1

Reassemble
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Math tells us three of the saddest love stories. Parallel lines; which were never meant to meet, asymptotes; which can get closer and closer, but will never be together and tangent lines; which had one chance to meet, and then parted forever” - hokaidos

Sehun made many mistakes in the past and he realised that it kind of affected whatever was held in the future for him. When he was in university, he was in love with his best friend but he realised that the relationship was just like a tangent line- they did had a relationship but it never worked so they parted. And when he was starting out as a rookie employee, he started to have feelings for a colleague but then he realised that they’ll never work because Sehun would have never guessed that the woman he started to like could never give her heart to a man. So it was kind of like an asymptote relationship. After a while, he tried again. As they say, third time’s the charm. He never knew he could fall for his boss but he did. However, no matter how closer they could get, their paths can never cross. They were too different to make their heart as one so it was a parallel relationship. It was heart breaking but Sehun was used to rejection so he didn’t really dwell on it. However, the pain he felt wasn’t something he was used to.

Eventually, years after, he forgot about those relationships he had and focused on his work. Before he knew it, he became a CEO of a business company. He was thankful that he had something to distract himself from trying to find another woman. Sure, there were women that would flirt with him but his interest in ever finding a girl he could spend the rest of his life with decreased. He gave up and decided that he couldn’t be bothered.

--

I, Kang Sanghae, took in a deep breath before entering the Oh Enterprise building. I opened the door and the cool air from the air conditioning greeted my face. I widened my eyes before blinking them back to normal. Taking in another shaky breath, I walked towards the lift for my job interview. This interview meant everything to me because the Oh Enterprise was one of the well known companies in the country and I heard that the pay is great. I also couldn’t help but hear that the CEO is one of the most handsome bosses anyone could ever meet. I scoffed at the idea because CEOs are usually around middle aged and I gave a face of even thinking of having an interest towards another CEO.

When I reached my floor, many were already sitting on the benches outside the interview room. As I scanned the room, I felt totally small from the crowd of professional looking people. I suddenly thought what I was even doing there but I shrugged the thought because I need this job. This could be my big break and I shudder at the thought of being jobless.

“Stupid guy,” I muttered under her breath.

I was talking about my ex-boyfriend who was my boss from my previous company. I willingly quitted because I couldn’t take the sight of my boss being with another woman. I was actually hesitant to quit my previous job because I was in one of the well-known companies in my country too. In fact, I was in a company that is in a fierce competition with the Oh Enterprise.

I was busy looking down at my mobile phone when everything became eerily silent. Curious, I looked up to see a guy who probably looks a little bit older than me. 2 to 4 years, give or take. He had an expression that was unreadable and he never once gave a glance towards the interviewees. He continued to walk with a jaunty aura with two people walking with him at his sides. They took a turn and went inside the room where I will be going to be in about less than an hour. I took in a sharp breath because it couldn’t be that the guy I just saw was the CEO because we only had a small . I shook my head in disbelief because the fact that the most famous business companies were owned by young men was a surprise to me.

Turning back to my phone, I texted my friend that I was about to go in the interview room and I was about to shut my phone when I received a call from my best friend. She gave words of encouragement and asked where I was actually applying but I didn’t bother to say it because I didn’t want her and her best friend’s boyfriend stalking me to the building.

“Good luck!” my friend exclaimed.

“Thanks,” I said gratefully, “I’ll see you later, Seora.”

--

“Who’s next?” Sehun asked while looking at a resume in his hands.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter