Intertwined 1.0

KrisYeol Story

An update, finally. I`m sorry to those who`s waiting for the update (as if..i think i`m losing readers~XD) I`ve been distracted, been busy and also been to Japan (like really, I went to Japan and I didn't bring my laptop). I supposed to update BEFORE Japan trip but things got out of control and yeah. Anyway, anothe rupdates is coming, and enjoy this first as I continued writing INTERWINED 2.0 (hopefully the ending)

Anyway, can you ignore all the grammatical mistakes and so,for now? mianhae.. wuuuu

enjoy reading..maybe?

--

(c) owner

Chanyeol swear he couldn’t concentrate since he met Kris. He was lost in his own world again. His past replayed again.With the empty stare at the monitor, he remembers the day when they still together. Talk about their future. Snuggled up on couch while watching their favorite movie but ending up having a in the middle of it. He smiled. Everything was perfect before the sudden break up.

“But chief. Let me go there.” BaekHyun`s voice snapped him back. He looks at his best friend, who in the middle of discussions with their chief. He lends out his ear.

“No, BaekHyun. You have another project and the deadline is just around the corner. I can’t let you do it. Let Chanyeol in charged this time.”

BaekHyun looked disappointed. Of course Chanyeol knew what caused it. BaekHyun is trying to protect him, from being hurt again. He walked to his cubicle. BaekHyun looked like he would growl any times now. His ears were red and he was biting his lips.

“Hey BaekHyun, it`s okay. Really. Let me do it.”

BaekHyun could feel his throat drying. His face was stiffening.  This is not what he had planned.

Chanyeol smiled as if he understands and indicate that he knew what BaekHyun trying to do. This is his job. He and Kris can’t avoid the fate. They met at work.

Naturally.

The possibility of meeting up cannot be avoided, especially the business matters.

--

Inside his car, ChanYeol read the contract again. The Wu Company still hasn’t decided to sign a deal with them or not, and it`s his duty to make sure that they managed to get the deal. And he also wanted to know the reason behind their break up. If only he could talk to Kris, face to face. Ever since their first meeting, Kris seemed to avoid him. In every discussion between the two companies, he never attends it.  

He stepped out when he saw Kris`s secretary walking toward him. They`ve spoken on the phone an hour earlier and she asked him to meet her personally on one of the sites.

 “I`m so sorry for asking you to come on site and not in the office, but I couldn’t make it. With Mr. Wu`s absence, things really gotten pretty busy.” She apologized.

“No, no. It`s fine. It`s no trouble at all. You`re like super secretary, I`m impressed .Running here and there. Normal secretary just sit at the office.” He praised her for her good work.

Her face reddens upon the compliment.  “It`s not that. Mr.Wu doesn’t really trust people easily. So, when he`s not around, he entrusted me with the responsibility for patrolling the sites. I`ve been working for him for the past seven years and trust me, it was hard at first. “She said.

Tell me about it. It was hard to get him too. Chanyeol couldn’t stop smiling as he remembers everything he did just to get Kris`s attention at college. Such a cold city guy like Kris finally confessed after all the hard work he did and he couldn’t be happier. He knew the first time he meet Kris, he has become Kris`s prisoner. He proudly called himself as Kris`s prisoner of love.

“Now, let`s get down to business. Mr.Wu has told me that he was interested in your company proposal.  And he also apologizes because he couldn’t personally meet your people.  If you just give me the document, I`ll give it to him by today and-“

A vibration from her phone disturbs their conversation "Sorry, I need to take this."

Chanyeol raised up his palms and nodded. Seeing the changing of her expression after answered it, he then volunteered to give it to Kris personally.

“Really? That would be great. I`ll jotted down his address.”

 

**

His GPS send him right in front of Kris`s house. He never knows where he live, Kris was such a secretive about his family. Chanyeol stood on the front porch in front of Kris`s door. He is forcing himself to make a serene smile to his face before he knocked. 

He rang the doorbell.

A few second later, the door knob was turned and Kris stood there, with a pale face and looks extremely tired. Chanyeol stares at him like he was a stranger.

“You? I thought-“ Kris looked outside, searching for his secretary.

“Y-Yeah.” He coughed. “Yoona was busy and I volunteered to send this by myself. It`s very important and I really need this document by today, so…”

“Okay.” Kris said, “Come on in.” He told Chanyeol to wait for a while and he excused himself to the bathroom.

Chanyeol sat on the sofa and placed down the document he had earlier on the coffee table while waiting for Kris. He looks at his surroundings. It looks like a normal apartment, but it was lonely, that is what comes out of his head. He notices there`s plenty of bottles of medicines on the kitchen counter. Kris too looks sick.

Is he okay? He looks very pale.

He never thought Kris Wu, his ex boyfriend would live like this. He stood up and walked to the counter and examined the names of each medicine. He looked at the descriptions, none of it sounds familiar to him.

Cystic… Fibrosis… He looked at the bathroom with a confused expression drawing on his face.

            Kris stares while standing in front of the sink.. He was shocked by Chanyeol`s sudden visit. He could hear the pounding of his heart.  He was this close to hug his ex when he opens the door and at the same moment, he fought the urge to run to the living room and hug Chanyeol, as fast as his leg could propel him to tell him that he`s really missing him.

 He shocked his head, “Get real, Kris. Remember your condition. You were just going to hurt him and yourself if you act like this.” He the cold faucet and splashed his face with handfuls of cold water. His lungs get really tight; it's hard to breathe normally. He turned off the tap and staring back at his reflection. Droplets of water ran down his cheek before falling into the sink.

Kris stared at his reflection in the mirror His eyes were bloodshot red, his hair was a mess, and he didn’t even shave for a week.

