Stage 5: Tolerance

Strangers, again.

Stage 5: Tolerance

Mikayla and I hit the stage that surprised me the most. I guess it's called the "Tolerance" stage. It kind of disappointed me, because the girl I was madly in love with a year ago, had now turned into someone that wasn't that special to me anymore. I never saw it coming, but I guess this is what life has to throw at us.

 
 
*  *  *
 
I was cleaning the fridge today, getting rid of all the left over pizza from a week ago, when she came in. How did I know? She stomped right into the kitchen.
 
"I'm so tired." she complained. "Don't even ask me about my day."
 
"I won't." I mumbled quietly.
 
Mikayla leaned against the counter. "The waiters tried to get me fired. Don't they know my parents own the coffee shop? I could get them fired! Anyway, where do you want to eat tonight?"
 
I fixed my posture, and sighed. "Uh, wherever you want Kayla."
 
Mikayla growled. She was definitely aggravated. "I asked you didn't I? Can't you just pick a place, so we can eat?"
 
"Just be flexible, Kayla. So, you pick." I said, pushing all the pizza boxes down in the garbage bag.
 
She sighed, and grabbed her jacket. "Seriously, Jay? What are you five? You always have to have someone tell you what to do!"
 
Usually, I would let that go, but I had a bad day at work too. I followed her into the living room. "What'd you just say?"
 
"You heard me!" she glared.
 
"You think you're the only one having a bad day Mikayla? Seriously, you're so selfish sometimes." I yelled.
 
"Me selfish? Oh, please Jay. You must be delusional!" she started to walk away, but I spun her around.
 
"We're not finished here." I said, angrily.
 
"Well, I am. I already know what you're going to say." Mikayla replied, coldly.
 
*  *  *
 
As you can see, being arguing is one thing, but being dissatisfied and unhappy is another. Mikayla and I tried so hard to fix things and make changes, but that wasn't enough. Our relationship wasn't bad, but it wasn't that great either. Trust me, that was not a good way to describe a relationship.
 

 
Wow, this is REALLY short, but I hope you guys enjoyed it :)
 
 
 
 Comment and Subscribe please. It would mean a lot <333.