Five

To the Wonders
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Suzy sighed for the second time; her head leaned against the headrest of the chair in a one-hundred and ten degree position as her arms hung loosely besides her. She took a quick glance at the guitar which stood facing upwards beside her bed.

Truthfully, she had started to feel as if something heavy was clutching onto her heart. Something she couldn’t quite understand.

The next thing she realized, she was back to thinking about Myungsoo, whom she saw earlier on that day. And once again, she checked the time. It was already past midnight, so with that she got up and hurriedly, she buried herself underneath the thick layer of her duvet.

. . .

Light: I’m so sorry for your loss. I’m worried. Are you O.K?

ClearSky94: I’m not alright... But I will be... Thank you for worrying.

Light is typing...

ClearSky94: Bye. I’ll talk to you again. Soon.

ClearSky94 is offline.

. . .

“You’re looking for Myungsoo, are you?” The woman at the counter asked. Suzy nodded. “He called in sick this morning. Do you have anything you want me to tell him?”

Suzy looked at the guitar case she held and back at the woman. “It’s okay. Thank you.” With that, she bowed her head before escorting herself out of the library. By the time she stepped into the cold she sat on the bench just outside, and silently, she wondered what she was supposed to do next. 

Finally, she stood up, but before she even took another step, a voice cried out (rather warmly), “Hey!” Suzy looked to her right, distinctively where she heard it came from, her eyes widened slightly. A tall boy (whom she figured to be probably as tall as Minho) approached her. He had a faintly dark complexion and his long hair was tied back (yet it still covered half of his forehead).

“Me?”

“Yeah,” the boy pointed at the guitar case and he smiled. His cheeks were quite chubby despite his skinny facial structure. He looked at Suzy. “That... that’s Myungsoo’s guitar case right? Were you trying to find him?” Suzy nodded. He pointed at the case again. “Were you going to bring him this?” She nodded again. “I’ll bring it to him, for you.” He tried to grab it but Suzy shifted it behind her, as if she didn’t want him to have the item.

“How do I know I can trust you?” Suzy asked.

The boy scoffed, “Actually I,” he grasped the back of his head and smiled (Suzy swore she saw something, but brushed it off); “I’m his friend, Lee Sungyeol.”

“But—”

“Well, saves you the trouble but if you don’t be

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter