Chapter 3

Blinded but Loved [HIATUS]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Today was the day, they will remove the bandage from my eyes. Even though I won’t be able to see, I was excited to go out and feel the air outside. I have been trapped in this room all these days and I’m so done with it. I just hope that my eyes have healed properly and I don’t have any more complications.

The door opened and I heard shuffling of feet and dragging of something heavy. I could smell the antiseptic, I think they bout their instruments too.

“Good morning!” I wished them excitedly.

“Morning, I can see that you are very excited. You must be really happy to get out from here.” The doctor said.

“Deh! I really am. I can’t wait to feel the air and the freedom.” I said excitedly.

“When you get out don’t forget to drop by.” The nurse said adoringly.

“Never! Unni, you should give me your number than we can keep in touch.” I replied back.

“Yeah, that would be nice. You better keep in touch though.” The nurse said with a smile.

“Okay you two can decide all this later, let’s open the bandage now.” The doctor said, shaking his head at the two.

“Arra.” I replied.

They cut the bandage and rolled it off my eyes slowly. I could feel that the Doctor was trying his best to be as gentle as possible. I just hope that the wound is healed properly and there will be no complications. When he was done, I tried to open y eyes but it won’t budge.

“Don’t rush it.” The doctor warned.

I nodded my head and tried to open my eyes again but it was still stuck. I was getting frustrated but then I felt something wet and cold being applied on my eyes.

“Wah! What was that?” I asked shocked.

“Oh, sorry, it will help you open them. Now try it again.” Doctor said.

I tried again and then it opened. I slowly blinked but the thing was that even if my eyes were open I couldn’t see a thing. There was a blanket of sadness surrounding me. I knew that I wouldn’t be able to see but now that I can feel my reality, it’s hard for me to accept. May be that’s why it would be better with the bandage on.

“Ah… is it possible to keep my bandage on my eyes. It’s not like I can see anyways.” I said, trying my best to hide my pain.

“Fei, I know it’s hard but someday in the future it may come back. You still have choices.” The doctor replied, instead of answering my question.

“Fei, it will be okay. You’ll get used to it.” The nurse said to comfort me.

“Arra, so I can go out now?” I said excitedly to lift up the mood.

“Change into these.” The nurse said handing me some clothes.

“Oh, are these mine? Who brought it?” I asked confused.

“Insoo-shi bought them for you.” The nurse replied helping me into the bathroom.

I went in and changed into the new clothes as best as I could. I can’t really tell if they suit me. Oh well it doesn’t matter, it’s not like I’m going to impress somebody. They’ll all run off when they realized that I’m blind. I felt around for the water tap and washed my face. I went out after that. Looks like I’ll have to depend on my sense of feelings from now on.

“Ooh, you look so pretty. Yeppeo!” the nurse said pinching my cheeks.

“Ah unni, wae!” I said embarrassed.

“You ready to go?” the voice that I’ve been wanting to hear say.

“Insoo-shi, please get her to visit us sometime. We all will miss her a lot.” The nurse said hugging me tight.

“I’ll try my best.” Insoo replied.

I was led by the nurse and was given a white cane by the end of the way.

“Take care okay.” The nurse said kissing my cheek.

“You too, unni.” I said hugging her for the last time.

“Fei-shi, don’t lose hope.” The doctor said patting my head.

“Don’t worry Doc, you are speaking about Fei the great af

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter