Two

To the Wonders
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“It’s–” Suzy looked at her wrist, still entwined by his grip, “It’s one, one forty.” She shook her hand slightly, and he let her free. It was a chilly evening, cold and a bit humid. There sat a boy in front of Bae Suzy, the boy she’d usually catch wearing plaid shirts or just plain black. And he stared at her and she stared at him. It was simple, really.

“Thanks,” Myungsoo yawned before getting up, his bag slouched sluggishly on his shoulder, “It’s going to snow later,” the boy looked at her,  bewilderment became evident in his eyes, “So if I were you, I wouldn’t stay here for long.”

Suzy nodded, somewhat still unable to figure out why he’d make such a peculiar remark, “Right.” 

Myungsoo flashed a smile, radiantly plain. “Good. Then, I’ll see you around.” 

. . .

“Snow?” Minho laughed, “We’re barely three days into winter and you’re telling me it’s going to snow today– snow in the city of Seoul,” he mocked her once more, “and from your grades, I actually thought you were smart.”

Suzy rolled her eyes, “You’re such an , Minho.”

“Are you talking about your face, Suzy-yah?” Minho sneered back, “Are you, are you, are–”

Suzy grabbed him by the left ear, “Shut up!”

“Yah! You know that’s a sensitive spot!”

“That’s why I did it, idiot.” Suzy smirked and let go.

“You’re such a brat.”

“You’re such an –”

“Yah!”

The two stopped the quarrelling and fell silent on the couch with the TV as a background noise, Suzy continued reading her book, forthrightly her favourite one, and Minho on the other hand carried on watching the soccer game, the soccer game which (to Suzy in this case) seemed to have dragged on for hours – but strangely enough, she enjoyed it.

Perhaps it reminded her of the simpler times she spent with her brother when they were children, the simpler times when all she ever did was watch him play soccer, the simpler times when the only friend she wanted in her life was her brother (and it was acceptable) and most of all, when everything wasn’t complicated.

“So,” Minho hesitated at first, “So, has– Has anything happened?”

Suzy’s eyes narrowed at Minho, “What do you mean?”

He cleared his throat, “Well, for starters, you spend more time at the library than your own family. I feel like you’re doing this because of–”

“I’m... I’m not.”

“Suzy-yah,” His expression changed, “I’m... It’s just–”

A resonating sound of the front door trying to open cut short Minho’s sentence, and they both turned to the door.

 “Oh good! You two are already home? Can you help your dad take down the shopping bags from the car please?” Their mom began, “Wear a coat, it’s snowing outside.”

. . .

Myungsoo’s phone woke him up, the screen flashed with the name of ‘Sungyeol’ and without thinking, he picked up.

“Myungsoo?”

Myungsoo’s voice croaked, “What?”

“Listen... I,” Sungyeol coughed, “Well, I...No– I left something at your apartment.”

“It’s five and you’re calling me just to say that?” A short pause and the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter