Stage 4: Comfortable

Strangers, again.

 

Mikayla and I sat on the couch, while I flipped through the many channels. I guess you could say we were in the "Comfortable" stage of our relationship. It wasn't that bad, since we could act like ourselves. Some couples tend to use it in a positive way. 
 
They continued to work at their relationship, maturing together, and learning new things. Other couples used the "Comfortable" stage to make distance. Sad isn't it? Though, for Mikayla and I, we took each other for granted.
 
*  *  *
 
I knocked on Mikayla's door all ready for our day at the park. She opened the door, and she was dressed in her pajamas. I frowned.
 
"Why aren't you dressed, Kayla? We were going to the park, remember?" I said, kind of disapointed.
 
"Sorry, Jay. I'm really tired, and I have other things to do today. Can we go next week?" Mikayla slightly pouted.
 
"Ahh, okay." I said. "I'll see you then."
 
*  *  *
 
Ring. Ring. Ring.
 
"Aren't you going to get that?" Taec asked, eyes glued to the TV, as we played Mortal Combat.
 
"I'll call her back after this level," I answered, my eyes also glued to the TV. "Take that!"
 
"Jay! C'mon!" Taec whined.
 
*  *  *
 
Weather it's taking each other for granted, or people changing over time. The truth of the matter is , someone stops trying, and feelings aren't as strong as before. For some couples, this could happen within a few months, even years, but for us, it took one and a half years.
 

 

Wow, this is REALLY short, but I hope you guys liked it :)

 

 Comment and Subscribe please. It would mean a lot <333.