Chapter 4

Blinded but Loved [HIATUS]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Six months have passed by now. I have got closer to Imo and sam-chon but it’s still hard to approach Insoo. I think he still blamed himself for the crash but I have already forgiven him when he came clean to me a week after my stay with them. I had a guess about it since they took me in when they could have left me in a home or something. But I’m really grateful for taking me in and treating me just like their own daughter. Imo always said that Insoo and I are already like a married couple, which I don’t agree to.

I have learnt to read and write braille, I had a hard time at first but now I can do it easily and can pass my time reading books just as much as I use to do when I could see. Till now I have only felt incompetence when I want to help Imo with cooking. I loved cooking but now it’s hard to cook, how can I cook when I can’t even see. I think that’s my only regret but everything else can be done by myself even if it takes a long time to do it.

I don’t want to depend on them for everything so I took up a job of teaching blind children and help them cope with their handicap. It was hard at first cause I never really had experience with kids but now I enjoy it a lot. The kids makes my day so much better and they give me strength to continue on with my life and give me hope.

“Unni, what are you doing?” Yerin asked me entering my room.

“Nothing much, I was actually waiting for you so we can take Luca for a walk together.” I replied.

“Chincha, wait a little, I’ll change my clothes and come.” Yerin said and rushed out.

I took in a dog too, he guide me everywhere we go. He is the eyes that I had lost. He is getting huge now but he’s still a sweet heart. I got up and change my clothes too. My cupboard is arranged color wise and the color is written in braille on the rags. This was all Imo’s idea, she said it’ll be easier for me to dress how I want and it really does help me choose my clothes easily.

After getting done I walked down and met with Imo.

“Imo I’m taking Yerin for a walk with Luca.” I informed her.

“Oh I see, do you want to take something to eat too? I can prepare some sandwiches.” Imo asked.

“It’s okay Imo.” I said.

But Yerin shouted excitedly “Yeah mom, please prepare some so we can stop by the park too.”

“Arraseo, I’ll make it right away.” Imo said laughing at Yerin.

“Unni, it’s okay right? We can go to the park right?” Yerin asked me.

“Of course but you can’t drift too far from me, okay?” I told her.

“Yeah sure, unni. I won’t go far from you.” Yerin promised.

When we were about to go, Insoo came home. He decided to accompany us too. The three of us made our way to the park, with Yerin skipping all the way. When we reached the park, Yerin ran off with Luca, leaving the two of us behind. Insoo helped me sit down under the shade and the both of us enjoyed the silence. Even if we have spent a lot of time together, we still didn’t get close yet. He is always very reserved in front of me. Just when I thought of starting a conversation, his phone started ringing.

“Excuse me.” He said and got up.

I think he didn’t go too far cause I could hear him perfectly.

“Hello, oh…” he said into the phone.

“Right now? But I’m hanging out with my family.” He replied after sometime.

“Arraseo, I’ll try to come as soon as possible.” He said it hesitantly.

“Okay… ah your parents wants to… okay dinner then, bye.” He said and ended the call.

“Do you need to be somewhere?” I asked him curiously.

“Ani, just some matter in office.” He replied, which was hard for me to believe cause he was saying something about parents.

Was he talking to a girl? Does he even have a girlfriend? Like he’ll tell me about it.

“So how was your day?” I asked him.

“It was okay but really tiring. I don’

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter