In the last minute

My Lucky Charm

Those two days flew like they didn’t exist. Kai and Aoi were the only one who accompanied the girls to the airport. While Kai was talking with Haru if the girls needed something they could count on him while Aoi took Korra aside and stood with the back at Kai and Haru. Aoi surprised Korra with a gentle kiss and she turned red “Take care” said Aoi smiling.

“Korra, are you ready?” asked Haru and Aoi turned so Haru could see her friend. Korra nodded and ran to Haru. “Are you okay?” whispered Haru looking at her red friend.

“See you guys” and Korra took Haru’s hand and ran to the airplane and in few minutes the girls were off to India.

When the girls found a seat Haru asked Korra curiously: “Ok……. Tell me what Aoi done to you because you were red as a monkey ”.

“N-Nothing…..“ stuttered Korra and turned her look at the window blushing again.

“Come on……. If he hadn’t done anything then you wouldn’t have blushed like that” said Haru “I promise I won’t tell Ruki”

“Tell him what?”

“Tell him what you have done with Aoi”

“You saw him kissing me?” panicked Korra.

“HA! ………. So that’s why you were blushing at the airport?”

“Ummm…..  Shut up” said Korra more whispering.

“Ok, Ok I won’t tell Ruki what happened” teased Haru chuckling at her friend.

After a short silent between them Korra asked: “Are you okay?”

“What do you mean?” Haru looked surprised at Korra.

“You and……. and Jace……. are you okay ……. I heard you guys broke up”

Haru’s smiling face faded and bent her face looking at her hands placed on her lap “Yeah….. I think I’m fine…..”

“You are a strong girl and a good friend and he didn’t disserve you” said Korra taking her friend hands into hers and smiled.

“I hope you are right” and the girls hugged.

“Reita told you, right?” asked Haru ironically.

“They were practicing for a live and he saw me and told that he saw you crying…….. and I thought it might be about Jace……..usually you don’t shout at others when you cry.”

“I didn’t shout at him, I just raised my voice…… a little bit.” protested Haru.

“He said you screamed at him” laughed Korra “I’m surprised he survived”

“Shut up!!! I wasn’t that harsh on him, I don’t even do something to him”

“Yeah, sure” said Korra smirking.

After almost four hours on the plain the girls arrived in India. The weather wasn’t so welcoming but the girls ignored it and went to visit the city. Because of the luggage, the girls took a taxi and went straight to the hotel. The two friends visited almost the whole city and took a picture of every inch of it. Even Taj Mahal was photographed from all sides. Almost a week passed since the girls were in India. The first shoot was only with Korra since the male model wasn’t recovered yet. In the spare time, Korra and Haru continued with visiting the surroundings.

Back in Japan, the guys were preparing for a new song. Aoi was in his recording room with Uruha playing the guitars when Kai suddenly came in the room. He was caring a laptop in his right hand: “Hey guys ….. Haru sent us some pictures from India with places they visited and some with Korra’s shoots”

“I want to go to India too…..” complained Uruha.

“Ruki and Reita saw them” asked Aoi ignoring Uruha.

“Not yet, I told them to come and see but Reita got some stuff to do and Ruki is writing the lyrics for the song” explained Kai putting the laptop on the table and near him the guys gathered around him.

“When are we going to India” asked Uruha.

“These are from the first shoot” said Kai showing the pictures also ignoring Uruha.

First photo was with a large garden full of rare flowers with different colors: red, yellow, blue, white. Korra was dressed with a blue, red and golden sari and many jewelries: three big necklaces, one long and two short, many earrings: one in ears like normal, one over her ears and one from the right ear was bent to her nose. Her arms were full of bracelets. The sari was made of three pieces: a skirt down on the ground and a tank-top with short and puffed sleeves and the usual veil. Her left hand was on her waist and with the right hand was holding the top of the veil making it waving in the wind. Korra’s hair was straightened and dyed a deep black with blue reflections and it was waving along with her veil. The second picture was with the elephants and the background looked like the center of a rich city. This time the model was wearing a white tank-top like bandages wrapped around her chest and baggy pants tightened on her ankle with elastic made by golden wires. The out sides of the pants were cut from top to bottom revealing Korra’s legs very well. She was standing near the elephant’s trunk with one hand on the elephant like she was hugging him. The elephant was painted with bright colors and some very colorful Indian blankets on top of him. Meanwhile the guys were admiring the pictures, suddenly the room’s door opened and Ruki appeared. Kai, Aoi and Uruha rose their heads looking now at Ruki.

“Hey Ruki, come and have a look” said Kai waving his hand to Ruki to come and so did Ruki.

‘She looks so beautiful when she is smiling’ thought Ruki admiring Korra from the photos. He felt a short pain of missing her that he could run to Korra hug her, kiss her and make Korra his. ‘What if I confess to her and she rejects me? ………….. Maybe she doesn’t feel the same way about me” insecure thoughts were filling up his head.

“She’s so great” said Kai after he showed the guys the pictures. When he spoke, Ruki came back to reality from his fear.

Back in his studio, Ruki made his place on the armchair in front of his desk continuing with his lyrics. It was past midnight and he added some more lyrics. When he finished it was 2 am. Ruki cleaned the desk and took his jacket from the hanger and headed home in his car. The next few days were as always: Ruki writing the lyrics, Uruha and Aoi making their parts of the song, Reita make new rhythms and Kai with the drums and with the band needs too. They had a concert for the end of the year. These past weeks were very tiring for them but they want to more famous so they can’t give up.

One night when the guys finished and went home, Ruki remained at the company some more to finish the lyrics. After his bandmates left he took the laptop from which Kai showed the photos with the girls. He copied the photo with Korra and the elephant and the next day went to a Photo Shop and framed it. Home he put the picture on his desk where he work with hours for the band. Korra’s eyes were full of joy and warm that captivated Ruki’s attention. Time passed very fast and Christmas was near. Working on the laptop, Aoi received a video call from Haru and Korra and called his bandmates.

“Hey guys ……..  what you doin’?” asked the girls waving.

“Hey” said the guys together. “When are you going to come back, we are missing you” continued Uruha.

“I don’t know he still have a shoot to finish….” Started Haru.

“And that model have a short break because is still sick so it goes slower than usual” continued Korra frowning. “I swear I kill him if I’ll be late home for Christmas”

“Take it easy lioness” said Ruki smiling. “Is not his fault that he is sick”

“Shut up there….. I am the one who take the shoot with him and it is really annoying to hear him complaining and his running nose” added Korra and the guys laughed.

“Hey shorty, I’m waiting for a gift from India of you” said Reita smiling innocently at Haru and she turned a light red.

After they finished the conversation, the guys went home to prepare for the next day. Days passed and Christmas was here and the girls haven’t arrived yet. At the company the manager prepared a Christmas party for the bands. When the party ended the GazettE guys remained some more. Suddenly, while they prepared to go home, the room’s door opened with Korra and Haru in the doorstep.

“Hey~” the girls shouted and the boys ran towards them hugging them.

“How come you arrived “ asked Aoi hugging Korra.

“Christmas miracle” said Haru hugging Reita and smiling in his chest.

“You had enough Aoi, now let me hug Korra” said Ruki taking Korra in his embrace and she blushed. She pulled herself out from his grip and straightened her hand to him.

“What is it?” asked Reita looking at Haru’s blushing face.

“This is for you” she said taking Reita’s hand and placed the gift to him. He opened his fist and saw a trinket with an elephant with the trunk up.

“Oh yeah……we got one for each one of you” said Korra after Haru gave the present to Reita.

While Korra was giving the presents to the guys, Reita grabbed Haru’s hand and left without anyone realizing it. After Aoi, Kai and Uruha left Ruki and Korra remained in the room looking at each other. Ruki went to one of the two big speakers and pressed the play button and a slow song started. Korra’s expression could tell that she was confused and scared. Ruki went behind her and wrapped his left hand around her waist and the right hand placed it on Korra’s left shoulder. He slowly began to move his body along with the song and moving Korra’s body with his. He could feel her all tensed up.

“How was the trip in India?” asked Ruki slowly.

“I-It was great ….” stuttered Korra.

“Tell me more” and Korra began to tell about the shoot from India and Ruki bent his head and touched Korra’s left ear line with his lips. Korra began to feel chills running over her body. He slowly moved down to her neck and started kissing it gently. In that moment Korra pulled herself out from his embrace and turned around. She blushed a light red and shuddered “Ruki…….” and she ran out hurrying to her room. He tightened his fist with the trinket and raised it to his mouth. In few seconds Ruki went on her footprints to her room and without noticing that Aoi saw him, Ruki entered the room.