A Visitor, A Phone Call and Too Much Complacency

Not HANDSOME But PRETTY

 

 

Ricky woke up with someone nudging him with a foot.

 

“Whaa…,” Ricky said groggily, not yet fully awake. “Hyung?"

 

Gun Woo’s deadpan stare greeted Ricky early in the morning. He noticed Gun Woo wearing an apron and Ricky wondered how a piece of clothing could look so out of place on someone.

 

“Ya, get up. Breakfast is ready.”

 

Ricky sluggishly got up and followed Gun Woo to the kitchen while trying to rub the sleep out of his eyes.

 

“Do you always wake up this late?” Gun Woo asked, annoyed. “It’s been the fourth day now.”

 

Wow, time flies really fast.

 

“No,” Ricky replied. He was an idol after all and there were times when he was required to wake up at dawn to rush to schedules and such. “I was up all night listening to your piano.”

 

It’s true. Ricky would listen to GunWoo practice playing the piano every night. He was so amazing that Ricky would fall asleep listening to Gun Woo's piano, especially when he was playing some slow pieces. “You practice hard, hyung. Do you sleep at all?”

 

Gun Woo didn’t say anything but instead settled himself at the table.

 

When Ricky was finally at the table and wide awake, his eyes bulged at the amount of food in front of him.

 

“Whoa!” Ricky exclaimed, looking at Gun Woo in wonder. “Is there a feast or something? This food is enough to feed an army!”

 

“Well, if it’s you who’s eating, I don’t think we need an army to finish these off,” Gun Woo jabbed while serving himself with eggs and bacon. “You finished eight slices of pizza last night.”

 

“Hey! I’m not that greedy!” Ricky protested while reaching for some croissants. “I was just hungry is all.”

 

Gun Woo snorted.

 

Ricky pouted.

 

The doorbell rang.

 

Gun Woo huffed, displeased that he was interrupted with his breakfast, and went to the front door while Ricky continued to savour Gun Woo’s cooking.

 

“Hey, Ra-hyung!” A guy’s voice greeted from the front door. “You haven’t been to the company lately.”

 

“Jae, what do you want?” Came Gun Woo’s annoyed voice. “You’re interrupting my breakfast.”

 

Curious of the identity of the guest, Ricky got up and peered at the front door.

 

He saw a handsome and tall blonde guy, dressed stylishly, talking to Gun Woo whose face openly showed irritation.

 

“Nothing. I just came to check on you…” The new guy faltered when he caught sight of Ricky.

 

He smirked and turned to Gun Woo. “So that’s what’s keeping you busy.”

 

“It’s not what you think,” Gun Woo said, annoyed. “Now get out.”

 

The guy just ignored him and sauntered up to Ricky, grinning.

 

“So you’re the girl that finally caught my hyung’s heart, eh?” He coolly said, grabbing Ricky hand. “Name’s Jaedyn. Self-proclaimed number one player and heartbreaker at your service.”

 

W-What?

 

“He’s just a ert,” Gun Woo said while yanking Ricky’s hand from Jaedyn’s grasp. “Ignore him.”

 

“Ooooooh,” Jaedyn whistled, raising both of his hands up. “Protective.”

 

“I told you it’s not what you think,” Gun Woo said while looking at Ricky. “She’s just a friend.”

 

“Really?” Jaedyn asked, unconvinced. He then grinned and took Ricky’s hand again, winking at him to Ricky’s disgust. “She’s available then? Why don’t you go out with me, cutie?”

 

Is he flirting with me?

 

“Uuhh… No.”

 

“Oh, how regretful!” Jaedyn exclaimed while looking at him mournfully. “Hyung has taken your heart already!”

 

Ricky looked at him, bewildered. Is this guy nuts?!

 

“How else will you be able to reject someone as handsome as me?” Jaedyn continued dramatically.

 

Yup, definitely nuts.

 

Thankfully Gun Woo intervened before Ricky resorted to kicking Jaedyn in the guts. He dragged Jaedyn to the front door, ignoring the protestations coming from the blonde guy.

 

“It just goes to show that she has taste.” Gun Woo said before slamming the door in Jaedyn’s face.

 

When the grumbling finally died down and the sounds of someone descending the stairs disappeared, Ricky turned to Gun Woo seriously which Gun Woo returned with a raised eyebrow.

 

“You’re not my type, hyung.”

 

Gun Woo snorted and ruffled Ricky’s head. “You’re not my type either.”

 

 

______________________________________________________________

 

 

Zelo collapsed on the floor, sweat dripping out from every pore of his body. He tried to even his breath while his heart still thundered on his chest. He heard the other members dropping on the floor also.

 

B.A.P had been practicing for their new comeback and it involved some really heavy dance steps.

 

“Junhong-ah!” A rough voice called out while tossing Zelo a water bottle.

 

“Thanks, hyung,” Zelo murmured before taking large gulps of the fresh, cold water. He wiped the sweat off from his brow as his heart was finally calming down.

 

“What’s up?” Yongguk asked as he settled beside Zelo, also drinking from his own water bottle. “You seem distracted during practice.”

 

Zelo knew why and it involved a certain quirky noona whose smile he could not forget. There’s something about her that seems so familiar. He just couldn’t pinpoint what. His encounter with the older girl kept replaying on his mind.

 

But Zelo didn’t want to reveal that, instead he said, “It was nothing, hyung. Just tired. Sajangnim is really pushing us hard this year. I wonder when we’ll get a vacation.”

 

If Yongguk noticed Zelo lying, he didn’t show it.

 

“Can’t help it,” Yongguk said after taking a swig from his water bottle. “We still got a lot to prove. Competition is tight.”

 

Zelo nodded, fully aware of the rookie groups debuting left and right. They can’t get buried under all those competition.

 

Before he could answer though, he heard his phone ring. Quickly getting up and excusing himself, he thought it was his mother calling, nagging about whether he already took his vitamins or not, but instead he was surprised of the caller ID shown on his phone.

 

“Chunji-hyung?”

 

“Zelo-yah,” Chunji’s voice greeted Zelo.

 

“Ah, hyung, wait. It’s too noisy over here.” Quickly ducking out of the studio, Zelo looked somewhere quiet. The nearest quiet place he could find was beside the company’s vending machine.

 

“What can I do for you, hyung?” Zelo asked, unsure why Chunji called him. He wasn’t particularly close to any of the Teen Top members except for Ricky as they were schoolmates. He wondered what the call was all about.

 

“Zelo-yah, I’m really sorry for calling you,” Chunji apologized and Zelo realized that the older guy’s voice sounded tired. “You must’ve been busy.”

 

“No, it’s alright hyung,” Zelo quickly answered, dismissing immediately the Teen Top member’s concern.

 

“I was just wondering if you have seen or talked to Ricky these past few days,” Chunji started. “Since you two are quite close, I thought that maybe you know his whereabouts.”

 

Ricky was a very good sunbae to Zelo, albeit clumsy and a bit childish. He treats Zelo really well whenever they see each other and especially during school-time when they would hang out together. Zelo didn’t have too many friends at school as well as Ricky as they don’t go to school much, being busy with schedules and their idol-life and such. They would often accompany each other despite being from different year levels. They understood each other the way every idol working hard in the industry would.

 

Zelo still remembered that time when he and Ricky got scolded from being late to class. They were hanging out at the mini market where they ate together when they didn’t notice the time, busy goofing off with each other. Zelo almost chuckled at the memory.

 

However, Zelo was confused by Chunji’s question.

 

Why won’t the Teen Top-sunbaes know where Changhyun-hyung was?

 

“I’m sorry, hyung,” Zelo replied. “But I haven’t been in contact with Ricky-hyung for a while now. I don’t know where he would be…”

 

Hearing Chunji sigh from the other end of the phone, Zelo felt something wrong.

 

“Hyung… is there something wrong?”

 

A pause.

 

“Zelo-yah, you shouldn’t be concerned of this but…” Zelo heard Chunji hesitate. “But since you’re close to Ricky, I might as well tell you.”

 

Zelo listened attentively, wondering what’s going on.

 

“Ricky’s missing.”

 

“Ricky-hyung?” Zelo asked, surprised at the revelation.

 

“Yes,” Chunji clarified and Zelo could tell that the older guy had wanted to tell someone about this. “He’s been missing for days now and we didn’t know where he went. The last time we talked to him was on SNS and he kept saying sorry and that he’ll be back. TopMedia’s in chaos right now and the members are feeling very frustrated, being unable to do anything. Everyone’s been really worried.”

 

Chunji revealed everything in a rush and Zelo was at a loss for words, not fully grasping the whole situation yet.

 

Changhyun-hyung’s really missing?

 

But Chunji wasn’t finished yet. “The members don’t know what to do, me included,” Chunji said helplessly. He then sighed. “I’m sorry for concerning you regarding Ricky’s disappearance, Zelo-yah.”

 

“No, it’s really alright, Chunji-hyung,” Zelo answered quickly, trying to console the Teen Top member. “I’m glad you told me about this. I’m also worried for Ricky-hyung. I’ll contact you as soon as possible if I see or hear from Ricky-hyung.”

 

“Thanks for understanding, Zelo-yah,” Chunji said, sounding relieved. “I should hang up now. You must be busy.”

 

Before Chunji ended the call, Zelo had something to say.

 

“Chunji-hyung… Ricky-hyung always keeps his word. He’ll be back if he says so.”

 

Ricky would always do what he said he would do, a trait that Zelo noticed from his sunbae. He noticed this whenever they hang out, like when Ricky would say that he would treat Zelo and he would or like how Ricky would always be on time like he said he would be. Those were only small things but Zelo was convinced. Changhyun-hyung keeps his word.

 

Zelo heard a pause, then chuckling from the other end.

 

“I can understand a bit now why Ricky would want to get close to you,” Zelo heard Chunji say. “You’re a good dongsaeng, Zelo-yah. Thank you. Goodbye.”

 

“Goodbye…” Zelo heard himself say before the line went dead.

