VII.

First to be the Last

It was another uneventful day in school for Jonghyun as he was now heading towards the cafeteria to grab some lunch together with his Onew-hyung.

The halls are mostly deserted as everyone rushed for their food in the canteen. No one was almost around except two students talking in front of a classroom.

Jonghyun is not someone who usually eavesdrops especially to people who don’t even know but the ruckus the two students were causing didn’t slip the older’s ear.

“Yeah, that’s him.” The taller of the two whispered as he glanced cautiously inside the classroom behind them. The shorter male grimace as he turned back towards the guy he was talking to.

“That’s the ‘Kibum’ kid everyone is talking about?” he asked, skeptic about the information he just got. Jonghyun was currently hiding behind a wall close enough for him to hear the gossip the two students are talking.

“He seems pretty normal for me.” Jonghyun heard the shorter one stated, glancing one more time inside the classroom.

“Well, he does but when he comes there every night, you’ll gonna be pretty surprise.” The taller amusingly chirped, his eyes glistening with something sickening. It might be amusement but Jonghyun didn’t found it entertaining seeing his eyes sparkle with something near lust.

“He sleeps with anyone.” That statement caught Jonghyun off guard. The boy they were talking sleeps with anyone? Could a high school student like them do that?

Ok, his not innocent, he’ll admit that but he never sleeps with anyone. Except that person is his lover or something related to that. That statement triggered his curiosity. As the two guys walked down the halls Jonghyun found himself occupying their previous spot.

Carefully stepping closer, he cautiously glanced inside and scans the empty classroom. Seconds later, his eyes landed on something or rather someone attractive.

Inside the empty classroom sat a lone person in the chair in the back most part of the room near the window. He was eating his lunch, occasionally glancing outside while chewing his food.

He has porcelain skin, bow shaped lips and a very attractive feline looking eyes. He is beautiful. Jonghyun couldn’t fathom where he got that compliment from or if complimenting that said boy is considered normal but at that very moment he knows that the boy he was looking at deserves the praise that just role down his lips.

And from then on Kibum took a place somewhere the other’s heart.

 *****

 

Jonghyun was strolling down the halls towards a certain classroom. He knows he should be heading back to the cafeteria but now he found his self in front of the familiar classroom down the halls.

3-A, a name plate was placed in the upper portion of the door frame stating he had arrived to his destination.

He leaned carefully behind the wall beside the door, making sure he won’t get noticed. Food at hand, he started munching as he glanced inside the room and there he found him, Kibum, eating alone his lunch.

Taemin wasn’t there so this is one of those days where the younger decided to eat in the cafeteria and leave Kibum eating alone in this classroom. Jonghyun was still taking bites from his bread while staring at the feline beauty inside the classroom.

He can’t step inside though. Even though how much he wanted to, he just can’t and that pained him somehow.

It’s been two weeks since the last time he was able to be near the younger and he can’t deny he missed to bicker with Kibum. The younger had been a constant part of his day and now that he can’t approach the said boy, he can’t help but feel something missing.

He can’t still put it together though. It is Kibum’s presence he is missing or just the constant bickering they shared but nevertheless he can’t deny he wanted the younger near him and now he’ll settle for the want to feel the warmth Kibum’s body is emitting in a near distance.

Jonghyun was busy thinking; food still at hand that he didn’t noticed the sound the chair created from the room behind him when a certain black haired boy decided to go to the restroom after his lunch. Kibum zipped his bag closed after placing his half done lunch inside before making his way towards the door. He pull his cell phone from his pocket, busy checking if Taemin mailed him which the latter didn’t before he raised his head from his device only to meet the eyes of a certain Dino boy.

“Jo-Jonghyun?” his voice was laced with the surprise he was feeling. His eyes darted from left to right before it focus on the brown orbs of the Dino who was mirroring the look on his eyes before dropping the bread he was eating.

The Dino boy was casually leaning beside the door frame but his posture instantly stiffen as their eyes met, the lunch Kibum had come to realized was already down the floor between them. The shorter male was looking at him for a minute with shock and a little bit of something more the younger had no idea about before he snapped his gazed off him and pushed his self off the wall he was leaning.

‘Umm..”  the older started, eyes on the floor as he brought his hands behind his neck in a nervous manner. The air was thick between them and both of them can’t deny that. The events from two weeks ago replayed almost painfully in front of their eyes.

Kibum feeling a bit nervous while Jonghyun feel guilty and ashamed.

“I think I need to go.” Jonghyun almost whispered, seems he was saying it to his self more than to Kibum but the younger heard it and as he saw the older took a step backward, something inside him stirred. Something from two weeks ago that he started feeling.

“Wait.” Kibum called, arms extended towards the other as he took steps forward only to find his self a feet away Jonghyun and his hands just inches away from the Dino’s arm. Jonghyun did stopped, he turn around and look at the younger with curiosity.

What? The younger can almost hear the older say but he didn’t rather he saw the older’s arms twitched as his eyes glanced towards his hand that is still suspended in the space between them before it landed to his eyes.

Kibum’s brows furrow for a second as he saw the look the older has. His eyes sways from sadness, to disappointment and something Kibum can’t decipher. The older’s hands was stuffed inside his pocket as he continued to stare at the younger who’s hand was still extended to the older. Kibum can’t take his eyes the other’s even he can only see the sadness it emits. He was lost inside it. Those brown pools were intoxicating but then when Kibum heard the older sigh his eyes automatically landed to the pout the older is sporting.

His disappointed about something, Kibum could tell but he can’t tell what it was. the room was silent and they both hear the lunch bell rung and realized this is going towards nothing knowing both of their thoughts don’t connect even for a slightest bit so the younger ended up dropping his hands to his side and look away mumbling something that goes along the line; “Yeah you should…go.”

And after that, all he need is the sound of retreating footsteps to feel something inside him broke the second time.

 

 

A/N

i know i promised to update sooner but mianhe.

anyway heres an update.

no gifs again.

still in a hurry.

kekekekekeke

and oh~

SHINee won Best Music Video and Artist of the Year in Soompi Awards.

YAY! their winning at the time were all least expecting it. :D

Comment?Upvote?Subscribe?

i'm off~