Page 236

Don't Forget Me

Ha Na’s diary, page 236.

                                               May, 20th of 2010. “Library”.

 

                Annyeong Diary~ Even though Thursdays aren’t likeable days, today was cool. I didn't know a library could be a romantic place.

 

Ha Na had an extremely exhausting day. The most annoying classes were regrouped on the same day, which happens to be on Thursday.

  “I hate Thursday, neomu neomu shileo!” she was gritting her teeth and restrained herself to get up and run away from class. It wouldn’t have good consequences. What worse was she still had to go to the library after class because she needed to make some research and only a library’s books could help her out.

DIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIING

°ASSA!° Ha Na’s face lighted up as the end of class was signalized by a loud ring.

   “Students, don’t forget to hand me your project by tomorrow. Otherwise, you will get a 0. I won’t be indulgent on that. Class dismissed.” Mrs Do spoke. After bowing to the teacher, all the students jostled to get out of the classroom as quickly as possible.

   “Why did she have to remind me of that stupid project? I guess I really have to spend the end of the afternoon at the library.” Ha Na sighed. She dragged her body out of the classroom. “Why do I have the strictest teachers of the whole school?!” she threw a tantrum by herself, or at least it was what she thought.

   “Baby, why are you unhappy?” Myung Soo popped next to her, so calmly, so suddenly, making Ha Na howled in fright. “KIM MYUNG SOO! YOU STARTLED ME! HAJIMA!” she usually doesn’t react like this and Myung Soo didn’t even intend to scare her. “Why are you screaming like this? Aish my eardrums!” he blew a raspberry and rubbed his ears. “My ears hurt now.” Ha Na looked a bit apologetic and planned to excuse herself, but her ego didn’t let her do as she wanted.

   “You shouldn’t have frightened me when I was being sensible already.” she spoke but didn’t look at Myung Soo in the eyes.

   “And why are you sensible? Are you on your periods?” Myung Soo wriggled his eyebrows in a way she found ridiculously ert. “What a ert. And I’m not.” Ha Na felt blood rising to her cheeks. It’s quite a personal matter, and even though she knew Myung Soo understands her problems as a girl, she still feel bashful about it.

Myung Soo unexpectedly hugged her when she wasn't paying attention to him, and it gave her a momentary shock. “Are you alright?” he sounded full of concern, and it was enough to melt Ha Na’s heart. By the seriousness he expressed through his tone of voice and mainly, his intense stare, she knew immediately that he was worried. “I’m just.. a bit tired. Sorry to have shouted just now.” Ha Na lowered her head. She felt her chin being raised up and her eyes met Myung Soo’s. “Don’t say sorry. That’s not your fault for being tired and not feeling well. So don’t excuse yourself for that.” He flashed her a dazzling smile. “Let’s go walk a bit to release the accumulated stress. I, too, haven’t spent a good day.” Myung Soo grabbed her petite hand and led the way to the school’s gate.

   “Oppa, I don’t have time to even hang out today. I need to finish a project for tomorrow at the library.” Ha Na told him, “I don’t want to disturb you so you go and spend some time with Ho Won. I know you aren’t hanging out with him as often as before because you spend all of your time with me. It makes me feel guilty.” She timidly confessed. The second after, she let out a small shriek of pain. “Yah! Why did you flick my forehead?! It hurts!” she rubbed the sore spot and pouted at her boyfriend. “Pabo.” Myung Soo waved his head disapprovingly. “I’m your boyfriend, spending time with you is normal! Why are you thinking like this? I might misunderstand you if you think this way.” “No don’t misunderstand! Ok. I won’t think like this anymore.” Ha Na hurriedly replied. Myung Soo chuckled at his girlfriend’s cute reaction. “At which library do you want to go? I’m accompanying you.” She was about to protest, “And I don’t take a ‘no’ as an answer. Now, let’s go!”

---

When Ha Na had finished her project, she felt like a heavy weight was lifted off her shoulders. She got up and yawned. Myung Soo was supposed to be doing his homework. However, when Ha Na threw a glance at him, she saw him with closed eyes. “I knew he would fell asleep.” She chuckled.

°Oh, it's so great.° she thought as an evil smirk appeared on her face. She took her phone out and snapped a picture of him, “I’m keeping it for myself!” Myung Soo looked adorable on it. She stuffed her phone back in her pocket to feign she was only stretching.

°Myung Soo is really handsome.° she studied his face and leaned closer to take a better look of his facial features. °Is he asleep for real?° She waved a hand in front of him, but totally regretted her gesture. She got the biggest heart attack she ever had when he had suddenly grabbed her moving hand. No sounds came out from . She was too astounded to even gasp.  The closeness of their faces had reddened her cheeks as she jerked backwards and coughed in awkwardness.

   “Is my face that flawless?” Myung Soo started teasing her and she knew she had no issue. It was indeed her who was staring closely at him. Ha Na just smiled as she thought of a counter-attack. “Of course it is. Don’t boast about yourself too much though, I was checking if you hadn’t hidden pimples.” Myung Soo got taken aback. Ha Na went to back-hug him and kissed him on the cheek. “And I checked it well, your skin is perfect.” She eye-smiled. “You are my handsome boyfriend, saranghae.