One

To the Wonders
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Honey! Dinner’s ready!” Suzy’s mom cried from downstairs.

She let go of her pen and replied – surely loud enough, “I’m coming!” She stood up from her seat and turned off the light in her room before heading downstairs. The table was already set. Her family sat around the table – and Minho too. Surprisingly.

“You’re here?” Suzy said as they began to eat. “I didn’t know you were coming today.”

Minho took a mouthful, “See? That’s the problem with you, you’re too busy studying,” He then swallowed, “that you don’t even know that your own brother is back.”

“When are you returning to University?” She asked blatantly as she pointed to the chicken stew, which her mom then passed to her.

“Are you that eager not to see me?” Minho gave out a short chuckle, “I think you’re forgetting that I am your older brother.”

“Of course,” Suzy flashed a smile – for the first time in a long time, “Who would’ve thought that I would be related to an idiot like you?”

“Hey!” Minho kicked her under the table and Suzy hit back, both with mischievous grins on their faces.

Their Mom stopped them, “Hey! Knock it off, you two!” Soon enough they did, but the grin they had were still visible from their faces. “Minho,”

“Yeah mom?” Minho replied as he took a piece of meat from his plate.

“Is Jia-ssi coming over again?”

Minho didn’t hesitate to say, “She’s planning to, but she’s at China right now, visiting her parents.”

“Oh, is that so, did she like the kimchi I sent her?”

“She loves it, mom, and-” Their conversation went on, and on, and on, and indubitably Suzy felt the room grow colder again, with this, she ate faster and made her way upstairs the moment she was finished.

She sat down on the seat, facing nothing but an empty wall. Like the inside of her, perhaps. She smirked at the thought of it all. Being lonely is a funny thing. Why are people lonely? Why do they look up to others to satisfy them, and yet isolate themselves? Why? Was the universe put here just to cultivate human loneliness?

Bae Suzy didn't really stand out much in school, all in all, she was ordinary – or at least she tries to be. She has friends and she has plenty of them, but she was always the type who kept to herself. Inside of her, she knew awfully well how tired she was of life. Nothing bad and certainly nothing to do with death or suicide, but life to her was tiring in a way that everything had all become a routine to her.

Waking up, impressing people, going home, revising and then sleeping. That was it. Literally. And from time to time, she even wondered, would she be able to break out of this?

. . .

He was there again.

He’d be sat in Suzy’s usual spot in the library from time to time; he started sitting there for over a month now. She’d politely ask him to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter