Chapter 2

Blinded but Loved [HIATUS]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

When I gained consciousness, it was all dark, I couldn’t see a think. I started panicking, I could hear a beeping sound, which was gaining its speed. I felt people shuffling and pulling me backwards. I felt them inject me something and soon all I felt was darkness.

I woke up again the next day, this time I kept my calm. I tried to take off the blind that was on my eye but I couldn’t even pick up my hand. I felt like all parts of my body was not responding to me. Am I paralysed? That was what I was thinking when I heard the door open. That person came near me and just sat down next to me but another person entered too.

“Oh! You’re awake? How are you feeling?” that person said.

I tried to answer but all I could do was croak.

“Ah here have some water.” The second person said and brought a glass to my lips and helped me.

“Thank you.” I said hoarsely.

“No worries, I’m the Doctor in charge Dr. Lee. Hope we get along well.” The second person introduced himself but the first person still kept quiet and didn’t utter a word.

I turned my head towards the person next to me but he still didn’t say a thing so the Doctor said “Ah, he is the one that reported the accident.”

“Ah, chincha! Khamsamida.” I said bowing my head.

That person didn’t say a thing, so I asked no one in particular “Where are my family?”

Now, both of them were quiet, this didn’t seem promising at all. But I still kept my hope high, maybe they are in critical condition and still alive. That was what I was hoping for. After a long pause the doctor cleared his throat but still didn’t say a thing.

“I’m sorry but the others didn’t survive.” The first person said, speaking out for the first time.

I knew I was hoping for too much. No wonder Oppa said not to go in the car again. Oppa must have seen them cause all I could see was blurred out. Oppa wae? You promised to stay with me forever. I was getting frustrated as the time passed by. My tears seem to have started but the Doctor was shouting something in a panic voice. I couldn’t hear it though, I was too lost in my own world.

“Sedate her! It’s opening up the wounds. The blood is coming out!” was the last thing I heard before I out again.

This time I woke up, I heard many people in the room. I made a movement to sit, the whole room went quiet and I could feel their stare, this made me uncomfortable.

“Yah! Stop staring at her, she’s feeling uncomfortable.” A woman shouted. This broke their trance and continued their work.

“Mianhe, how are you feeling? Do you need anything?” that women said. “Oh, I forgot to introduce myself. I’m your personal nurse.”

“Ah, khamsamida but can I ask you where am i? Am I not in my room?” I asked confused.

“Oh, we brought you here to check on your eye and change the bandage. It seems when you cried the wound opened up and it started to bleed.” She informed me.

“Ah, so I’m really blind now.” I stated.

“Ah! Didn’t the Doctor inform you about it yet? Didn’t he tell you anything? I’m so dead.” The nurse said nervously.

“Don’t worry, I guessed it as much plus before he had the chance my eyes started bleeding.” I said trying to comfort her.

“Oh I see, anyway I’ll be taking you back to your room okay. Dongho, help me shift her to the wheel chair.” The nurse said.

Right after I felt myself being carried by somebody and put in a wheel chair. I bowed my head as thank you but I don’t know if I did it the right direction. I have to start using my other sense, since I can’t rely on my eyes anymore. I should ask them about it too. I felt the chair move forward.

“Nusre-shi, can you tell me where my family bodies are?” I asked her.

“Oh, I don’t know. The Doctor knows I think you can ask him.

“Okay, khamsamida.” I said.

When we reached the room, somebody lifted me and tucked me in my bed now. I settled down comfortably and I felt drowsy even though I just woke up. I think the sedate was still affecting me. Oh well, might as well sleep off. With that I closed my eyes.

Before I slept off though I heard somebody say “poor girl.”

This time when I woke up, I was sure it was in the morning. I could hear the bird chirping and felt a little better today. How I wished I could see and admire the morning better. Since I was a kid, I had always

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter