Fateful Encounters

Not HANDSOME But PRETTY

 

 

Ricky collapsed on a bench at a park, exhausted.

 

He had been wandering aimlessly for a while now, absolutely dazed and confused. He stared unfocusedly at the people passing by. They were laughing, without a single care in the world, something that absolutely contrasted his current mood. He sighed.

 

What now?

 

He had taken off from the dorm without thinking. He was panicking and all he wanted was to get away from there, to get away from the mirror and to get a breath of fresh air, hoping to calm himself.  The only things he brought with him were his cell phone, a couple of change and Niel’s hoodie to protect himself from the cold wind. He was still on his pajamas under the hoodie.

 

Maybe this is all just a bad dream. Maybe if I wake up, I’ll be back to my old self.

 

Ricky closed his eyes and pinched himself.

 

“OW!” He yelped while rubbing his arm, his eyes still closed.

 

Dear God, I promise to be a good kid from now on. I promise to clean the bathroom without being told to. I promise not to steal any of Niel-hyung’s sweets. I promise not to use Chanhee-hyung’s shaver. I promise to be good to manager-hyung. Please, oh please, just return my precious family jewels…

 

He hesitantly peered at himself with one eye.

 

Nope. I still got ies.

 

“WHY?! WHY IS THIS HAPPENING TO ME???!!” Ricky wailed, desperate. He was conscious of people looking at him weirdly but he didn’t care. They weren’t the ones who just lost their manhood.

 

He collapsed back on the bench when he noticed his phone was ringing. He had been receiving calls from his manager relentlessly for the last hour, probably to inquire where on earth he was, when he decided to just put it on silent mode. This time, however, it was Chunji who was calling.

 

“I can’t talk to him with my voice like this,” Ricky muttered in his distinctly feminine voice.

 

He ended the call and opened the group chat with the members in KakaoTalk. He ignored Chunji’s previous text ragings of “WHERE ARE YOU???” and “I SWEAR THAT IF I SEE YOU, I’LL KILL YOU FOR LEAVING THE DORM LIKE THAT.” Instead, he typed…

 

Ricky: Chanhee-hyung…

Niel: Oh, Changhyun’s here!

Changjo: Changhyun, where have you been??

LJoe: Chanhee has been very annoying with his constant worrying for you…

CAP: Chanhee and manager-hyung’s combined worrying is terrible. *shivers*

Chunji: CHANGYUN, WHERE ON EARTH ARE YOU???

Chunji: BYUNGHUN AND MINSOO-HYUNG, SHUT UP!!!

Chunji: MANAGER-HYUNG IS WORRIED. EVERYONE IS WORRIED. COME BACK TO THE DORM NOW.

Chunji: I SWEAR WHEN YOU COME BACK TO THE DORM, YOU ARE SO GONNA GET IT.

CAP: kekekekekeke

Niel: Whoaaa~ Chanhee-hyung typed so fast just now. CAPS LOCK FOR EMPHASIS!

Changjo: Chanhee-hyung is scary…

 

Ricky giggled, despite himself. It’s always very chaotic in the group chat.

 

Ricky: Hyung… are you trying to convince me to come back? Cuz it’s really not working with all that you just said…

Chunji: IDIOT! Just come back here.

Chunji: On second thought, we’re on our way to the company. Meet us there.

 

Ricky paused, thinking what to say.

 

Ricky: Hyung, I can’t…

Niel: Whyyyyy??

LJoe: ???

Chunji: What do you mean you can’t? Just meet us there.

Chunji: We’re on our way now. Be careful, there might be fangirls.

CAP: You might get . Kekekeke

Niel: Bbbyyyeee! Ppyong!!>3<

 

Ricky sighed and exited the group chat. He looked over himself once more.

 

How on earth am I going to explain this?

 

 

______________________________________________________________

 

 

LJoe sauntered up to the entrance of the company. He was the first one to come out of the van and he promptly ditched his other members to wake the sleepyheads, namely CAP and Niel, up. He chuckled.

 

Chanhee and Jonghyun are so going to have a hard time.

 

He was about to enter the TopMedia building when something caught his attention.

 

“I told you many times already! I work here! Let me in!”

 

A girl wearing clothes several sizes bigger than her was arguing with the currently stationed security guard of TopMedia. The girl was flushed, obviously annoyed at the guard.

 

LJoe’s eyebrows rose high on his forehead when he noticed the clothes she was wearing.

 

Wait, are those Mickey Mouse slippers she’s wearing? And bear-printed pajamas?? Seriously???

 

He began to chuckle to himself, greatly amused.He knows a certain idiot who loves to wear those kinds of slippers and pajamas too.

 

“Miss, I know the people who work here,” the guard said, frustrated. “And you’re not one of them.”

 

 “Oh, come on! Let me in!” The girl pleaded. “I have an appointment!”

 

“What’s going on here?” LJoe decided to interrupt. He could see the girl was getting agitated.

 

“LJoe-hyung?” The girl gasped and whirled around so fast, he’s surprised that she didn’t get a whiplash.

 

LJoe raised an eyebrow. Hyung…?

 

“LJoe-ssi,” the guard acknowledged, relieved and pointed at her. “She’s a fan.”

 

“NO!”

 

LJoe looked at her weirdly. The girl started to fidget.

 

“No, well, what I mean is… uh, y-yes! I am a fan! I mean, I am, uh, an Angel. Y’know, Angel, Teen Top’s fan club name…”

 

The girl began to laugh awkwardly, her face showing that she was at a loss of what to say.

 

He chuckled. This girl is cute! And quite the looker too, slippers and pajamas and all…

 

“Miss, I request you to leave this instant—“

 

“No, it’s alright.” LJoe intervened, smiling. “I’ll take care of this.”

 

The guard frowned and grumbled as he walked away, allowing LJoe to do what he wants.

 

“Do you want an autograph?”

 

The girl looked uncomfortable. “Uhhh, no… Sorry, I didn’t bring an album…”

 

“How about a selca then?”LJoe took out his phone and proceeded to take a selca. The girl got flustered but didn’t resist.

 

“There,” LJoe said, satisfied as he checked the picture. “Now, let’s take a selca with your phone.”

 

“Uh, I don’t have a phone…”

 

 

Really?!

 

What era is this girl living in???

 

“Th-That’s okay,” LJoe said, trying not to sound surprised. “Well, what should I do then?”

 

“It’s okay. I don’t really need anything.”

 

Then, she smiled. It was a beautiful smile, Ljoe noted. A kind of smile that looked sincere and bright. His heartbeat quickened.

 

“Well then, how about this?” Suddenly, he found himself taking off his scarf and putting it around the girl. The girl was surprised as he was at the gesture.

 

The girl looked at him weirdly and he wondered if he was being too flamboyant.

 

“Th-Thanks, I guess…”

 

LJoe smiled brightly, happy at what the girl said.

 

“Oppa! Chunji-oppa!”

 

“Kyaaaaaahhh!!”

 

“Niel-ah! Niel-ah!”

 

LJoe looked at the source of the squealing. The fans had arrived at TopMedia, hoping they could have a glimpse of their idols. They began to swarm the van where the other members were still inside, taking every picture they could. It was starting to make a commotion and the guard immediately went to aid the other Teen Top members so that they could go inside the building without harm.

 

“Where’s LJoe-oppa?”

 

“Oppa! LJoe-oppa!”

 

“I have to go,” LJoe said reluctantly. He actually didn’t want to leave yet but he had no choice. The fans were coming.

 

“Wait!”

 

A hand shot up to grab his arm. He whirled around and, suddenly, he was looking at large, earnest eyes. He felt his heart skip a beat. She really is cute.

 

“Hyung… I-I’m—“

 

“Oppa, who’s that girl?!”

 

The girl immediately let go of his arm. She looked at him, hesitant, then turned to leave. He saw her scurry away and turn behind a building.

 

“Hyung!” A voice called out to him and suddenly he was being pulled inside the TopMedia Building.

 

“Are you alright?”

 

“I’m fine, Jonghyun.”

 

“What were you looking at?”

 

“A girl. A beautiful girl.”

 

LJoe saw Changjo raise his eyebrow but he said nothing to satisfy the younger member’s curiosity.

 

 

As LJoe opened his phone and stared at the selca he earlier took, he idly wondered if the girl was an LJjang. Suprisingly, he found himself hoping immensely that she was.

 

 

______________________________________________________________

 

 

I chickened out.

 

Ricky sighed for probably the millionth time that day as he plopped down on a bench. He was at a mall, trying to avoid the sweltering afternoon heat outside. He didn’t want to add the miseries of his day by needlessly sweating. He loves air-conditioning, thank you very much.

 

I didn’t tell LJoe-hyung. I can’t tell him. He probably won’t even believe me. He’d probably think that I was a delusional crazy fan girl.

 

Ricky grew depressed. Who would even believe his predicament? Who would even believe that he was indeed Ricky? How can he even prove that he was Yu Changhyun?

 

 What happened to him sounds crazy even to his ears!

 

They’d probably dump me on a mental institute.

 

He shivered. He can’t go back to TopMedia and show himself to the Teen Top members looking like this! And if people found out…Imagine the scandal! He’d be the talk of the century! How often is it that a guy was turned into girl? Much less that he was an idol? There’s an image that he needs to uphold and tarnishing Teen Top’s image was something he would never want to do.

 

An idol’s image, as it was, is very fragile. One wrong move and it might turn out to be the end of something that took years of hard work to create.

 

He didn’t want to ruin what they have strived to build all those years.

 

And, in the case that people would actually believe him, they’d think he was a freak. They’d get scared of him and avoid him. Worse, people in white clothes would dissect him and study him. He doesn’t want that!

 

But what about going back home where his family were?

 

Ricky immediately dismissed the thought. His brother would just laugh at him silly and his father would probably faint seeing his son had turned into a girl! His mother though… well, she had always wanted a daughter…

 

Ricky scowled to himself and forced his brain to think.

 

He had to find a way to return back to his old self before he goes back to TopMedia and the members. Without their help.

 

With a heavy heart, Ricky had already decided that he will have to do it on his own. On the back of his mind, he considered telling the members outright what actually happened to him and somehow make them believe his story. But… this is his problem. He can’t burden the others with this predicament. And if he did tell the members, what good can it do then? How can they help, anyway? They know nothing of this situation more than Ricky did.

 

“Gah!” He shouted out, frustrated. He adjusted the scarf around his neck that LJoe gave him.

 

He wrinkled his nose at the memory. He had noticed LJoe looking at him the way he looked at fans and girl group members. It was uncomfortable really. How can the girls like it?

 

He was probably trying to convert me into one of his fans. He always does that. That sly, two-faced little midget… Ummm, never mind that I’m a midget myself. Still…

 

Ricky looked at his reflection from one of the glass walls of a store.

 

But then, I actually look quite pretty if I say so myself…

 

 

Ricky blanched.

 

NO! NO! NO!!! I want to look handsome and cool! I want to have TOP-sunbae’s charms and have the Angels fall for me! I don’t want to be pretty or cute! And I absolutely don’t want to be a girl!

 

He looked forlornly at the floor. Dammit, he’s getting teary-eyed again…

 

“Are you alright?”

 

Ricky looked up and saw a tall guy on a hoodie, wearing a mask. Unruly silver hair that looked like it was not combed was peeking out of his hoodie.

 

Ricky squinted. He looks familiar. Could he be…?

 

“Zelo? What are you—”

 

Ricky didn’t get to finish what he was saying as the guy suddenly covered his mouth in panic. As he saw Zelo’s widened eyes flicker left and right, he immediately understood Zelo’s reaction.

 

Fans. Crazy hormonal fan girls who would rip me into pieces if they ever see their oppa talking to a girl.

 

Referring to himself as a girl left a very bad taste on Ricky’s mouth.

 

“Noona, how did you know it was me? Are you a fan?”

 

I know because I’m Ricky and because we are friends and schoolmates. And I know because you are wearing one of your favourite masks again. But... I can’t tell you that.

 

“I just know and I’m not your fan.”

 

I’m your hyung and sunbae! How dare you assume I’m a fan!!

 

Zelo smiled, flustered. “But, noona, are you alright? You seem you were about to cry moments ago…”

 

Ricky looked up, surprised. He saw genuine concern on the younger one’s eyes.

 

Was Zelo always like this? I think I just saw a new side to Zelo.

 

Somehow touched, he smiled sheepishly at the B.A.P maknae for his somewhat rude attitude to him.

 

“I’m alright. I was just a bit hungry.”

 

Zelo blinked. “Really?”

 

He then took one of the plastic bags he had been carrying and gave it to her.

 

“Noona, you can have this. There’s bread and milk inside.”

 

Ricky gawked at him. This guy…!

 

Tears started to well again around his eyes. He hadn’t eaten since his escapade from the dorm and had not felt hungry because of what had happened. Come to think of it, he was really hungry. Extremely so. He looked at Zelo with a tearful expression, now extremely touched.

 

“Ah! Noona, don’t cry!” Zelo said, panicked. He patted Ricky’s arm awkwardly, trying to calm him down.

 

“I’m okay, Zelo-ssi,” Ricky replied and smiled sincerely, drying his tears quickly with a swipe on his sleeve. Boys shouldn’t cry, after all. “Thanks for this. I’ll repay you somehow.”

 

Ricky abruptly stood up and hurriedly left before he would say something that he shouldn’t.

 

At his quick departure, Zelo was left stunned and wondering who was that strange noona wearing bear-printed pajamas and Mickey Mouse slippers.

 

 

______________________________________________________________

 

Author's Note:

Hey, guys!! So I said in the last chapter that I would release Chapter 3 on Sunday which is tomorrow. However, I don't think I'll be free on that day and since I have nothing much to do right now... I decided to release it early. Yay! :D

So as you can see(read), the fateful encounters are with LJoe and Zelo. They'll play important roles in the future so better watch out.

I also want to bring to your attention that Ricky still refers to himself as a 'he' because he still thinks he is a guy even though he had lost... some parts of the human anatomy that defines being a male. Lol. The other characters however will refer to Ricky as a 'she' since they still don't know that girl!Ricky is indeed Yoo Changhyun. I hope you guys don't get confused with that!

Sooo, umm... I hope you like this chapter. Please do comment so that I'll know what you guys think about it.

Subscribing would be nice also.

In Chapter 4, I'll be introducing a new character and nope, he's not an OC. So you guys better tune in when I release Chapter 4 on Wednesday.

See yah~
 

 

P.S. HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEAR CHANGJO!!! YOU ARE FINALLY LEGAL!!! mwaaaaaaah :*

 

Our dear Changjo is weird, violent and cute.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

But don't underestimate him! He can be immensely y and sizzling hot if he wants to be.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

ME:

 

 

 

 

 

-GIFs not mine and I can't really remember who owns them. Sorry.-

-Teen Top Maknae Appreciation DONE!-