Public Proposal

KyuYoung OneShots

"You and Kyuhyun oppa are always so shy when you're out in public, you know," Tiffany raised an eyebrow as her gaze lifted towards Sooyoung. Nine girls were compiled backstage, hurriedly getting ready for their live performance that they would share with Super Junior. Sooyoung rolled her eyes and smiled while she fixed her hair, "Well, we can't all be as lovey-dovey as you and Donghae, unnie," she laughed lightly. Tiffany blushed, clearly caught off guard, "That's not the point...," she muttered, before both girls joined the rest of their co-stars in preparation to go on stage.

Sooyoung sighed, willing her nerves to calm down. She had done this a thousand times before, and each time she was able to get through a live performance while having fun, because her friends. They all meant the world to her. But tonight, someone else was holding her up. Someone else was driving her heart and soul to do better. Kyuhyun. They had been going out as an official couple for a year now, and Sooyoung loved every minute of their time together. Their outward love wasn't so well expressed among their fans, mostly because both were too shy to make a move in front of so many people, but Sooyoung knew that Kyuhyun loved her. She could tell everytime he told her that he did, everytime he looked into her eyes and everytime he held her hand.

Super Junior had finished their performance before in the next second, Sooyoung heard the MC over the mike, "Please welcome So Nyuh Shi Dae!" And just before she entered the stage, Sooyoung's thoughts lingered on Kyuhyun.

- - - - - - -

Moving one foot in front of the other, Sooyoung took a bow which flawlessly carried out throughout the whole entire group, as the girls bowed in unison. The MC clapped along to audience as So Nyuh Shi Dae scooted to one side of the stage; Super Junior crowded the opposite side. Sooyoung couldn't hear the audience or see anyone else, however. Her eyes and ears were only for Kyuhyun, and as soon as she made eye contact with him he grinned and mouthed, "I love you," to her. Sooyoung giggled and mouthed back "I love you, too", and Tiffany nudged her.

The MC suddenly spoke into the mike, calming down the audience and focusing the attention on the two fabulous groups on stage, "Now aren't we all so lucky to be graced by both Super Junior and So Nyuh Shi Dae today?!" He was answered with a big cheer of the audience. When the cheering calmed down again the MC continued. He noticed that Tiffany and Donghae as well as Jessica and Heechul had ended up together, their hands entwined with the other, and a smirk appeared on the MC's lips, "There's a lot of love going on between the men and women of these two groups, but I see a certain couple is being a little shy today." His eyes flitted between Sooyoung and Kyuhyun.

Sooyoung blushed bright red and Kyuhyun just smiled, his gaze aimed towards the floor. "Aiy, Soo's blushing!" laughed Yuri as she hugged the tall girl. Heechul aimed a slap at the back of Kyuhyun's head, "Be a man, Kyu!" he said. "Ow!" muttered Kyuhyun, as he rubbed the back of his head.


The MC laughed, and turned his attention to Kyuhyun, "I dare Cho Kyuhyun to give Choi Sooyoung a kiss!" His demand was met by a huge cheer from the crowd, laughter from the girls on stage and wolf-whistles from the boys on stage. Sooyoung just smiled as Yuri and Yoona surrounded her, laughing and giggling at the inevitable kiss. Donghae and Heechul were loudly urging Kyuhyun, and even the crowd was chanting, "Kiss Sooyoung! Kiss Sooyoung! Kiss Sooyoung!" 

Kyuhyun and Sooyoung's eyes met once more and he grinned at her in a defeated way, before raising his hands, "All right! All right!" he said, and his words were met with cheers from the audience, SNSD and Super Junior, "But I won't just kiss her," he said, before walking forward towards Sooyoung and taking her hand. "Kyu...?" whispered Sooyoung, her blush visible quite clearly, as well as a tinge of confusion. More than kiss her? What did that mean? Everybody else also seemed to be confused. Of course the guys had a bit more drastic picture in their minds.

Kyuhyun stopped in the middle of the stage and quickly gave his mike to Siwon, who was standing closest to him, and then turned back to Sooyoung. The audience, the MC, SNSD and Super Junior had all calmed down so that it was extremely silent. Kyuhyun dug into his pocket and fished out a tiny black box, before kneeling down in front of Sooyoung. Sooyoung's eyes widened and she gasped, bringing a hand up to her tiny mouth, tears of happiness welling in her large eyes. "Choi Sooyoung," started Kyuhyun as everyone suddenly erupted in cheers, "would you do me the honor of marrying me?" Even the MC was dumbfounded at Kyuhyun's boldness. Sooyoung dropped her hand and nodded, "Yes!" Kyuhyun slipped the ring onto her finger, and rose up to softly place his lips on hers. Whistles surrounded the couple, but they couldn't hear anything beside their own heartbeats.