 

Zelo went back to practice deep in thought. He tried not to be distracted so as to not cause trouble to the members and the choreographers.

 

The choreographer was in the middle of teaching them the next step of the dance when they all heard Zelo exclaim.

 

“That’s it!”

 

Heads turned to Zelo but he barely noticed, being too lost in his thoughts.

 

“What’s it, Junhong-ah?”

 

“Ya! Zelo, don’t surprise us like that!”

 

“Zelo?”

 

Zelo paid them no heed. He realized now why he kept thinking of the weird noona, why she seemed so familiar.

 

She reminds me a bit of Changhyun-hyung…

 

Feeling a little bit calm and settled now, Zelo went back to practice, ignoring the older members’ weird looks.

 

 

______________________________________________________________

 

 

Gun Woo rubbed his head, wishing the impending headache that almost seemed to torment him every day now to go away, while studying the scores before him. He was aware of a pair of large eyes on him but he ignored it.

 

“You’re really good at playing the piano, hyung.”

 

He glanced at her at the corner of his eyes and was met with expectant large orbs. He realized that she must be feeling bored as there was no TV or radio or any form of entertainment in his apartment. Gun Woo preferred it that way. He has no time for pointless silliness. He preferred the silence.

 

He trained his eyes back to his scores and grunted.

 

On the corner of his eyes, he saw her shift and cross her arms, emphasizing her already large chest. She needs a bra, Gun Woo idly thought.

 

Apparently, she had been on her pajamas when she had brought him to his house, many nights ago. Gun Woo thought it mysterious but he didn’t ask. It’s not his business.

 

For a while now, Ricky had been wearing Gun Woo’s old clothes without wearing anything underneath. It’s not good at all, especially if the said girl is living with a guy.

 

“Ricky, why do you call me hyung?” He suddenly addressed her, looking away from the pleasant view that she provided him. “Only guys use that.”

 

“I prefer to call you hyung,” Ricky said simply. “I’m more comfortable with it.”

 

The room lapsed into silence.

 

Gun Woo abandoned his scores and turned fully to Ricky. He didn’t know what came over him when he did his next actions.

 

Gun Woo roamed her body with his eyes and he saw Ricky stiffen, looking at him weirdly.

 

“Ricky, are you aware of the position that you have landed yourself in?” Gun Woo nonchalantly asked.

 

“Hhmmm?” Ricky tilted her head. “What do you mean?”

 

“You imposed yourself on a stranger who is a guy that lives alone on his apartment. Aren’t you being too reckless?”

 

“Well, I did save the said guy and he owes me his life,” Ricky answered cheekily, unaffected by Gun Woo’s staring. “Now, he has to repay me.”

 

“What if he repays you with something else?”

 

Ricky stared at him confusedly. “With what?”

 

He kept his eyes on her as he got up and neared her. He could see that she was getting nervous with Gun Woo’s strange behavior.

 

“H-Hyung?”

 

Gun Woo stood in front of her while she regarded him with an unsure expression. Pulling his face up close to her, he momentarily got lost on her eyes. Ricky’s skin was perfect, he realized while smelling the ramyeon, their dinner, on her breath. He smirked.

 

“Ricky, remember this… “

 

He placed his two hands on each side of Ricky, trapping her effectively.

 

“All men are beasts.”

 

Black orbs met his and he was startled at what Ricky said next.

 

“No, I don’t think so. After all, you took me in when you could’ve kicked me out. You’re not a beast, hyung.”

 

Silence descended upon them which Gun Woo’s abrupt loud laugh interrupted. A laugh, he would later realize, that had not graced his mouth for the longest time. His laugh turned to chuckles as Ricky looked at him with a dumbfounded expression.

 

“Don’t be so sure of that, girly,” he smirked. “Many girls had already fallen for these precious good looks. Watch out, you might be next.”

 

Ricky scrunched up her face. “Eeeeewww!”

 

Gun Woo then grabbed the girl’s hand, much to Ricky’s surprise. “Hey!”

 

Ricky yanked her hand back and was surprised to see money on her palm.
 

Gun Woo turned his back to her and started walking to his room. “You’re broke, right?”
 

Gun Woo paused and took a glance at Ricky over his shoulder, smirking. “Buy yourself a bra. I don’t wanna see your s bouncing all over the place.”
 

He chuckled to himself as he entered his room, hearing cries of indignation from Ricky.
 

She’s too complacent.

 

 

______________________________________________________________

 

 

Author's Note:

Yooooooooooo!!! Another chapter!! Yipeeee!!

Sooo, umm, I'm sorry I uploaded this chapter a bit late. It's only a few minutes after the promised Wednesday update though. LOL.

Next chapter will be posted on  Saturday or Sunday. We'll see. 

Please subscribe and comment! See yah!

 

P.S. Did you guys see the pictures/fancams taken during 'Angel Class' Official Fanmeeting?? I almost choked on my laughter!!



 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Ricky looked absolutely FABULOUS!!! <3

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
LJoe pampering the princess:
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
-Pictures and GIF not mine-