Pick-up Line Challenge

The Epiphany of Kim Jongin
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

  The next day, I once bumped into Krystal again at the school gates and she was carrying a buttload of things in her arms and at anytime she could topple over and create quite a mess. Luckily, I was there just in time before the top most object was about to fall off and she would lose her balance if I didn't held onto her back and took off a few things from her arms. "Th-thanks," she stuttered and I smiled.

  "Why you're so nervous with me? I thought we were cool," I then reminded her as we both continued walking to the usual hallway. "I'm not, I'm just surprised by your sudden fondness," she shot back at me and I looked at her. I think we've been in this situation before and it happened before all of this happened; it was earlier this year, I think, and I remember she was carrying a few boxes and I was there on my way to the grand hall. I saw her struggling with the boxes and when she saw me, she looked like she was about to call my name to give her a hand but I acted as if I didn't see her and then God sent a walking by junior who offered her some help and the last thing I remembered was Krystal giving me a disappointing look because she knows that I saw her, but didn't bother to help.

  "Well, you should thank me anyways because if it wasn't for me, you would be on the ground picking up your stuff," I pointed out and shoved her side gently, carefully not dropping her stuff. "Whatever, but thanks anyways," she then said as she hiked up the things in her arms. "What are these things for anyways?" I then questioned her. She then sighed and started explaining. "It's something for art class later; the teacher expects us to build a structure of something and my friends told me to bring these stuff because they know I have the best resources," she explained and I tilted my head sideways. "Aren't you being a bit too nice towards your friends?" I then asked her. I dislike how her friends are treating her as if she's their slave and only she gets to break a sweat while the others just fan themselves.

  "No, they'll be buying me peppermint and chocolate frappe later after clubs," she shook her head and explained and claimed to be superior among her friends. "Which reminds me, are you coming to English Club after school?" she then asked me and I nodded profusely at her. "You know I always come-- well, except when it's almost the finals," I then explained and she laughed a little. "I hope you're prepared for today's activity," said Krystal as we stopped in front of her classroom door and handed her stuff back. "You better impress me today," I nodded at her and she nodded at me back as we parted ways and I entered my classroom where I'm cheerfully greeted by Kyungsoo.

  "I saw what happened at the hallway," he cheekily said after I sat down and I cocked an eyebrow at him. "What are you talking about?" I questioned him as I pulled out yesterday's unfinished homework and Kyungsoo scoffed at me. "Don't play dumb, Jongin; I saw you with Krystal earlier and you should thank me for not ing you guys earlier," he pointed out and I doubted him. "Besides, you never told me anything! What is exactly happening between you two?" Kyungsoo asked eagerly as he pulled out one of the chairs and sat in front of me and I guess I should tell him since he is my best friend and I trust him so deadly, I would give up my dancing dream for his infinity cooking. "You know how it started," I then started as Kyungsoo nodded and listened to be carefully. I told him everything from the top; from the day she's acted weirdly at me till yesterday and Kyungsoo was overall amazed. "I knew you two would end up together eventually," he pointed out as he leaned back on his chair.

  "That's the thing, Kyung; we're not together," I then pointed out and he widened his round eyes in disbelief. "But I thought you two liked each other?" Kyungsoo then started flailing with his hands and I shook my head. "Like I told you, I'm trying to make her like me again since she's currently dating Sehun," I reminded him and he looked sad. "I did a great mistake and I'm not willing to give up on her when she almost gave up on me," I then said sadly and frowned at the thought of it. "Well Krystal is right about you being a jerk," Kyungsoo then pointed out and I glared at him. So much of a best friend.

  "Seriously, you're not helping," I pointed out and he shook his head. "I'm telling the truth, if you weren't such an ignorant with her, she would've gone off soft with ya," he explained and my eyes averted to my table. Kyungsoo had a really good point about that and I really loathe if someone brought up the statement th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter