Just a normal witch

I'm just a normal witch!

Kahi took off her sling bag and threw it to the floor before shook her head. Frowning, her right hand pulled the small red band from tying her hair off her long hair and shook her head again, letting her hair free. She sat on the floor, rubbing her feet tiredly.

 

“My presents,” she smiled and quickly scrambled back to her feet. Her birthday this year was better than last year. She received more presents and she was happy enough, she could cry. She counted each present with wide smile on her face, pointing to each one of them before pointed at the cupboard right across her side, where boxes of shoes lining next to each other. The new presents, 3 of them were boots flew toward the space, positioning themselves with the others while few small patches hanging in the air, waiting for instruction.

 

Both hands quickly moved, pointing here and there to put everything in place. Then, she stood up, groaning at her painful feet and walked to her bed. She was so exhausted; she could sleep another 100 years.

 

“Kahi, be ready,” someone cried and her eyes widened at the order.

 

She quickly scrambled to her feet to change but the sound from the tin interrupting her movement. She cocked an eyebrow and went to retrieve the tin.

 

“Hey?” she spoke to the tin and quickly placed it to her ear, drawing the curtain open and looked at the man standing at the window of the opposite house.

 

“Have plan tonight?” Yesung asked, resting on the edge of the bed, still clear to her sight as his bed was right at the window.

 

“Maybe. Why?” she cocked an eyebrow at him before added, “Don’t tell me she cancels the date again.”

 

He shrugged and grinned. She shook her head. She was a bit puzzled with his relationship with his girlfriend. Shouldn’t boyfriend and girlfriend always have date together? Why it seemed like Uee keeps cancelling their dates?

 

“Kahi, are you ready yet?” her elder brother asked, standing at the door with her hands resting on her hips.

 

Kahi turned and made a salute to her brother before turned to Vic. “Hey, man. Sorry. I’ve got to go. See you later,” she made a shooting gesture before drew the curtain close.

 

“Pack for a week,” her brother, Sungmin reminded before walked out from the room.

 

Kahi blew out a sigh. The happiness drained from her body when she finally remembered why she had to pack for a week. She knew she was a witch, she was born a witch since young, especially with Sungmin, her elder brother kept on reminding her not to use her power in public and not letting anyone knew about their secret. However, now, she had to undergo a week of training which Sungmin pointed out rather proudly, did not have to go. Why she had to go alone? Why no one in the family ever mentioned about this to her when she agreed to continue their legacy? Two years ago, they had a ceremony for her, exactly on her birthday but this year they said she had to go again.

 

She opened the lower drawer and took out a bag. Then, she started to put some clothes into the bag, for exactly a week. Even though she was wondering why she had to spend her birthday away but she shrugged it off. Better to do whatever her family wanted rather than breaking her head thinking over this. Besides, she had no doubt she would receive more power now as she had reached another year older.

 

“Kahi! Oh, there you are. Are you ready yet?” her mother, Serena asked, already holding the car key.

 

“Done. Why I have to go?” she asked, holding her bag in one hand while another holding her mobile phone, checking the message in the inbox.

 

“Don’t question and just do what I tell you. Do you bring your shower cap?” Serena asked, looking at her watch and scowled.

 

“Mom, just a week, right?” Kahi asked, still busy typing in her mobile phone, replying all the messages.

 

“Yes, a week. Where is your brother?” Selena asked while walking to the door.

 

“I’m here,” Sungmin announced, walking toward the door as he arranged his sunglasses.

 

“Let’s go, then. I don’t want to arrive there late at night,” Serena ordered and herded both children toward the door, in fact, pulling her younger daughter to follow her by her shirt.

 

“Hey, Kahi!”

 

Three of them turned toward the next house. Kahi waved at her best friend, Yesung while Yesung put down the guitar he was playing.

 

“Tonight?” he asked, scratching his head and his ear.

 

“Naa. Suddenly I have something to do. I’ll see you in a week. Bye!” Kahi waved using her mobile phone before turned back her attention on replying the messages, letting her mother pushed her into the car.

 

She pulled the safety belt with one hand but her eyes were still on her mobile phone. She grinned as she took a picture with it before furiously punching the buttons on her mobile.

 

“How many friends do you have, anyway? You always busy with that thing,” Sungmin asked questioningly, trying to take the phone from his sister’s hand.

 

“Facebook... Friendster... Myspace... Bebo...” her little sister replied as she busily replying the birthday wish from her friends.

 

Serena started the engine and reversed the car. She glanced at her children, especially her youngest child and sighed. Could Fate turn more complicated than this? Who could guess the one person mention in their Holy Book was her own little baby?

 

“No, it can’t be. They will say that my baby is normal, just a normal witch,” she nodded to herself.

 

“Mom, when am I going to blow my birthday cake?” Kahi asked suddenly, finally keeping her mobile phone into the pocket of her jeans and looked at her mother expectedly.

 

“Haven’t you celebrated with your best friends?” Sungmin asked as he looked at his MP3 player, choosing a song to be played.

 

“Friends and family are two different things. Of course I have celebrated with them but I’m waiting for a celebration with my family,” Kahi explained with a serious nod.

 

Sungmin laughed. Serena did not say anything, just trying to focus on driving while at the same time trying to deny that her flesh and blood was the legend in the Holy Book. Her little daughter could not be more than a simple and normal witch, could she?

 

“She is normal. She is normal,” Serena chanted, trying to believe her own words.

 

“Who is normal, mom?” Sungmin asked his mother curiously while Kahi frowned at her ringing phone.

 

“Hello, Kyuhyun?” Kahi leaned further away from her sister’s hearing, not wanting anyone to listen.

 

“Nothing, just nothing,” Serena replied, giving a false smile at her daughter.

 

“Hey, birthday girl. How are you doing?” Kyuhyun asked cheerfully.

 

“Nothing. I’m going out with my mom and sister. Maybe for a week. I don’t know.”

 

“A week? Quite a long time for birthday celebration. What about your class?” Kyuhyun questioned.

 

Kahi looked at her mother, Serena before at her brother, Sungmin. Maybe they forgot about her classes. Would she end up being expelled, then?

 

“You’ll take care of my notes, can you?” she whispered, trying not to let any of her family members remember about her classes.

 

“Err... sure. Do you want me to sign your attendance too?” he asked laughingly, treating it as a joke.

 

“Can you?” she asked hopingly before added, “do you know my signature?”

 

The laughter stopped and Kyuhyun gulped nervously, “You’re not joking, are you?”

 

“Of course not, stupid. You’re the one who volunteer,” she hissed before glanced at her brother, worried that Sungmin could hear her words.

 

Sungmin cocked an eye at her little sister but did not say anything. Kahi covered her phone and turned even further, as further as she could.

 

“It’s just a joke,” he argued.

 

“I don’t care. You better help me,” she hissed before added, “I’ve got to go. Bye.”

 

“Is there any problem?”

 

Kahi looked at her brother and gulped. Then, she shook her head quickly, making Sungmin even suspicious. “Kahi?”

 

“No. Nothing is wrong. Nothing at all. Who says there’s a problem?” Kahi choked out, eyes widening to see Sungmin’s fingers started to wiggle and circle around. “M... mom, is there any rule about using power in the car?”

 

“Sungmin, are you bullying your sister?” Serena asked, looked at her children through the rearview mirror.

 

“I’m not bullying her,” he denied, giving angelic look at his mother, thankful to have a youthful face compared to his little sister who looked older than him. He grinned at his own thought.

 

Serena sighed heavily. Having a set of children sometimes could be the death of her. They always fought and argued since young. It was a wonder none of them cursed each other into a frog or a cockroach. Luckily she remembered to lock their power when they were young until they reached their puberty.

 

“Then, why were you wiggling your fingers like that?” Kahi pointed at Sungmin’s hand.

 

“I’m itchy,” he replied and proceeded to dig and wiggle into his nose with one finger and threw whatever he managed to get toward his sister.

 

“Mom!”

 

Serena sighed heavily. For once she hoped to have all boys as her children. Having a daughter was really a hard work, not to mention the dreadful moment she had to face when Kahi started to get her period. Of course Sungmin made it worse by telling his little sister that a worm had managed to get stuck in her stomach and ate everything up. She remembered finding her crying daughter flipping the curse book, asking her about the spell to kill the worm in her stomach.

 

If she had all boys, she would not end up dreading to face the possibility that her baby was the Legend in the book.

 

*********************************************************

 

comment, anyone? this is my first time writing using all Korean stars. some of the casts chosen because i think they look good in the characters :D i think in real life kahi is older than sungmin but in my story, she is the youngest child.