jong Kook and Jihyo’s relationship.

Out of worry and concerned, Gary went up to Jong Kook within 5 minutes of the start of the show and asked “ Hyung, are you comfortable with me and Jihyo having a love line on running man?”

“Gary ah, I wouldn’t say I won’t get jealous, but I trust you enough to believe that you wouldn’t betray me.” Jong Kook said.

“Hyung, we can stop the love line if you want to, I don’t mind.” Gary suggested.

“Thank you for your concern, Gary. I have already spoken to PD, he said if you are okay with it, they will slowly remove Monday couple and put in Spartace, and maybe give you another love line. If not another option would be to have a love triangle love line.” Jong kook answered thanking his dongsaeng sincerely.

Jong Kook felt lucky he had such supportive and caring friends and dongsaengs that cared and worried for him so much. He made a mental note for himself to treat them to a good meal.

“Okay hyung, I’m okay with both. I support you and Jihyo, you two look good together. Please don’t beat me up if a say something that makes you jealous during filming.” Gary joked, pretending to shield himself from Jong Kook.

Jong Kook gave him a friendly nudge in the elbow and laughed along with him.

“Filming starts in 3…2…1” the director shouted. Jong Kook and Gary got into position. And the filming began.

Filming went on quite smoothly and there were no hiccups or delays in the filming. They got off filming on time. As everyone gathered after washing up, Jihyo and Jong Kook got some alone time.

“I’m sorry I couldn’t save you from the catchers just now.” Jong Kook said in a soft gentle voice. His hands pushed back pieces of her fallen hair behind her ear and looked lovingly into her eyes.

“It’s okay oppa, I know you didn’t mean it, and it was just a game anyway.” Jihyo replied assuring him that it was okay.

“ I just wanted to make sure you were fine…” Jong Kook said leaning in closer, wanting so much to capture her lips in his.

Just then, “AHHHHH I DIDN’T SEE WHAT ANYTHING!” obnoxiously and annoyingly shouted on purpose.

Jihyo broke free from Jong Kook’s arms and buried her face in her hands to hide her embarrassment. Jong Kook looked at Jonghyun and laughed.

“Wait till I tell Sekyung about you Kim Jonghyun! Sekyung will murder you for bullying me.” Jihyo exclaimed.

“ AHAHAH Jihyo yah, why does it seem like Sekyung is older than you. So cute huh…” Jong Kook said laughing while looking at Jonghyun.

“Aniyo noona, you can’t do that…” Jonghyun pled, while Jihyo stuck her tongue out at Jonghyun.

Everyone had finished washing up by then. Jong Kook announced that he would be treating them to a good meal at a famous restaurant. All of the running man members were elated and happy that they got to enjoy a good meal after a long, tiring day of filming.

They set off for the dinner destination. Jihyo, Jonghyun and Haha in Jong Kook’s car. Kwangsoo, Gary and Suk Jin in Jaesuk’s car.