Try Again

The Epiphany of Kim Jongin
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 "I don't see why we shouldn't give it a try?" Krystal said uncertainly with a little smile and her answer literally brought up my hopes up again; I couldn't help but to laugh happily and pull her into an embrace again as I thanked her repeatedly. I then pulled away from her wearing the brightest smile as she just looks at me confusingly and shocked. I then realized my action as I released my grip on her and cleared my throat as I looked at the other way and stood up, trying to avoid this getting awkward.

 "Well, you're free to go now," I said as I held out my hand for her to get up. She exhaled as she reluctantly accepted my hand and I pulled her up happily as I thought to myself that this could be a good start of this new relationship, if I do say so myself. "Before I do, there's some ground rules I would like to propose," she suddenly said as she slid her hand away from me and I cocked an eyebrow at her.

 "Firstly, don't get too clingy on me; remind yourself I'm still with Sehun," she then started and I squinted my eyes at her. "Secondly, don't try to trick me with this; I still don't trust you," she said and I widened my eyes at her. "Why wouldn't you trust me?" I then questioned her, still wondering why she doesn't and she gave me one of her infamous looks.

 "How could I trust you if you ignored me for two years?" she shot back at me and I scratched my head, feeling a bit embarrassed about it. So, it is my fault for ignoring her but I think she did trust me before but not anymore, as you can see. “Okay, but I’m going to make you trust me again,” I then promised her as she nodded a bit.

  “Good luck with that; thirdly, this is your only chance so if you screw then say goodbye to your hopes and dreams,” she warned and I slightly gasped. I failed once, but I’m not going to repeat that again so I better handle this better than a professional. I don’t know whose loss is it if I flunk this one more time because if it were for me, I would probably never love anybody again.

  “I’ll… try and follow those rules,” I then promised her again and she slightly smiled at me before she shoved me out of her way. “You better,” she only said as she walked out of the door and exited the music room. I just stared at the doorway and began thinking again. I really have to make up my mind about my feelings towards her sooner or later and it’s now or never to tell Krystal. When the bell rang, I just realized I just skipped one period of class as I rushed out of the music room and tried to make up an excuse why I didn’t attend class earlier.

  Before I went to my father’s car which has been waiting for me, I looked back and saw Krystal walking alone to the bus stop and I wondered if I could walk by her just to say hi or maybe get into a conversation. And I almost did, too, until Sehun appeared behind her and wrapped both of his arms around her shoulders and lifted her off the ground as their face lit up happily as envy began to grow bigger inside of me.

  They both looked so happy and I know I’ve never felt what they’re feeling at the moment. Krystal then faced Sehun as she hit him on his arm playfully and he suddenly took out one of Krystal’s hairpins and before she could snatch it back, he did a magic trick with it and he switched her hairpin into a cute little charm. Krystal awed at him as he handed it to her and she tucked it inside her pocket as I saw how Sehun looks at her so lovingly.

  And when I thought this could get even more sweeter, Krystal’s expression suddenly stoned as she demanded back her hairpin and Sehun pretended that he lost it and Krystal practically flicked his forehead if he doesn’t keep playing around with her and he finally surrendered and returned back her hairpin as she smiled one of those rare smiles I talked about. She gave him a little hug and I couldn’t bear to watch anymore; I’m getting really envious about them and I need to stop myself before I break down and cry here.

  “Jongin?” I heard my father called me and I saw him standing in front of the driver’s seat door and cocked an eyebrow at me. I hurried and entered the car as my father did and started the engine and drove away from the dulcet couple. I tried to keep them off my mind by dancing all my might back at home in my room and thankfully it did, for a few hours that is.

  The next day, after my father had dropped me off in front of the school gates, I saw Krystal walking inside the gates and I caught up with her. “Hey,” I greeted her casually as she looked at me surprisingly and looked at me from head to toe. “Oh, so you weren’t kidding,” she said and we continued walking side by side.

  “I never said that I did,” I said jokingly and she just gave me a little smile.”Well, I suppose this is a good start,” she then said and I nodded profusely at he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter