3

Reassemble
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Ever since I stepped inside this ballroom, I could feel Kris' gaze on me and I couldn't function normally. Yeah, I should be used to people's gazing at me because I've been going to parties with Kris in the past but I'm not used to Kris looking at me all the time. Even though my boss is trying not to make me uncomfortable, I couldn't ignore Kris, especially when he was just one seat away from me,

"Relax," Sehun whispered to me. 

I tensed when I felt him lean in nearer to me because I felt Kris' gaze burning me.

"I'm sorry Mr Oh but I don't think I can stand this," I whispered back.

I gave a pleading look at Sehun and he seemed to take pity on me. He stoop up and took my hand. On the cornerof my eyes, I could feel Kris' eyes following us as we left for the garden outside.

--

"I told you to just call me Sehun," my boss sighed with a small smile.

I gave him a shrug and said, "I'm sorry, I couldn't think straight in there,"

I widened my eyes when he suddenly hook his arms on my shoulders. He gave my arm a friendly squeeze and he sighed while looking ahead.

"It's understandable," he said.

I chuckled and turned my head to face him. Suddenly, I stopped walking when I realise how close we are to each other, physically. He seemed taken aback with the suddens top as he turn to faceme.

"Oh, ," I thought.

I am so close totouching his face and I could feel his breath on my face. I inched my head backwards to get away but he kept me still. He gave a lopsided smile when he saw how uncomfortable I looked.

"Something wrong?" he asked, looking innocent.

I looked away and answered, "You're kind of too close to me."

That didn't seem to stop him and he dared to lean in closer. Just a bit more and we will be kissing. I swallowed hard and tried to get away but it seems like someone did the job for me because I was yanked away harshly. I was now facing someone's chest and I couldn't properly breathe from the iron grip. However, un between my sharp breaths, I smelled a scent that was really familiar to me.

"Kris," I thought.

"What do you think you're doing?" Kris growled.

I heard Sehun scoff and answer, "Actually, what do you think you're doing?"

"She's mine," Kris said sharply.

I gasped when I heard that. He still had the guts to call me his when he was the one that dumped me for another woman. Anger started to swell in me and I used my hand to push him away from me. Amazingly, I could get away from him. It may be from this hatred I'm feeling for him.

"I'm not yours, Kris," I spat.

Kris averted his glare to me and I felt myself cowerbecause I haven't seen such look from him before. As if realising my fear, Sehun pulled me behind him, acting as a shield between Kris and I.

"She's not yours, Wu," Sehun hissed, "and can't you see that she does not want to see you?"

Kris narrowed his eyes and took a step forward. I widened my eyes and gave Sehun's arm a squeeze. I hate fights and arguments. I don't like the tense atmosphere that surrounds us. And I'm afraid that this might resort to a fight. I tugged on my boss' tuxedo and whispered that we should go.

"No, Sanghae," he said, 'Wu should learn not to treat people like objects."

Sehun was then sent to the ground when Kris threw a punch on his face. I bit back a scream that was threatening to escape my mouth. I looked at Kris with astounded eyes. He was still looking angrily at Sehun. Meanwhile, Sehun just chuckled while wiping blood from his mouth with the back of his hand. He started to stand up and was gettting ready to strike back but I didn't want this to continue anymore. I stepped forward and looked at Sehun, pleading him with my eyes to stop,

That seemed to do the trick. He didn't budge on where he was standing and without further ado, I dragged Sehun away from Kris.

--

I insisted that he comes to my house before he go home because the corner of his mouth started to swell. At first he refused profusedly but I kept insisting until he finally gave up and went in my cozy home. 

I grimace whenever I see him flinch away from the cream I'm applying. the bruise looked scary and even if I just look at it, I feel like I can feel the throbbing pain he is feeling right then.

"I wasn't worth the fight," I remarked, "You shouldn't have stood up for me."

"It doesn't -"

'I feel guilty," I told him, "Your bruise is like a reminder that I got you looking like this."

He smiled softly and I felt my heart skip a beat. Maybe it's just because my face was kind of close to his right then. I swear it's not because of his smile that got me so worked up.

"Let me deal with him next time," I told him, "Kris wouldn't dare hurt-"

A finger was brought to my lips to shush me. I looked at Sehun who was looking at where he placed his finger. I widened my eyes as his eyes travelled from my lips to my eyes. His eyes were hooded and I felt my heart doing some flips inside me. His thumb grazed across my bottom lips while he said soflty, "You're nagging me."

He smiled then he leaned in closer and I instinctively inched my head back.

"You're concern?" he whispered cockily.

I swallowed hard and stammered, "Uh, who wouldn't be right?"

I close my eyes shut as he went towards me without stopping.

"Is he gonna kiss me?" I thought.

"Why do you have your eyes shut so tightly?" he asked from a distance.

I snapped my eyes opened to dinf that he was actually standing up, fixing his clothings. He was smirking down at me, looking amused at my reaction.

"I don't kiss on first dates," he said, "maybe on the second?"

I gaped at him as thoughts ran wildly in my mind. He winked at me and left.

"That was a date?" I whispered to myself.

--

I went to work the next day feeling anxious. I don't know how to act if I see Sehun again. What he said yesterday kept me awake and now I feel the effects of the lack of sleep. When I reached my workroom, Jongdae was already there, sipping his coffee while looking at his screen. When I closed the door, he looked up and smiled.

"Good morning," he greeted.

I greeted back and I sat down on my side. I looked up to see Jongdae still looking at me, as if expecting me to say something.

"What?" I asked, trying to act nonchalant.

He just gave a lopsided smile and shook his head. I let out a sigh of relief when he didn't press any further. I know he told me not to take what Sehun said seriously. But Sehun seemed so sincere or was I just being tricked all over again?

Wait a minute.

Why am I thinking about this too much? Do I like Sehun? I just met the freaking guy days ago! I shook my head. It is just probably because I am still not over Kris so I try to forget and like somebody else.

My train of thoughts were broken when there was a knock on the door. Both Jongdae and I shoot up our heads to see who it was.

"ChenChen, Sanghae," Sehun greeted while nodding his head towards us.

"I told you to stop calling me that!" Jongdae spat.

I felt my mouth twitch when I saw the usual cheery face change to a frown. However, the name that Sehun called Jongdae really sounds familiar but I don't know where and who I heard it from. I mean, I haven't seen Jongdae in my life before. So it is kind of peculiar that I heard his nickname before. Or have I?

"Oh come on,Ch-"

Sehun was interrupted by Jongdae who gave a menacing glare and said, "The name is really childish and I would really appreciate if you stop calling me that. Plus, it gives me goosebumps. It's so eeck."

I chuckled softly when Jongdae was finished.

"You were not this uptight when we were in uni," Sehun muttered.

I looked over to Jongdae and then I had the thought that they might had been university friends. Jongdae just sighed and ignored him.

"How was your sleep, Sanghae?" he asked me.

I smiled and lied, "I slept fine. You?"

"It was marvellous," he said.

I raised my eyebrow because that sounded kind of sarcastic.

"Apart from the pounding pain on my cheekbone, I really did sleep nicely," he said with a cheeky smile.

I flinch when he mentioned about his bruise because it reminds me of yesterday's happenings all over again and it will peak Jongdae's curiosity about what happened yesterday.

"Anyways, I'll see you later during lunch, Sanghae," Sehun said and winked at me.

I gave a forced smile and nod because what's up with the boss? He doesn't know me and yet he acts so interested in me.

Wait.

No, I shouldn't fall for his tricks. I don't want to date another CEO.

"I know I shouldn't pry but what happened yesterday?" Jongdae asked.

I shrugged and smiled a little. I told him the happenings yesterday and when I was done, his face was unreadable.

"Sanghae, be careful, okay?" He said out of a sudden.

"Of what?" I asked, confused.

He just smiled as answer and went back to his work.

--

A month has passed and I was relieved that Sehun didn't ask for a second date because I wasn't ready for a relationship. However, my friendship with Jongdae has improved and I think that he has become a very close friend of mine but Seora is still my best friend, along with her annoying boyfriend. For Sehun, I'm not really sure if it was friendship that was blooming between us but I would like to think it that way.

Every morning, he'll visit my work room and chat with Jongdae and I but Sehun mostly talk to me because Jongdae is too busy ignoring his friend. I'm not really sure how their friendship works. Sometimes, Sehun would bring me some breakfast or just coffee which I think are very sweet and thoughtful of him. I mean he is still the boss. He shouldn't be doing that for me. However, those little gestures are softening and opening my heart for him.  Every lunchtime, Sehun would sometimes invite me for lunch alone or with Jongdae, Kyungsoo and Minseok. Sehun would always tease the three elder for being smaller than him and I would just laugh so loud whenever they bicker until we were almost thrown out of a restaurant once.

Whenever we come back from lunch, my colleagues would stare at us. Especially the females. Even if I am only friend with these four guys and can't really gossip with anyone, I know that every female in Oh Enterprise have crushes on them. Sometimes I wonder why I'm not falling head over heels for them. Well, with the exception of Sehun because I'm not really sure what I feel about him.

Then when it was time to go home, Sehun would sometimes ask me if I wanted to ride with him but I always refused because there's this little feeling in me that just doesn't trust him, no matter how nice he appears to be.

On a Saturday, I was woken up by the vibration of my phone and I groggily took it. I answered my phone with my voice still thick with sleep.

"You're still asleep at 11am?" a very familiar voice said as a greeting.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter