~Getting to Work~

My Crazy...Crazier Life
Shin Hye’s POV
 
 
My eyes shot wide open once I heard the awfully loud ringtone of my phone from underneath my pillow. I yawned and looked around for my digital clock before grabbing my phone.
4:30….AM O_O
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
“You look like a zombie.” Yoo Rin exclaimed
“HAH! More like a zombie-panda” Min said upon entering the practice room, “what exactly happened last night, huh? I thought you’d get your beauty sleep since you’d be working with the oh-so-famous-leader, YongHwa.”
I rolled my eyes waving off their questions and unwanted comments. “Are we going to sit here and talk or practice? Actually…let me just go get my coffee.” I said and headed towards the door, “I’ll be back!”
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
Third Person’s POV
 
 
“Thank you!” ShinHye smiled at the worker and took a sip of her Americano coffee.
After buying her coffee, she headed back to the practice room a little bit pissed, a pretty obvious understatement. She was fuming mad!
 
---Before reaching the practice room
 
 Shin Hye’s POV
 
 
“Oh! I’m so sorry” I apologized to the person I bumped into while bowing. I looked up only to see the least person I’d want to see today. He looked at me and smirked, “Watch where you’re going missy, or did you purposefully bumped into me?”
 
I did what most girls would do. Roll my eyes, give him a glare, and scowl at him. Okay, so maybe not ‘most girls’…  
 
“First of all, it’s not only my fault; if you weren’t so busy playing with your phone then you wouldn’t have bumped into me. Second, if that was my intention then I would’ve probably spilled my Americano on you because that’s the only reason I would ever have for ‘purposefully’ bumping in to you.” I smiled upon seeing his blank face and took the chance to flee back to the precious practice room.
---Back to the present time
 
Shin Hye’s POV
 
 
Not even an apology! What kind of person is he!!!! Ugh, I can’t believe I have to work with him all day long.
“ShinHye-ah!! Where have you been?!” Min Hyuk exclaimed
wait. MinHyuk? *sigh* I guess CN Blue’s already here then.
 
It was perfect timing when the door behind me opened and revealed the only other person missing. CN Blue’s egotistical narcissistic leader. I was about to reply when Min interrupted with, “OH why are you two together? So I guess all that ‘I’m gonna go buy coffee’ was just an excuse to meet with him?” She raised an eyebrow. But before even giving me a chance to answer, she kicked me out of the practice room. 
Actually, kicked  me and YongHwa out. Apparently ‘that was the room she’s going to be practicing in with MinHyuk’ and that the the room I’ll be practicing in is right next to theirs. Yippee, note sarcasm.
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
I sat down at one of the chairs and waited for YongHwa. “Should we start with the lyrics?” I asked, trying to get rid of the silence between us. I just wanted to finish this as soon as possible. 
He was typing something in his laptop before handing me a pair of headphones, “I tried putting some stuff together for the melody, why don’t you listen to it first and tell me what you think.” He said quite coldly. Wow.
Even though he didn’t compose much, I have to admit that it was a really nice soothing but catchy melody. Not bad, especially for someone like him. No wonder he's so full of himself. I cleared my throat before giving him my opinion which is the total opposite of what I was thinking. “It needs more work, it also sounds too plain, so add more interesting background music. We’re using different instruments you know, so use that to make the melody more….appealing.”
We worked some more for the next couple of hours until an unwanted sound came out from my stomach. I noticed YongHwa shake his head and leave the room. I then gave the door a glare when it closed and buried my face on my hands for a while, trying to get a hold of myself. How embarrassing!!! Why in the world did that have to happen in front of him. Ughhh.  After a few minutes of getting ‘a hold of myself’ I took the chance to look at the stuff he was working on. Looks like he does have a pretty serious side of him, and these lyrics are good! But he’s still a jerk and that’s final.
I was stuck doing all the work for about half an hour and that made me quite grumpy. But at least he had the decency to come back with food in his hands. Even though it wasn’t my type of food, I guess it would have to do. After our little meal, I was busy organizing our schedule for the next 3 days. Today is Tuesday meaning that we’ve still got tomorrow and Thursday morning to finish our composed song in order to perform in time for the audition. 
 How can they give us so little time to compose a song!! Were our teachers sleeping when they made that decision? I bet they were.
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
“NOOOOOO! That’s all wrong!” I shrieked
 
“I don’t see anything wrong with it. The melody sounds perfectly fine!” my so called partner shot back
 
“Are you deaf or something?! We’re not writing a song about a funeral!”
 
