Epilogue

Hung Up

Junmyeon and Jongdae keep driving around in circles in their neighborhood. They were just appointed as patrol officer and they were super excited about it. They even chose the night shift because that is when most of the action happens... right? Well it's been over a month, a freaking whole month, and the only adventurous thing they did was a car chase. It was when Jongdae decided to go 5 kilometers per hour more than the speed limit, but Senior Police Officer Cho was on patrol too and halt them. That moment was a long night for both of them and a lot of reproof from their chief.

Kyuhyun originally is a good and cool person, but when it comes to work, he is stricter than convent nun. So when Sungmin informed him about the call of a missing person, he immediately thought of the two. Without wasting time, Kyuhyun contacted the duo and sent them in their very first "breathtaking" mission.

The two unquestionably accepted it.

 

"Copy sir! He's inside the old abandoned warehouse." Junmyoen professionally replied. "Yes sir. We'll be on our way. No problem sir."

" Wait, who's on the wheel?" Kyuhyun asked.

"Uhm, it's Jongdae sir."

"Tell him this is important, but he is still not allowed to speed. Now go on your way."

 

When they reached the location, a tinge of fear crept in their system. The place was really old and scary, or maybe because it was the headquarter of their "favorite dongsaengs" back then. It reminded them of their bullying past, and made them worried about their reputation. Still, it is their very first mission, and it is very important for them. They brushed away any unwanted and useless thought and went on their way. Once inside, they met Kris and an eventful thing happened.

They left immediately after Kris lost his consciousness to escape responsibility and guilt. They decided to continue their patrol around the neighborhood, but Kyuhyun ordered them to return. Their chief asked them about their mission, and they answered according to what they agreed about. Junmyeon easily turned a blind eye, but it troubled Jongdae.

When they were still in the academy, and doing internship, they heard about a suicidal incident in that the same area. During that time, there was a scandal going on in the station, so that story was never covered on the news. This incident came to Jongdae's mind, which made him do some research.

 

"Yah! What are you doing?" Junmyeon asked while munching on his free doughnut.

"Nothing in particular."

"Are you that desperate?! Yah! If you're going to look for , do it on your personal computer."

"What ?" Kyungsoo butted in.

"Nothing, Junmyeon was just wondering how to hack the system's computer so he could search Chinese ."

"Oh. You don't have to hack the system. I think Yixing gege has a lot of recordings on his phone." Kyungsoo innocently replied then he walk away. More liked skipped his way to Jongin.

 

With a shocked expression, Jongdae faced his colleague to see his reaction. He almost felt bad upon seeing his friend's pathetic face, but when he saw his favorite doughnut on Junmyeon's hand, he dismissed the idea of consolling his friend.

Jongdae continued typing random things on his computer that may help him look for the incident, while Junmyeon sadly finished his treat.

 

"Aha! Found it!"

"Found what?"

"You're not crying anymore?"

"Why would I cry? You're thinking too much Jongdae."

"Yeah, yeah sure. Oh is that Yixing and Sehun over there? Are they... no of course they would not hug."

"Yah! stop trolling me." Junmyeon said but still turned his head to see if Yixing and Sehun was really hugging. "He's not even there."

"Ooh, someone's affected."

"Stop it!"

"Okay. Here look at this police report recorded last year." Jongdae showed what he found on their system's data and silently read the report.

"No way!" Junmyeon and Jongdae shoutded in unison.

 

 

Incident Data

Incident Type: SUICIDE

Address of Occurrence: 4812 LAKE AVE.

Originally Received As: FOUL SMELL,DISTURBING THE NEIGHBORHOOD

Type of Premise: ABANDONED WAREHOUSE

 

Victim Data

Name: HUANG ZI TAO

Race: ASIAN

Date of Birth: MAY 2, 1993

: MALE

Condition: DECEASED

 

Additional Report

 

WE ARRIVED AT THE LOCATION, BUT HAD A HARD TIME LOCATING THE SMELL INSIDE THE WAREHOUSE. WHEN WE WENT OUTSIDE, WE SAW A ROTTING BODY HANGING ON A TREE OUTSIDE AND IMMEDIATELY CALLED THE CRIME SCENE UNIT. THEY DID NOT FOUND ANY FOUL PLAY, AND THUS CONCLUDED AS SUICIDE. IT WAS SUPPORTED BY A NOTE LEFT IN ONE OF HIS POCKETS. THE NOTIFICATION FOR THE FAMILY WAS POSTPONED DUE TO SOME UNFORESEEN OCCURRENCE, SO HIS BODY WAS TAKEN CARE OF THE PATHOLOGIST RESPONSIBLE FOR HIM.

 

End of Report