The Voice

Toilet
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“I’ll take you to class.”

“You don’t need to.”

“It’s fine. Where’s your room?”

“It’s in 405.”

“Oh, that’s my room too.”

“That’s ‘cause we’re classmates Yoona.”

“Oh, how come I didn’t notice you?”

“It’s a big class.”

“Oh, wait. Aren’t you the girl who’s always asleep?”

Jessica’s face turned light pink. “Ah, yeah.” Jessica never thought she’d be ashamed of sleeping in class. Turns out she thought wrong.

“Your blush is cute.” Yoona chortled.

Jessica’s blush turned even darker. “Did you even wash your hands?”

“Of course I did.” Yoona was scandalized. Jessica successfully averted Yoona’s attention.

“I didn’t see you.”

“That’s because you were still in the cubicle when I was… wait, I see what you’re doing.” Yoona narrowed her eyes.

“From now on I’ll sit beside you so you won’t fall asleep in class.” Yoona grinned at Jessica as Jessica facepalmed.

They then went back to class exchanging brief conversations and occasional banter.

----

They were always beside each other in that class and both were getting more fond of each other every day. Their friendship grew owing to the fact that Jessica knew about Yoona’s slight bladder problem.

The next time they met unexpectedly was on a dark Friday morning. It was still in the same washroom. Jessica was already inside, about to enter the first cubicle when she noticed the girl’s loud steps behind her. She then stepped aside to let Yoona pass.

The door suddenly closed and Jessica couldn’t help her snicker.

“Whoo! Thanks Sica.”

“I told you not to call me that.” Jessica replied from the next cubicle.

They then heard a loud voice booming. The voice was lovely and mesmerizing. The person was singing “If”, a difficult song to carry.

 

Yoona was enticed by the voice that she wanted to come nearer to its source. Just then an arm prevented her from doing so.

She looked to her right only to come face to face with Jessica. Yoona got a crazy idea all of a sudden.

“May I have this dance with you?” She extended her hand towards Jessica.

Jessica raised an eyebrow in question. Yoona didn’t bother to explain as she carefully pulled the girl closer to her and placed her hand on her hip. Jessica’s cheeks were tinted red as she placed her hand on Yoona’s shoulder and her head under Yoona’s chin. She didn’t want Yoona to see her blush.

They continued swaying inside the bathroom as the person continued to belch out high notes and sang in her glorious voice. After a while, Yoona lifted Jessica’s chin to face her and she twirled her once before the song ended.

Jessica was about to move away as the song ended. However, the singer still continued to sing another song entitled “I love you” and Yoona restrained Jessica from moving away.

Yoona started tearing up.

“Why are you crying?” Jessica started to worry.

“It’s just the song evokes a lot and her voice is so beautiful.”

“Yoona, are you alright?” Tears started to pour out.

“I’m fine Jessica.” Yoona let out a pained smile.

“Yoona, are you really-“ Jessica wasn’t abl

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter