One step closer

My Lucky Charm

Ruki was left speechless to see Korra in front of him and started to ask himself why is she here. Maybe he started to imagine her; but no, it was her. “Why would she be here and why did I remember her?” asked Ruki without the others to hear. With the corner of his eye he saw that Aoi was looking at him. Ruki tried not to look like he knew her. Aoi noticed it was something because Ruki took his glasses off. Aoi turned his look to see once again the girl and to understand why his band mate was surprised. He admitted that she was really pretty and looked very y in that dress. She was dressed in a very fit closely dress which showed her shapes very well. The dress was above the knees and with long sleeves. The color was a deep dark blue which was accessorized with long earrings with small diamonds and the necklace was a diamond thick wire that was too long so she made a knot to be shorter and that looked gorgeous on her chest. Her hair was pulled on the left side and curled. The shoes were the color of silver with shiny pebbles. Everyone from the room began to clap. Before heading back she saw Ruki sitting in front of her and watching every step she made. Korra felt a shiver down her spine and for one second she felt that they were the only one in the room. For not rising any suspicions she looked once again to the audience and then left. Korra could feel that Ruki was still looking at her leaving. The show continued with more beautiful girls showing their skills to become famous models. The dressed were one more beautiful than the others. Next were the casual stile and the models were selected which one would go on the stage. Another stile was the boyish style. It was a surprise for all the girls this round. Even Korra felt a bit discouraged, but Haru was with her to support her on the way of becoming a model. Haru sometimes colud be strong headed and do anything to win. She managed and took something cool: a pair of baggy jeans, a blue shirt and a jacket. Haru transformed her friend in a total different person. To look different from the others models, Haru made Korra to put on a fake pierce on the lip which bent to the ear and many others things.

Everything went smoothly because the models haven’t started arguing among them. Until the show ended, everyone were amazed by the most beautiful models. It was past midnight and the girls were tired and their feet hurts from the high heels.

“Haru, my feet hurts” started Korra to complain. “I don’t think I can go any further…. My feet hurts like hell ……. Haru~ ”. Meanwhile Haru was fixing the dress for another round and started to get annoyed because Korra wouldn’t stop complaining even if Haru begged her to stop so many times. Haru get on her feet and slapped Korra.

“Haru, it hurts!” Korra’s eyes tear up and cupped her left cheek where she was slapped.

“What’s wrong with you?” the backstage run quiet when Haru yelled at Korra. Not long after that, everyone returned to their work. “Are  you insane? You want to give up? You want to throw away all the years you prepared to be here? Dare to give up and I’ll kill you for not being strong enough to get over that pain and make your dream come true. Understood?” Haru had frowned at Korra who was shocked to see Haru so angry with her. Korra was speechless in front of her friend who changed her expression and put a smile on her face.

“Now go and show them who you are. Show that old man that you must be the next Lacroix model.” Haru encouraged her best friend to get over that little obstacle and move on. “Now wipe your teary eyes to not ruin your make-up and win.”

For few seconds the girls were in a deep silence between them and then Korra changed her sad face into a smiley one and hugged tight  her friend.

“Thanks Haru, for sure you are a best friend” and started to cry on Haru’s shoulder. When she heard that Korra started to cry, she tried to pull her away to wipe her tears to not ruin the make-up. Fixing for the second time Korra’s make-up the girls were interrupted by the host announcing that the last round is about to start.

“Now go there and get’ em girl!” Haru winked at her friend who looked like a doll in flesh and bones.

The final round was the catwalk, or how others call it ‘the real round’. The catwalk can be done perfectly if  the models are strong minded and can face the fear of failing. All the models started to be cold with each other because everyone wanted the first place of being a famous model. When the girls were adjusting the last small detail, the Lacroix man who arranged the show appeared in front of the girls and said:

“My dear models you all look so good, but I’m afraid to tell you that only five of you are going to by my next models.” he glanced at Korra who gave him a confused look. For few moments there was a dead silence in the room. After, everyone gathered to go on the stage and Korra was the first. When she got on the stage the staff members blocked the way for the others models. The models began to yell at them why they blocked the way and let only Korra to go. Near the make-up table where Haru arranged Korra, she crossed her arms to her chest and raised her eyebrows in a worried expression and sighed. Without realizing it, the Lacroix old man went near her.

“Maybe you are wondering why they were blocked and only your friend went” said the old man.

“I guess….. so” after she replied, Haru saw who was standing next to her and took one step aside and grinned at the man.

“I know her since she was a baby and look what a beautiful young lady she became.”

“How do you know her?” asked Haru looking at him confused.

“Like how I saw you two are best friends, right?”

“Yeah……  but what does the fact that you know her?”

“Like how I said you seem to be best friends and I suppose you know her parents too. I also think you know that Korra’s mother was a model who worked for me in her youth.” With still a shocked face, Haru stood there confused and looked at the man with open. Seeing her disoriented he started to walk  “Follow me”. The girl did exactly what the man said and followed him to a door where were written the man’s mane: LACROIX. He sat in his chair in front of the desk and invited Haru to sit in front of him. The girl noticed that on the table were two folders and was written: Korra Hakura and Satsuko Hakura. Haru couldn’t understand what was going on so she put a lot of questions to the man. Before she could put any other questions, the man began to explain what was all about.

“When Satsuko was young, like how is Korra now, she entered this competition too. She had a friend who was like you, encouraging your friend. Of course she realized her dream and became famous. At that time I was like a father for her…… “

“ What do you mean ‘like a father’?” interrupted Haru.

“Her parents didn’t agree with her decision, so she ran away. She moved into this building hotel and I talked to her and her parents too. Even I failed on convincing them to accept their daughter future as a model. From that moment I took her under my wings and had care of her.” The man took a short break and then continued: “Not long after that, Satsuko found a guy and fell in love with him. After a long series of broken hearts they married and a year later Korra was born. When I saw Korra for the last time it was when she was five. I don’t think she remembers me.” The man laughed.  

--------

On the stage Korra was shivering due to her anxiety. The lights went out and the dark and silence were filling up the room. Suddenly a light brightened above Korra’s head, making her dress and hair shine. For the first time she was so nervous that she could pass out. When she began to walk, the lights from the scene started to light up. The long and shiny legs were revealed by the dress openings, waving behind her like ocean waves. The dress didn’t have braces and showed Korra’s shoulders. She wore very simple and elegant high heeled sandals with small diamonds, which went along very well with her accessories. Her hair was wavy and falling on her shoulders and arching with every step she made. The catwalk she just made, raised all the viewers up and clapped louder when Korra arrived in front of everyone. All the GazettE members were amazed by her.

After the show ended a party was prepared for the winners. The Lacroix man announced the models who won and the first was Korra. All the important people who were invited congratulated Korra for her success. When Haru saw that the crowd around Korra wasted, she ran to hug Korra.

“You see?! You won” Haru almost yelled smiling happily.

“Oh my God, Oh my God ……. Haru ~ I won” said Korra smiling brightly.

While the girls were enjoying Korra’s success, the Lacroix old man appeared with five guys near him.

“May I disturb you for two seconds?” asked the old man.

“Sure” replied Korra.

“I want to introduce you …..” the old man started.

“… the GazettE guys “ continued Haru with a smiling  expression. When she realized what she just said she felt all the guys eyes on her. She turned her look around in embarrassment “Ah!...... sorry”. Korra chuckled at her friend.

“Korra, they are Kai, Aoi, Reita, Ruki and Uruha and you have a contract with PSCompany and starting from tomorrow you are going to work with them. Oh! Not to forget , Haru you’ll be Korra’a assistant. Now if you’ll excuse me” and the old man left.

“Hey guys …. Nice to meet you all” said Korra.

“Nice to meet you too, I’m Kai the drummer” said Kai smiling and his dimples showed and Korra blushed a soft pink.

“I’m Aoi the guitarist, it’s a pleasure” he said taking Korra’s hand and kissed it softly and she blushed a bit more.

“I’m Uruha the guitarist” started Uruha and then Reita introduced too ”I’m Reita the bassist” and they both bowed.

Ruki was the last to introduce “I’m Ruki, the vocalist nice to meet you”. He acted like he never seen her before. Korra’s smile faded when she saw he didn’t recognize her but she pretended to be okay with that. After the guys greeted her for the show they walked around talking with others band too. Aoi was the only one who stood and talked a lot with Korra to make her comfortable with him so he could show her the company any also how things work at the company. Walking around the room, Reita found Haru near a table pouring some juice. Reita went toward her and before she could took a sip, he took her juice from her and took a sip first.

“Hey, you’re Haru, right?” asked Haru looking at her grinning.

“Yeah and that’s mine. Give it back” she looked at him trying to get her drink back. He rose his hand with the drink teasing Haru because she was shorter. Gripping his shirt she rose on her tiptoes trying to reach her drink.

“You’re so short” he said smirking.

“So what?” she began to tickle him and he downed his hand to stop her and in that moment she took back her drink. After she got it back she stuck her tongue out at him and left frowning. After she left Uruha appeared near Reita and put one hand on his shoulder.

“Don’t dare to say something” said Reita expressionless. In that moment Uruha burst out in laughter.

“Sorry man , but it was too much. Is the first girl who rejected you” said Uruha trying to stop laughing. “Anyway, you’ll get the chance to make out with her tomorrow.” Continued Uruha.

“Wha….. Oh!” replied Reita smirking.

After the party ended and the models were chosen, the guys got into the limo and headed to the company. In the car the guy were talking about the show.

“To start my work day like this…… I could live like this forever” started Reita.

“All you’ve done was to look at their bodies all the show?”asked Uruha.

“Wasn’t it for what we were invited?” said Reita showing a big smile.

“Reita, you know what I mean. So who is the next you are going to go out?” said Uruha.

“I don’t know, they were pretty ….. nah, I’ll find someone soon.”

“Knowing you, maybe tomorrow you’ll have a new girlfriend.” added Ruki.

“Guys……. Reita was rejected today.” Said Uruha grinning at Reita.

“No way” said all at the same time looking surprised at Reita.

“That girl….. Haru was her name…..? Nevermind but she rejected him right away.” Started Uruha and everyone laughed hearing that Reita was rejected.

“Oh Reita, it happens” said Ruki still laughing.

“Ruki neither you are not better with the love” grinned Aoi.

Now Ruki was expressionless just like Reita. They both stayed like this until they reached at the company.

 

 

---------------------

Sorry to update so late T.T ..... i'll try to update more often :3