The Devious Fangirl and the Aftereffects

Not HANDSOME But PRETTY

 

 

In a dark, dank room, squeals and giggles could be heard. The sounds echoed creepily throughout the silent and solitary old house.

 

The old big house, once grandiose, showed signs of neglect and abandonment. Its garden, once full of life, was littered with dead leaves and huge overgrown vines. The cat statues that before guarded the large doors of the house intimidatingly were now dirty and sullied. The rooms are filled with furniture covered with white sheets and dust while cobwebs and spiders decorated the ceilings.

 

The room where the sounds are coming from, however, was different from the other mentioned rooms. It was the only room that showed signs of people, actually one person, inhabiting it. The room was heavily curtained with the only light source being the few lit candles scattered about and the glowing screen of the monitor. The computer, probably the only modern thing inside the house, was situated at the center of the room surrounded by piles of suspicious old books and random things.

 

The source of the creepy sounds belonged to the girl in front of the computer, her eyes transfixed as she watched a video being shown by her monitor. She squealed. It was a cut from Teen Top’s first appearance on Weekly Idol.

 

“Now, it’s Ricky’s turn!” Donnie announced, fishing Ricky’s profile with his picture from the set. They were interviewing each Teen Top member based on their profiles released after debut.

 

Everyone wowed at Ricky’s cute picture.

 

The girl, upon seeing the image displayed on the profile, spazzed.

 

Oh.Em.Gee! Ricky, why are you soooo cute?!?!

 

“You’re quite cute! The photo turned out really well.” Donnie complimented.

 

“No! That was an ugly photo!” Ricky protested, embarrassed. Everyone chuckled.

 

Oh, Ricky! Not at all! It’s the cutest pic evar!

 

“You’re specialty is portraying expressions?” Donnie asked as he read Ricky’s profile. Ricky nodded.

 

“So will you show us expressions you’re confident of?”

 

“If you would like to see anything… just tell me.” Ricky said confidently.

 

Oooooh! The obviously Ricky-biased fangirl giggled.

 

“Can we see a bright smile?”

 

“Okay!” He replied readily. She froze, waiting anticipatingly.

 

“1… 2… 3!”

 

ASDFGJKLKASKDL!!! WHY IS HE SO ADORABLE?!?

 

Ricky had smiled widely, aegyoing unconsciously.

 

Everyone laughed, infected by his irresistible smile.

 

“Well then, how about an expression of ‘This is so interesting!’?” Donnie asked, obviously fond of Ricky.

 

“Aha!” Ricky laughed while showing his ‘interested’ look that got everyone laughing as well and which Defconn tried to imitate. “Aha!”

 

AAAHHHH! RICKY!! HE’S TOOO PRECIOUS!! DEFCONN, YOU DO HIM NO JUSTICE!!

 

“How about an expression when the girl you like is in front of you?”

 

“I’ll be in love!” The boy declared, and then proceeded to laugh his quirky laugh. “Aha!”

 

NOOOO!! STOP KILLING ME, ADORABLE BB!!

 

“Looking at Ricky, it’s like spring… or what should I say? He makes others happy?” Donnie said and everybody agreed. “Did you know?”

 

DONNIE, YOU HAVE NEVER BEEN SO RIGHT!

 

To everyone’s surprise, Ricky looked disappointed. “Oh… that’s all?”

 

WHAT? RICKY, DON’T BE DISAPPOINTED. YOU ARE THE CUTEST OF ALL!

 

Donnie immediately protested. “Ya, there are many people who can’t do that! That’s the best praise!”

 

The girl nodded vigorously, thoroughly agreeing. HE’S RIGHT! HE’S RIGHT!

 

Ricky brightened up, shy once again. “Ah, thank you.”

 

The girl melted at Ricky’s smile, a wide grin was plastered on her face as she stared at nothingness. She sat there, dazed, barely conscious of the video ending. The room lapsed into silence.

 

He is just perfect. Everything about him is just precious: his smile, his eyes, his laugh… everything. There wasn’t a time when Ricky failed to make me smile. By him simply existing and being himself, he takes away the loneliness that has been eating me for the longest time.

 

I wanna see him. She sighed. The life of a fangirl…

 

It has been two weeks since she has known Teen Top. She had stumbled on one of their videos as she was searching for modern ways on how to jinx a person. It was purely coincidental actually. Out of curiosity, she had clicked the thumbnail of a video showing a guy with a cute face who, at first, she didn’t know was Ricky. Ever since then, she’s been hooked. The language barrier didn’t deter her. All she needed to do was whip a spell from one of her ancient books and she’d understand the foreign language.

 

She had never seen a group of people as bright as Teen Top, especially Ricky. She could tell he was pure, immensely and deliciously so. People of her kind always get attracted to people like him. There was something about him that draws her in, something that gets her addicted. It was probably his soul. Imagine seeing him up close, she’d probably go crazy.

 

For a moment, she wondered what kind of girls Ricky like. She never did get around searching about it. She quickly opened a tab and typed in the necessary keywords. She immediately opened every link on the first page in new tabs. She then proceeded to the first tab.

