VIII.

First to be the Last

A/N: Ayo people. i know most of you will be fuzzy about where the story left off so long story short, Kibum started to flinch after Jonghyun touched him and he had been ignoring the poor boy Jonghyun is doing the same (confusing ryt) and they bumped into each other and it ddint went well. ok?

 

Onew don’t need the other talk to know something is bothering him. The younger boy in front of him, different from last week, was sighing like it was breathing. It was almost two weeks that Kibum had been acting like he has the world in his shoulders. The younger usually just sits down in the music room every after class ended. At first, Onew was afraid that Jonghyun might just show up and the two of them bump into each other but miraculously the said Dino had never set foot on the room.

A little rustling from the outside somehow caught the older’s attention. Turning towards the door, a shadow was seen behind the wall making the old man smirk in amusement. Another sigh was heard though pulling Onew’s attention away from his new found to the certain feline eyed boy who had just dyed his hair silver, the older had his light brown weeks ago too.

“Kibum.” Onew started, eyes now fixated at the younger who was still pouting since awhile ago. “You should really stop pouting you know.”

To his amusement, the said boy just pouted more after saying he wasn’t. This little feline needs some fun, Onew thought. His bestfriend usually needs a little bit of laughs and snickers and vanilla ice cream to cheer up.

“Hey Bum.”

“Hyung, how many times to I need to tell you I’m not pou-“

“You want some ice cream?” The old man cut the feline mid sentence, flashing a knowing smile towards the new dyed teen. The younger eyed his skeptically. Weighing the pros and cons of the offer he was receiving.

“It’s vanilla.” The older continues. “My treat.”

“I’m on.”

*****

The two students found themselves sitting in an ice cream parlor near the school. There were few big umbrellas with a table and two chairs in either side outside the store so the two settled their selves there, wanting fresh air and more.

“So what’s bothering you?” Onew asked, taking a spoonful of his rocky road before glancing towards Kibum.

“Nothing hyung.”

“I know it’s not “nothing” Kibum” the said boy instantly stopped his actions, obviously taken aback from his hyung’s unusual serious tone. “It’s about Jonghyun right?”

Onew instantly caught the familiar silver hair among the crowd stiffen in the mention of the name, behind them, just a few tables, a certain short silver haired teen was obviously getting anxious for the response.

“Spit it out.” The older pressed, amused of the reaction of the two silver haired teen in front of him, the other just a few tables away.

“It’s just…” Kibum can’t put it into words. This feeling inside of him, how can he put it? he can’t be right? It’s completely impossible to feel that way towards that dino boy. It’s insane.

“Nothing hyung.” He ended up concluding. Sensing the retort his hyung has to offer, he hurriedly cut it off. Saying he don’t want stress while eating his beloved ice cream.

Earning a soft chuckle from Onew, the two finished their treats talking about almost everything except Jonghyun.

“So, you heard about him right?” the sun was starting to set but the two boys has yet to leave. The younger obviously stiffen after the mention of the said event. Slowly placing his emot cut, the third to be exact, he glanced towards Onew.

 “Why on earth would he suddenly fly to Seoul anyway?” It was almost a whisper but the brown haired caught it.

“Maybe because of you?”

*****

Jonghyun’s POV

It’s been two weeks. Two weeks of torture of not being near Kibum. After that encounter we had, I somehow stopped coming to his classroom during lunch completely. I can’t have that conversation with him again right?

Today though, I’m an ice cream parlor near school. I feel like stalking him but who cares, it’s been what I have been doing since two weeks ago. His with Onew-hyung, again. No doubt this chicken maniac often ditches me during break, his spending too much time with Kibum. I haven’t been in the music room for a while for Kibum had been there, with him, all this time.

I sigh. I’m starting to get jealous with my Hyung. Get a hold of yourself Kim Jonghyun.

They were talking about me earlier but Kibum just shrugged it off. I was somehow hurt you know.

“So you heard about him right?” Onew hyung’s voice echoed. It’s somehow hard to catch up what their talking, considering the shop is fairly crowded but somehow I can hear the gasp Kibum let out.

“Why on earth would he suddenly fly to Seoul anyway?” Kibum’s voice was low this time that the anxiety in his voice almost slips out my senses but it did not.

Who are they taking about? Him?

“Maybe because of you?”

“Yah!” Kibum’s not so mild voice startled me even in a fair distance. I can see his blushing even from afar. Why is he blushing for Pete’s sake. I want him to blush only around me, Dammit! I was about to stand up and march over them when suddenly my phone started vibrating. Who’s this person ing?

Hey Jjong, I’m in Seoul. Wanna hang out later?

A small smile finds its way towards my face despite the irritation I was feeling a while ago. My best friend finally arrived at Seoul. He was away since middle school and was studying abroad for a two years now. It’s been a month since I heard the news he’ll be flying back to Korea and decided to continue his studies here. With the issue about Kibum, I completely forgot his arrival.

Maybe it’s a good thing. I can have a little bit of distraction with all this mess I’m in.

Why not, be at my place at 6.

See you Minho.

 

*****

A/N

Forgiveeee meeeeeeeeeeeee~

i know i've been out for like forever. mianheeee~ TT.TT

tumblr_ll34njbpHa1qeew1po1_400.gif

 

but my finals are over now and summer is around the corner so it means more update :3tumblr_mvn5kxOMH51rvvhg3o1_500.gif

so i hope you guys dont hate me for that.

i'll be updating soon so pleeassse~

 

(all these hearts for you)

COMMENT, SUBSCRIBE, or UPVOTE

 

and oh, i love Onkey(too). who ship them too? (and oh, their One fine day narration sumthing. i love it <3)

tumblr_n2p2m8YZHC1s9xnxmo1_500.gif

 

i'm off~