Can you hear me? Can you see me?

I'm just a normal witch!

Kahi arranged her clothes in the cupboard before realized her roommate did not follow her suit. She glanced at YeEun but YeEun was busy gazing at her reflection in the mirror.

 

“Is something wrong with your face?” Kahi asked weirdly, looking at YeEun’s face.

 

YeEun put down the mirror and turned to look at Kahi. She eyed her roommate up and down and frowned. Was this girl insane?

 

“Don’t you feel excited at all?” YeEun asked, giving weird look at the rather tomboyish Kahi.

 

Kahi frowned. Should she be? It was just a training, right?

 

“Today is my birthday,” Kahi changed the subject but YeEun rolled her eyes at the words.

 

“Do you know all the girls here are celebrating their birthday, including me,” YeEun told her and Kahi frowned.

 

“Really? I don’t know. Maybe this week’s training is to encourage the magic in those who share the same birthday,” Kahi shrugged it off and went to continue arranging her clothes in the cabinet.

 

“You seriously don’t know about The Legend,” YeEun shook her head.

 

Kahi just ignored YeEun. It was better to finish off her arranging so she could go and find Mr Shindong oppa and ask him to give her more knowledge. She might have the time to swim in the lake if she managed to finish everything quickly. She grinned at the thought and quickened her hands.

 

When she had finally done her work, she turned to look at her roommate, only to find YeEun sleeping. Kahi shrugged and grabbed her MP3 player. She skipped to the door happily, planning to find Mr Shindong oppa.

 

“Mr Shindong oppa!” she called as she looked around the house. The girls were giving her weird look when she entered the wrong rooms and she kept on apologizing all the time.  It made her madder, though. It seemed like he was hiding from her. Maybe he was afraid that she would turn him into a frog.

 

“It was an accident,” she murmured to herself sulkily, remembering what happened during her last training.

 

She entered the kitchen, only to be shooed by the cook. She pursed her lips a bit, already at the brink of giving up. She had spent a lot of time to find him but he refused to meet her. It was too much to accept!

 

“I will turn you into a mosquito,” she decided and nodded seriously.

 

She walked toward the lake, rubbing her hands gleefully, unaware that someone was watching her from the house.

 

“Can’t you see me? You heard my voice just now, weren’t you?” he asked in sorrow before disappeared.

 

Kahi clapped her hands excitedly to see how blue the water was. She looked around, hoping that no one was there before took off her top, revealing her in her bikini top. She made another turning around just to be safe. Then, she took off her shorts, revealing her bikini bottom. Finally, another last turn before she dipped her feet into the water eagerly.

 

“Ooh… so cold…” she gasped but it did not stop her from stepping backward and made a jump into the lake.

 

“So refreshing,” she sighed and swam around the small side of the lake, feeling so happy. She knew the whole week would be busy and tiring so it was better for her to fill her day with fun stuffs first before she follow the boring rules.

 

She rested her arms on the shore and closed her eyes, sighing a bit. Her birthday and she had to spend the time training. Before she knew it, she fell asleep.

 

Blue glow appeared around her, glowing brightly especially at the part in the water. Something surrounded it, creating a small swirl around her. As she sighed, a glimpse of a blue tail appeared from the water before it disappeared. The glow finally went away, along with the swirling water, without disturbing her from her slumber.

 

…………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………….

 

When she walked back to the house, everyone was gathering at the living room. She quickly stood behind YeEun, wondering why everyone was looking excited but at the same time nervous. Her hand was busy drying her wet hair as she looked at Mr Shindong oppa busy talking with the woman talking with Leader earlier.

 

“Hey, what’s up?” she asked YeEun.

 

“Oh…. They are going to announce who The Chosen is,” YeEun whispered back, rather excitedly but tried to control herself.

 

“So, what’s the schedule for tomorrow?” Kahi asked, not even interested about The Chosen.

 

“Stop talking! You are so noisy! I can’t sleep!” the voice came back, roaring this time.

 

Kahi groaned under her breath. It had come back. She looked in front but it seemed like no one heard the voice. She glanced around but saw no one with the painful expression. Maybe she was just dreaming, she thought and nodded, trying to focus her attention to the front.

 

“Can you hear me? Can you really hear me?”

 

She tried to ignore the voice but it was getting irritating. She wanted to listen to what the woman and Mr. Shindong oppa were talking about but the voice was getting louder.

 

“I know you all know about The Legend and all of you are here because your birthday is the same as what in The Book said,” Hwang Bo said before frowned when she noticed the grimace on Kahi’s face. She looked at Shindong but Shindong told her to continue, already used with the playful Kahi.

 

“To be truth, until now we have no idea who The Chosen is. However, we have the way to know who she is. Tomorrow all of you are going to the lake and we will see what happen next,” Hwang Bo said.

 

“You all can prepare for dinner,” Shindong clapped his hands and everyone walked toward the dining room, all except for Kahi and YeEun.

 

“Mr Shindong oppa,” Kahi called, quickly approaching the man and Shindong groaned under his breath.

 

“Yes, Ms. Park?” Hwang Bo frowned at YeEun as the young lady took a rather royal expression.

 

“I am The Chosen One. Why everyone else is called here?” YeEun demanded.

 

Hwang Bo sighed. Since the moment this girl came, she and her guardian already announced to the others that YeEun was The Chosen One, all because they claim that YeEun had shown the characteristics of The Chosen One since baby. Of course everyone else could claim the same thing. Besides, who The Chosen One would be, nobody would know. Only tomorrow, the night of Lady Moon appeared would they all know.

 

“Why it seems like you are avoiding me? I told you again and again that it was an accident,” Kahi cried as she grabbed Shindong’s sleeve to stop him from running again.

 

“I’m not running away from you. I have a lot of works today, Kahi, so why don’t you be a good girl and go have your dinner,” he said desperately.

 

“Today is my birthday. Where is my present?” Kahi demanded.

 

Shindong looked at Hwang Bo but it seemed like his fellow colleague was busy with the annoying girl. He turned back his attention to Kahi and let out a defeated sigh.

 

“I’ll give it to you tomorrow. Now, be a good girl and go have your dinner. Tomorrow we’re going to the lake first thing in the morning so after dinner, go have some rest.”

 

Kahi smiled happily at the thought of her birthday present. She clapped her hands and skipped toward the dining room, leaving a trail of “the water is not that cold. It’s so refreshing so why can’t we go swim now instead?”

 

Shindong blinked his eyes at the words. He looked at Hwang Bo but it seemed like she did not hear it at all. Maybe it was just his imagination, he told himself and walked to the stairs.

 

“Why everyone is ignoring me?” the voice cried in frustration but no one could hear him, none at all.

 

“Who The Chosen One is will be recognized tomorrow so Ms. Park, go have your dinner. We’re going to be busy tomorrow and you don’t want to miss the chance to prove your claim, do you?” Hwang Bo cocked an eyebrow and YeEun pursed her lips sulkily.

 

Hwang Bo let out a heavy sigh when the stubborn girl finally walked toward the dining room. At least she would not be bothered until tomorrow. Hopefully The Chosen One wasn’t her, though or everyone would turn crazy.

 

“Can you hear me? Can you see me?”

 

She turned and walked to the door, planning to escape until tomorrow. Maybe a glass of white wine would make her feel better.

 

“Why everyone is ignoring me?”