 

RICKY: I’m attracted to someone who dresses beautifully. When she wears a long lacy dress? When I get a girlfriend, I want to go to the beach together. Roasting sweet potatoes and swim as well.

 

The girl smiled dreamily and wondered if Ricky likes black lacy dresses like the one that she was currently wearing. Beach? Isn’t that a place too bright and hot? She wrinkled her nose. People of my kind never go to places like those.  She shrugged. Oh well, anything for the cutie bb.

 

She immediately opened the next tab.

 

RICKY: Someone who is innocent and beautiful when she smiles. I hope after we get married, she’ll be able to make breakfast for me.

 

She squealed as she imagined serving Ricky breakfast every morning. I hope he likes frog eyes on burnt toast.  Or maybe horse legs with snake roast? She giggled.

 

Quickly closing the tab, she opened another.

 

RICKY: I like someone who acts cute a lot and someone who will understand me.

 

Oh, I’ll do anything for you Ricky! I am a very understanding person, I swear!

 

She was happily browsing the other articles when…

 

RICKY: My ideal type is Hyomin from T-ara!

 

What?

 

She opened another tab and clicked a video. It was an another cut from Weekly Idol.

 

RICKY: My ideal girl is Suzy-sunbaenim!

 

She frowned as she closed the tab, burrowing her eyebrows. Ricky is quite fickle, isn’t he?

 

She then opened the last tab. It was an allkpop article about Ricky and Soyu? (whoever that is) during the MBC Chuseok special, Wrestling Idol.

 

TEEN TOP’s Ricky confessed that he had feelings for SISTAR’s Soyu.

The two were both guests on the MBC Chuseok special, ‘Wrestling Idol’. When it was time for the girls to have their bouts, Super Junior’s Leeteuk and Shindong asked if any of the male idols wanted to cheer on the girls.

The couple that gained the most attention was Soyu and Ricky. Ricky volunteered himself to cheer for Soyu’s match, and made a poem with the syllables of her name to confess to her. Leeteuk and Shindong said, “This is the birth of an older woman-younger man idol couple.”

 

The girl stiffened, and then began laughing disbelievingly.

 

There’s no way that it could be true, right? Ahahaha, Ricky doesn’t like her, right? It’s just a joke, right? Right? RIGHT???

 

As she continued surfing the articles in a dazed state, an article caught her eye.

 

F(x)’s Victoria and TVXQ’s Changmin are dating?

Earlier today f(x) member Victoria updated her weibo account with a photo that was taken down within minutes. What caught the eyes of fans was that you could see a person’s reflection in the silver spoon on her table. The reflection looked eerily similar to TVXQ member Changmin.

To everyone’s surprise SM Entertainment just released a statement saying, “It’s true that the reflection of the person on the spoon is Changmin, but they were not alone and their staff were present. It’s just the reflection only caught Changmin.”

Comments

Oppa, noooooo! I don’t believe this!! This is all a lie, right? TT.TT

Are they dating? They look good together… I like it.

Victoria, you ! Stay away from my oppa!! You ty !

Oppa, not her! Not her! You were supposed to father my children!!!

They are definitely dating. Well, I suppose it’s bound to happen with them in one company and all, also constantly seeing each other… kekeke.  SM is just making up excuses.

Came for the comment section. Tsk2… these fans are delulus! Haha. They think they have a chance with their oppas. Idols only date other idols or people within the industry, everybody knows that! Who are we fooling? Kekekekeke

 

The girl stared at the monitor, unfeeling.

 

Only one thing resonated in her mind.

 

Idols only date other idols or people within the industry, everybody knows that! Who are we fooling?

 

...

 

… What if Ricky already has a girlfriend?

 

Her blood boiled, her vision blurred. Intense jealousy erupted from her chest.

 

The thought of anyone having him other than herself was… constricting. Suffocating. Enraging. She had never felt something like this before. She had always known that her kind could be possessive but she had never experienced it herself… until now.

 

She grew panicky.

 

This will not do. I have to go there. I have to go to South Korea. Ricky has to be mine. Mine. AND MINE ALONE.

 

Her mind raced. There are a lot of things that need to be done before she can go to South Korea. She can’t just leave immediately. A lot of preparations have to be made. It’ll be months before she’ll see Ricky.

 

What if Ricky will find a girlfriend by then? What if he’ll fall in love? NO! He won’t! He won’t…

 

… unless I make sure of it.

 

She immediately scurried to one of her old books, frantically searching for a page. With a wide, almost maniacal grin, she finally found it.

 

This spell… this will do. With this, Ricky won’t fall in love.

 

She quickly made a magic circle, set up the right candles and took her book. She then stepped inside the magic circle and began chanting the magic spell. Red and black lights began to encircle her, their immense power summoning a storm around her that billows her long black lacy dress. The power grew stronger and stronger and then everything stilled. The spell is done.

 

The girl began to chuckle, relief and assurance that Ricky won’t fall in love with another girl lifted her up. She turned to her walls where posters of six different gorgeous boys can be seen. She particularly concentrated on the largest picture of a boy with a cute face and blue hair. She giggled as she began to caress the picture.

 

No girl can have oppa other than me.

 

Oppa will only be mine.

 

If I can’t have oppa, no girl can.

 

She giggled.

 

Black witches always get what they want. I always get what I want.

 

She giggled again before her face turned serious.

 

Now, to prepare for my arrival in South Korea…

 

 

___________________________________________________________

 

 

“It’s over, finally. I’m beat.”

 

Niel exclaimed as he threw himself immediately on the couch as they entered their dorm. The other members quickly settled on other chairs or, in CAP’s case, the floor.

 

Teen Top had just arrived from their last fan signing event for Miss Right and their promotions for their first album were now officially over.

 

“Too bad we didn’t even win once,” Niel mumbled, referring to their title track.

 

The room went silent. They had worked hard for their recent comeback and had hoped to win at least once on a music program. Sadly, competition was tight and being pitted against Shinee was just too much.

 

The members were brooding when somebody interrupted their musings, “Don’t say that. We did well.”

 

The members looked at Ricky, surprised. He had been silent for a while now; they didn’t expect to see his eyes so defiant. “Our fans did well, despite everything.”

 

CAP chuckled. “Changhyun’s right. We did well. Compared to other groups, we were top competitors with the Shinee-sunbaenims. That fact alone amounts to something, right?”

 

Chunji agreed. “Besides, we already have won previously with Crazy. Other groups had it harder than us. We have to be thankful.”

 

“Yeah, yeah, I get it,” Niel laughed, sitting up and throwing the pillow beside him at Ricky. “We just have to try again and do our best, right?”

 

“Yup!” Ricky grinned. “Like what we always do.”

 

The members chuckled, the previous heavy atmosphere dissipated. However, their moment was interrupted when their manager suddenly barged into their room, carrying their load of fan gifts.

 

“I thought you guys are going to get ready for Chanyong’s birthday party later,” he said, setting the box on the corner. “What time is it starting anyway?”

 

“Six-thirty,” Changjo replied. “We have about…,” his eyes widened. “One hour.”

 

“No way!” Ljoe exclaimed, immediately getting up. “I’ll use the shower first.”

 

“Hey!” Changjo protested, following Ljoe. “I want to shower first!”

 

“Hey Jonghyun,” Chunji called out to Changjo, interrupting him from his race with Ljoe.  “Why don’t you use the other bathroom?”

 

“Oh, right!” Changjo exclaimed and proceeded to the next room while the manager-hyung went to the kitchen to fix some snacks.

 

CAP rolled his eyes, “You’d think they were a bunch of girls.”

 

“You’re not showering, hyung?” Niel inquired CAP.

 

“No need,” CAP smirked. “I always smell good, fresh like I just showered. Girls just dig my natural smell.”

 

Chunji sniffed CAP and wrinkled his nose.

 

“Yeah, sure. Fresh like you just showered with sweat!” Chunji , ever the omma of the group, pulled CAP up to his feet and pushed him to the bathroom. “Bang Minsoo, please take a shower. We don’t want to be smelling your natural body odour all night.”

 

CAP just giggled but followed Chunji’s orders with Niel tailing him. What a kid.

 

Chunji turned to the last person who had been strangely quiet again all this time. “Ricky, what about you?”

 

“Hyung, I don’t think I want to go the party,” Ricky said tiredly. “I don’t really feel well.”

 

“Are you okay?” Chunji asked, concerned. Ricky looked pale.

 

“Don’t worry, I’m just tired,” Ricky replied, not wanting to worry him. “I just really want to sleep.”

 

“Okay then, I don’t think Chanyong will mind much if you’ll not be able to come,” Chunji said. “Though, he’d be a bit disappointed.”

 

“Tell him I’m sorry and that I’ll make it up to him later,” Ricky said, going to the room that he and Chunji shared. “Can you give him my gift? It’s on the table.”

 

“Sure,” Chunji agreed. “I don’t think we’ll be back early. Manager-hyung also will be going home after dropping us at 100%’s dorm. Are you going to manage alone?”

 

“Sure, sure,” Ricky mumbled, entering the room. “I’m just going to sleep.”

 

“Okay then,” Chunji paused. “But don’t sleep on my bed!”

 

Ricky didn’t reply. He changed into his pyjamas and promptly dropped on Chunji’s bed, dozing off immediately.

 

When Teen Top left, Ricky was all alone in the dorm. No one saw the red and black lights that wrapped around his body. No one saw the effect of the spell casted by the black witch as he thrashed on his sheets.

 

No one knew that from then on everything will change.

 

 

____________________________________________________________

 

 

Author's Note:

So guuuysss... what do you think? Do you like it? 

Hmmm? What? I can't hear you~

Why don't you comment below and tell me about it, eh? I would very much enjoy it.

Upvoting and subscribing are much appreciated as well. ;]