Departure

My Only One

 


"Your toothbrush?"

"Here."

"Do you need a toothpaste? Of course you do! Here!"

Sooyoung just watched Jessica as she went here and there to prepare her things for her departure tomorrow. Sooyoung smiled when she saw Jessica put a flower vase on her suitcase.

"Hey! I don't need that, do I?" Sooyoung went to Jessica and held her, stopping her from putting their whole house inside her luggage.

"Look, why are you so frantic?" Sooyoung looked intently to her eyes. Jessica who was mesmerized by her lover’s eyes, got tongued tied for a moment.

“Huh?” Jessica asked dumbfounded.

“Look, I’ll just be gone for a couple of days. I’m not going in a camp. I’m going to settle things. Okay?” Sooyoung explained very carefully what really her intention is.

“I know that. But you can’t take away the worries I feel.” Jessica looked straight to her eyes. Sooyoung’s heart broke seeing her girlfriend in distraught.

“Do you trust me?” Sooyoung said in a serious tone. Jessica immediately looked to her and nodded without uncertainty.

“Then trust me.”

“I trust you. Always remember that. But there are people around us that cannot be trusted.” Jessica let go of her and went to their balcony. Sooyoung followed her and hugged her behind.

“Just trust me.” Sooyoung then held her tightly.

“Is trusting you enough?” Jessica’s words came out harsh and it made Sooyoung let go of the hug. She was frustrated. Why can’t she trust me? She thought.

“Please, babe, I’m sorry okay? I’m just… It’s just that…” Sooyoung shushed her.

“Look at me, and know that everything will be alright.” With that, Sooyoung sealed her promise with a reassuring kiss and it made Jessica felt secured that moment.

Jessica still can’t believe that Sooyoung will be with Tiffany alone, for a couple of days. She know that Tiffany won’t let this opportunity pass by and do nothing. She know her cousin. And knowing that she has something to use that might destroy their relationship, scares her the most.

“I love you.” Jessica said and hugged her tightly.

“I know, and I love you, too.” Sooyoung then hugged her back.

 

THE NEXT DAY

 

“Hey, don’t give me that look.” Sooyoung went to her girlfriend and held her. Jessica drove Sooyoung at the airport but didn’t thought that she would feel this way.

“Just a couple of days. Ne?” Sooyoung said and kissed her in her forehead.

“Ne, just a couple of days.” Jessica hugged her.

“I’ll miss you.” Sooyoung hugged her back.

“Always call me, arraseo? Tell me if there’s something wrong, okay? Jessica looked intently to her eyes.

“I will.” With that, Sooyoung gave her a sweet kiss and went straight to take her flight.

***

“Good Morning, Ms. Choi.” Seohyun greeted her boss and smiled.

“Seohyun-ah?! What are you doing here?!” Sooyoung almost fell back in shock to see her assistant beside her.

“W-wah! I thought it would just be me and Tiffany?” Sooyoung asked.

“Well, I have a feeling that I have to do something, I talked to your father and convinced him to let me help you run the project.” Seohyun smiled.

“Jinjja?! Wah! Seohyun-ah! Thank you! I owe you a lot.” Sooyoung then hugged Seohyun and cannot be less happy, knowing that it won’t be that awkward having Seohyun with them too.

“Ms. Choi, please act decently, we’re in a public place.” Seohyun demanded.

“Hahaha, sorry. Ara, ara!” Sooyoung felt relieved for the first time. She’s just happy that there’s someone she can rely to for the moment.

“Let’s go, Ms. Choi.” Seohyun said and continued her way inside the plane.

*Sigh

“Ha! Let’s see what will happen?” And by that, Sooyoung followed Seohyun inside and went to sit beside her.