“Very well then, we can also play it on your funeral if you want!”
 
“Not if you die first. By my hands. Right now! You’re melody obviously doesn’t match my lyrics.”
 
“That’s because your lyrics sounds like an amateur made them. Oh wait, you are one”
 
“You jerk! As far as I remember, you only placed second on that composing challenge and who do you think placed first huh?......umm…ME!”
 
“That was just your luck for the day missy. I didn’t know you like to brag so much!”
 
“You are such an egotisti-“ before I could finish my sentence someone had cut me off
 
“Will you two please be quiet? I swear your voices are louder than the drums! We understand that you’re both the main vocals but use it for singing and not for your lovers’ quarrel. Aish” Min complained and walked away with a loud bang, closing the door.
 
“This is your fault.” I hissed. Wait. What did she just say. Lover’s quarrel. WHAAAT.
 
 “Says the one whose voice can be heard from the other side of school” he coolly retorted
 
I bit my lip to suppress any kind of rude words to come out of my mouth. Is he really testing my patience? I blew my bangs, “You know what, you stay on that side of the room and I’ll be on the opposite side” I ended with a sweet smile that clearly speaks I-will-kill-you-if-you-say-anything-else
For hours and I mean HOURS we’ve been working like that. YongHwa in charge of the melody and me, in charge of the lyrics. It was already late at night by the time we finished. 
 
BANG!
 
Ouch. I rubbed my forehead and yawned.
 
I looked around only to see YongHwa pressing buttons on his laptop and obviously trying to suppress his laugh. Aish! Why did I have to fall asleep!
 
I cleared my throat, “I’m leaving first, and I’ll just have to unfortunately see you tomorrow.”
 
“Want me to take you home?”
 
Wait. Don’t we live in the same building? Aigoo! Such bad luck!!!! “Hell no, and I’m sure you don’t even want to.” I replied
 
“You thought I actually wanted to do it? In your dreams sweet princess.” He smirked. “Give me your phone number.” He simply stated after ….WHATTTTTT?
 
“And why in the world would I do such a stupid thing? Or did you already realize that you’ve fallen for me?” I grinned
 
“Will you stop being so delusional, I need to keep you updated with what’s going on and vice versa. Do you really think I’d want your number?”
Grrrr! What a jerk. jerk. jerk. jerk.
 
After ‘unwillingly’ giving him my number and him giving his to me, I headed towards the bus stop. While waiting, I was playing with my phone when it suddenly vibrated. Another message from Min.
 
From: Min 
 
Unnie! I hope the practice went well. Please do me a tiny favor!! I promise I’ll be your bestfriend if you bring my notebook home. You know how much I need it and I took new notes as well from my drum practice today with that cutie. Kekekeke. 
 
 
As soon as I looked up, I saw the bus right in front of me and I was so tempted to just go on it and not go back to the practice room. If not for my guilty conscience. And so I ignored the bus and started walking back into the building. Upon walking through the hall, I had the sudden urge to find out what YongHwa's up to. I found the room we were in earlier and very slowly peeked in.
He wasn’t even in the room. Or maybe I’m just hallucinating. I opened the door a bit wider until I felt a cold chill right behind my neck.
 
Someone whispered “boo.” 
 
And I screamed.
 
And pushed him off of me.
 
And maybe hit him a little bit.
 
It was all for the sake of self defense.
 
He gave me a sharp glare short after and apparently decided to just coolly lean against the wall with his arms crossed. 
“Aren’t you supposed to be at the bus? Or was that just an excuse to spy on me, miss Park Shin Hye?” He inquired, looking smug as ever.
I rolled my eyes in reply and swiftly made my way into the practice room besides ours. It was pitch black and that’s something I hated the most. I scaled across the wall trying to feel for the light switch and successfully found it. Finding the notebook was a piece of cake since Min’s bright yellow notebook was sitting in the middle of the room near the drums. I made my way out into the hall afterwards hoping not to meet him again. But to my great luck, he was there. Looking like he didn’t move at all. I don’t even think he did. He still had his smug face on as he stared at me.
 
Of course I began to feel uneasy. Who wouldn't
 
“I’m leaving. Officially leaving.” I said as I passed him 
 
But then something happened.
 
The lights suddenly went out.
 
--