Best news

My Lucky Charm

Korra arrived home, threw her jacket on a chair and she laid on the couch in the living-room. She called Saku who immediately appeared and jumped on her.

“Waaaa ……. Saku, can you believe that? Mako is Ruki’s dog and we played with him. At least you had more fun with him, but me….?”

Thinking of that Korra felt her cheeks getting hotter and her heartbeat increasing. She wondered if she could meet him again. Even if she knew it can’t be true because he is a rock star and she is a simple girl who is on her way to became a famous model. Now she just models for some clothes shop and hoping to be discovered by the famous “Catwalk Show” which is the greatest company for models. The only moment she could see him is when he performs on the stage but it wasn’t pleasurable as when she stayed beside him and talked face to face. It was only few moments in real, but for her felt much more. She hoped it would last forever but realized it was only a fan girl wish. What made her heart aches was that she and Ruki were in the same highschool but in different classes and also he was her first crush. Feeling the little pain inside, she wiped the tear from the right cheek and went to take a shower.

“Saku be a good girl while I’m in the bathroom if you want a sweet reward” she said giving a serious expression and the little dog barked which meant a “yes”.

After half an hour she came out and put her pyjama, got a box of popcorn, got a movie from the shelf, inserted the DVD and the sleep timer. Not long after, she fell asleep and Saku made her place next to her and fell asleep too.

As the morning came the sun rose and got through the curtain and made Korra wake up. She saw her dog still sleeping beside her. She managed to get up without waking the little dog and went to the curtain and slide it aside. The sun wasn’t shining so bright but she saw people wearing something thin on them. For a start it was a really quite a warm autumn. Korra could feel the warm rays of the sun on her face. With still a sleepy mood and a back pain from sleeping on the couch with Saku near her. Korra went to take a bath to refresh herself. After almost an hour she thought to get out with a towel on her head and one around her. She went straight to her room and changed into something more comfortable: a tank-top, shorts, socks and slippers. When she got downstairs she prepared a bowl with cereals for breakfast and something to eat for Saku too. Eating she the radio and she was surprised to hear that the interview were with Kai and Uruha:

“…… let’s welcome these two, please introduce youself!”

“I’m Kai the drummer, nice to meet you all.”

“I’m Uruha, the guitarist, a pleasure to be here.”

“We’ve never seen you together to a show.” Said the radio host.

“We’re rarely encouraged to come together.” Explained Uruha.

“Rarely encouraged, eh?”

“Eh, really? Really?” wondered Kai.

“This is our first time together here, right?” looking at Kai.

“Anyway, the GazettE is familiar with this studio, right? Even Kai has been here before and every time he comes here, Kai will say: “this is too close”, he’s referring to the fans who are just on the other side of our glass window….”

“Too close….” Said at the same time Uruha and Kai smiling.

“The drums are the most farthest from the audience, right?”started Kai.

“During LIVE’s? They don’t see you so directly at LIVE’s, eh?” added the radio host.

“Yeah, and now being with them this close….. I’m embarrassed!!” continued Kai.

“Well, there’s nowhere to hide now, is there?” asked the man with an amused expression and Uruha near Kai was laughing like an idiot.

“What about the health? What do you guys do to keep healthy?”the man asked.

“Live life to the fullest!” said Kai randomly.

“How do you do it?”

“To keep healthy I…. eat a tomato every morning.” Replied Kai having a serious look.

“And the other members too?”

“Ah, no….. just me.”

Saying it out loud, on Uruha’s face increased a big smile of amusement.

“The reason is a little bit embarrassing but ….. errr ….. should I tell?” after a short break he sighed and continued “ Well, we just did a medical check-up and …… I was held back for more check-ups.”

“What for?”

“Well….. I really love mayonnaise …… and I eat it with everything, that’s why I was held back because of my cholesterol level” explained showing a big smile on his face and thinking how good is the mayonnaise. Near him Uruha was trying not to burst into laughter.

“He’s the only one who got held back” added Uruha pointing at Kai.

“How did the others do on their medical check-up?”

“We did alright.” said Uruha

“You’ll only be wearing your underwear when doing the check-ups, right?”asked the radio host.

“NO …… not at all.” Replied Uruha and Kai laughing and they felt a little bit embarrassed.

“My accessories were really jingling a lot when they wanted to give me an injection” continued Uruha “And I was like: Give me a moment, please …… and it took something to take them off”

While listening the radio Korra finished eating and she put the bowl in the sink. Saku finished her food too. Heading to her room to check mail she saw a mail from the Catwalk Show and wrote that she was nominated for the ‘Elimination Round’ for the next Lacroix model. She sent three weeks ago a picture of herself for the competition and hoped to win the first round. Korra looked on the site with all the photos that many other girls sent. She never thought she would go in the next round. It was a big surprise to receive the mail for the next round. She has the next round in two weeks and she needs to prepare herself so she called Haru for help. 

-----------------------

That night Ruki couldn’t understand why he dialed Korra’s number, why would he call her? He went back to the desk and wrote some more lyrics for the song but he couldn’t concentrate. He admitted that he can’t make out something new so he took his coat and went home. He took his car from the company parking and before heading home, stopped to a shop to buy something to eat. Once he paid, he hopped in the car and headed home. He parked his car in front of his house and when he opened the door to enter he was welcomed by Mako. He needed to bend to prevent Mako to get out. Ruki entered, more like sneaking in and immediately closed the door behind him; he took his coat off and his shoes too. Ruki went right away to the kitchen. When he sat to eat, Mako began to pull Ruki’s pants. “I forgot to feed you, right?” he asked rising his head and looked ahead. Mako started to bark and in that moment, Ruki took the dog food from the cupboard and poured it in a bowl. “Now let me eat too, ” said Ruki looking at Mako who raised his head and shook his tail. Ruki sat back to eat and saw his notebook where he wrote that he has a couple of week free. After he finished eating he headed upstairs to his bedroom. He flopped in the bed and when he thought everything was perfect his phone rang. “You must be kidding me, right?” he frowned and got up and answered.

“Yeah….?”

“Hey, want to come with me and Uruha to a club?” Aoi asked.

“Why don’t you call Reita?”

“Reita is having a date” said Aoi.

“Haven’t Reita broke up with that girl?” asked Ruki curiously.

“Yeah ….. but he found another girl. You’re so slow Ruki!” Aoi laughed.

“That guy changes the girl like socks” mentioned Ruki.

“Yeah, I know” replied Aoi.

“What about Kai?”

“He said he had something important to do…… so you were the only one left. Want to come?”

“No!” answered Ruki and hung up before Aoi could say a thing back.

Ruki flopped back in his bed and fell asleep instantly with Mako near him. The night went very fast and very uncomfortable because he slept with the clothes he wore all day. Slowly waking up he felt his face wet. He opened his eyes and saw that Mako was his face to wake him up. He tried to pull his dog to stop his face but Mako didn’t give up until Ruki got up. He saw that the dog brought his leash and put on the bed to get out for a walk. Yawning and stretching he got up and went to the bathroom. In few minutes he got out from the shower, dressed and went out with Mako. Wandering through the park he saw the same sight: people walking, others jogging, some of them reading a book. He wasn’t that warmly dressed so he could feel the cold through the jacket. The sun was behind the clouds and the wind was missing but it still was cold. When they returned home, Ruki went straight away to take a hot bath hoping not to catch a cold.  In those two weeks he hadn’t done anything more than resting and writing lyrics for the new songs. Two days before the mini vacation to end, Kai announced the others that they have to be  part of the audience for ‘Catwalk show’ to assist in the selection for the next Lacroix models. Reita was the most enthusiastic about it. What can be more pleasing to start a week with a group of models with an attractive body to parade in front of you. In this point of view Ruki was on the same way with Reita.

A new week started and the guys were fresh and dressed in suits. They got in the limo and headed to the ‘Catwalk show’. When they arrived, they were welcomed with the red carpet. From both sides of the way the camera’s flash surrounded the boys. They had special seats in front of the stage. They must look good in front of the cameras so they were wrapped with a cool and mysterious aura. When the show started, everyone began to clap. The first model appeared with a long black dress with an opening on the right side of the dress. The accessories were meant to make the dress glow, the hair was grabbed in a tail, falling on the girl’s shoulders. The girl posed and then turned back. The second model was Korra. From backstage Haru was encouraging her best friend. When Korra appeared and started to walk, heading to the audience, she had another notion about being on stage.

When Ruki saw her, he recognized Korra right away, even if she looked so different from when they met last time. When she was in front of them, Ruki took off his glasses and couldn’t believe it was Korra. Before turning back, their eyes meet.