The Meeting

My Only One

Uhm, this happens during the meeting (obviously XD) at chapter 3, only Tiffany's version.

 

 


 

Tiffany is busy typing her report on her laptop when someone entered the room. She looked at her visitor and focused back on typing.

 

"What's up, Hyomin?"

 

Hyomin is Tiffany's co-worker and they treat each other like sisters. Hyomin was 1 year earlier than Tiffany, when she got accepted in this company. Hyomin and Tiffany are very close. They grew working together without any jealousy towards one another. Even though Hyomin was the first one to get hired, Tiffany was the one promoted to become the CEO's right hand.

 

"Tiffany, Ms. Kim is requesting you on her office now." Hyomin sat on a chair available beside Tiffany's desk.

 

Tiffany stopped typing on her laptop and looked at her.

 

"Why?" Tiffany wondered.

 

"No idea."Hyomin shrugged.

 

It took 10 seconds before Tiffany got up, excusing herself from Hyomin, and went to her boss' office.

 

Tiffany knocked the door and waited for her boss to give her a signal to enter.

 

"Come in." And so she entered.

 

"Good Morning Ms. Kim." Tiffany greeted in a formal way and bowed. She observed that her boss is fidgeting.

 

"Good Morning, Tiffany. Actually I got a favor to ask, if that's all right?" She looked at Tiffany with eyes that are begging. It’s really rare to watch such view but Tiffany composed herself and act professionally.

 

"What is it?" Tiffany felt weird just a second.

 

"I need you to attend a meeting at the Choi Corp. You have to discuss this proposal to them and convince them to approve this project. You are to meet a lot of big people in the business world. Can you? Please? It's just that I have to be somewhere else right now. I have a very important business." Tiffany can't believe that she received a big task. She felt more uncomfortable as her hands were sweating more.

 

"Is that okay?" Her boss slowly asked. Tiffany had a good look at her boss before nodding.

 

"Whoo, thank you very much, Tiff. I owe you big time." Her boss dashed to hug Tiffany.

 

"You're welcome, Hyo." Tiffany responded in a wondering state.

 

***

 

Tiffany felt uneasy walking on the hallway of the Choi Corp. Knowing that Jessica and Sooyoung are probably here, definitely added to her uneasiness. She's not ready talk to any of them. She's been experiencing too much hurt. And she's scared she might break down. She got to maintain that strong aura she have on the outside. And the rest would be on her fate.

 

"This way, Ms. Hwang."

 

Tiffany entered the meeting room and immediately took her seat, not wanting to gain much attention.

 

"So, you're the representative of the Kim Enterprise?" Asked by the man two sit far from her.

 

"Yes." She immediately stood up and introduced herself. So much for not gaining much attention, she thought.

 

"I'm here to explain Ms. Kim's project. She had an urgent business. I apologize in her behalf." By that, Tiffany bowed.

 

"It's okay. As long as we get your point, I believe we'll be fine." The man smiled. With this comfortable atmosphere, Tiffany finally felt relaxed.

 

"Can we start now?" Tiffany asked while looking at the board of members. Looks like everyone is here already, she predicted.

 

"We're missing one important person, please wait a little moment. She's my daughter by the way. I'm sorry, this is her first time, I hope you can consider that." The man looked at her.

 

"No, I don't mind." She, then flashed a bright smile.

 

"Am I late?" Finally, the one that they've been waiting for is finally here. Tiffany froze after hearing that voice. Sooyoung came in alongside with her assistant.

 

"Sooyoung, just in time. Take your seat now."

 

"Ne, Appa."

 

"Appa?! So he's Mr. Choi?" Tiffany's voice came out as a faint whisper.

 

"Oh, by the way, Ms. Hwang this is my daughter, Choi Sooyoung. I'm sorry, she's new to this. Sooyoung apologize for making her wait." Sooyoung was equally shocked as Tiffany. What is she doing here? Sooyoung thought.

 

"Sooyoung!" Sooyoung looked at her father.

 

"Yes." Her full attention is in him now.

 

"Did you hear me?" Her father raised his right eyebrow. Scary, Sooyoung thought.

 

"Uh, oh yeah. Sorry for making you wait, Ms. Hwang." Sooyoung bowed.

 

"Just call me Tiffany. I don't mind, you don't have to." Tiffany flashed a reassuring smile. Mr. Choi saw this and thought they look good together. Oh boy, who am I kidding?

 

"Okay, now that we're complete we can start." Mr. Choi said. Sooyoung went to take her seat. Geez, please help me, Sooyoung sighed.

 

***

 

"So you're suggesting we should conduct this project in Jeju?" Mr. Choi asked.

 

"Yes, Sir. Probably, Ms. Kim noticed how the sales, in you branch in Jeju, are decreasing. So, she thought of a way to solve this." Tiffany stood proud answering each of their questions. It amazes everyone. She's young, but has a potential, they thought.

 

"So, who will lead the team?" One of the board asked.

 

"Well, Ms. Kim didn't say anything regarding that matter. I'm sorry, Sir. It's still undecided." Tiffany politely bowed.

 

"Oh, is that so? Let me be the one to choose. I'm sure, Ms. Kim won't mind, right?" Mr. Choi said.

 

...

 

"Well, then it's settled. Ms. Hwang and Sooyoung will fly to Jeju Island to start the project."

 

***

 

"Argh!" Sooyoung groaned while hitting her table inside her office.

 

"How am I gonna say this to Jessica?" Sooyoung continued ranting here and there. She cannot believe she got into a mess.

 

"Real mess. Argh!" Seohyun remained quiet, waiting for her boss to cool off.

 

***

 

Should I consider this as a sign to fight? Is this fate telling me not to give up? Tiffany thought as she went to her apartment. For the rest of the day, she can't stop thinking about how she and Sooyoung will be alone. Maybe, I should win her heart this time? I won't give up anymore. Tiffany thought bravely.

 

"I hope this is fate."

 


Too short? No worries, At the end of March, I will, finally, be free. Hahahaha!

What time is it?

SUMMER TIME! IT'S OUR VACATION!!!