“You look like , Kris” this sickness, he added silently.

When he walked into the living room, he found no one was there. He looked around and found Chanyeol in the kitchen, with his medicine bottles in his hand. He rushed and confiscates the bottle from him.

“What are you doing? I thought I said to wait for me in the living room!”

Chanyeol surprised by his action, stumbled back. “Kris, I… I…” Good Chanyeol, you stumbled.  he thought.

Kris looked very angry, he shook his head, “You what? Rummage through my stuff? Like a ing stalker?”

Chanyeol stared down at the floor. He never thought Kris would be this mad. He had never seen his look at him this way; it was different than the Kris he used to know. Kris`s stares, makes he felt like he`s a criminal. It tore his heart; he wanted to explain, to say something-to get rid of that look.

“I… I was just looking around. I didn’t mean to rummage this or… I…” he is trying to explain but his throat tightened.

“Leave. Just leave.” Kris shook his head and looked away. His expression was unreadable. He kept the bottle close to his chest.

“No. What medicine is that? What is Cystic Fibrosis? Tell me, Kris. Are you sick?”

“I said leave.”

“But…”

“LEAVE!”

--

            ChanYeol was lying on the floor of his living room, while BaekHyun (who always came during the weekend) on the sofa watching Girl`s Generation performing on Inkigayo. None of it interests Chanyeol. It`s been three days since he met Kris and he can’t get Kris out of his mind. He has never seen Kris looking so pale and gets angry over small things like the medicine bottles. He understood people might change after seven years, but he knows Kris better. He is not the type who will lose temper over the medicine bottles. He sat up and messed with his hair.

“What it is? You distracted me.” BaekHyun lowered the volume.

“Hey Baekkie. Can people change dramatically after several years? I mean, their look, their characteristic may changed, right? But it doesn’t make sense when people could lose their temper over small things that aren’t important.” He said.

“Who?” BaekHyun stared. He sounds slightly jealous. Ofcourse he knew whom the latter mean.

“Just a friend of mine. I met him yesterday and I’m kind of looking into his stuff and he was very upset with me. But it seemed ridiculous and I`m so confused because he wasn’t like himself.” Chanyeol said, irritation evident in his voice, but he`s trying his best not to let BaekHyun feel suspicious about who he was talking about. He has upsets BaekHyun enough and he don’t want to upset him more.

BaekHyun stand up and made his way to the kitchen to get a drink. “I don’t know. It depends on the individual. Did it...” he paused. “Upset you? That your friend has changed?”

Chanyeol looked up, and pouts. He glanced down and blew out his cheeks, “I don’t know. To be honest, it feels odd.” He whispered. “Anyway, have you ever heard about Cystic Fibrosis?”

“Cy- what? You know I`m not good with science related, right? Stop asking me such a weird question.”

Chanyeol listened and lay back down. “I will Google-d it later.”

Kris`s condition worries him. He still cared for Kris, no matter how long they have separated. The moment he meets Kris after seven years, his heart sparks again. He wants Kris. But he was afraid, to showed it, especially to BaekHyun.

“Okay.” BaekHyun replied, coldly, staring at the glass in his hand.

--

His footsteps fastened as he stormed into Kris`s office. Yoona, Kris`s secretary couldn’t stop him from entering the office.

“Sir, you can`t just enter-” She tried to stop him but being pushed away.

Chanyeol open the door and stand in the doorway. Kris startled by the sudden visit, glanced at him.

Yoona gasped, “ I`m sorry, Mr.Wu. I`ve tried to stop him, but-” she was stuttering.

Kris puts down his sunglasses and raises his palm. “It`s okay, Yoona. I will handle him.”

His secretary nodded and leaves the room. Kris tries to look as calm as he can. He knows the exact reason why the latter was here. 

“I was wondering when you will be coming here. You left your document at my house.” He pointed to the brown envelope next to his laptop, acting like nothing happened. “Before you start talking, please close the door. Enough with all the commotions you created just now, I don’t want my employers to feel disturbed anymore.”

Chanyeol bite down his lower lips, his heart full of rage seeing Kris acted like he doesn’t care about his visit.  “Idiot.” He said.

Kris is still typing on his laptop.

“Kris Wu, you`re an idiot! ing idiot! Why didn’t you tell me about your illness? Why did you make me look like a fool?”

Kris stops and glanced.

“What do you want? If you want to swear me out, you can choose some other time. I`m a very busy man, you know. And again, this is an office. If you want to talk about personal matters, set up an appointment and maybe if I`m not too busy, we can meet outside. Depend on my schedule.”

Chanyeol`s eyes tearing up. “I just want to know the truth. Are you sick, Kris? That medicines I saw back in your house, they`re yours? Are you suffering from the Cystic Fibrosis disease? Did you leave me 7 years ago because of your sickness? Tell me, Kris.” He moves forward to his desk. He looked into internet last night about the Cystic Fibrosis and it hit him that maybe, Kris left him seven years ago because of the sickness.  At least he wanted to think that way. He knows he`s probably seemed very desperate, but there is no way he will stop now.

Kris stops typing and chuckled. “What? I don’t know what you are talking about, Mr. Park. As far as I concerned, that`s personal and has nothing to do with business. If you don’t have other important things to discuss with me, please leave.” He`s pointing to the door.

Shocked by his response, Chanyeol take one step backward. “Why are you being like this? Why are you so cold to me?  Ever since I meet you, I can’t stop thinking about you. Thinking what has went wrong, but I don’t get it. Why are you leaving me? Why are you pushing me away? I need a reason.”

Kris pushed on the intercom button. “Yoona, get in here. I think Mr. Park here, don’t have any business here.”

Chanyeol feel a flash of irritation from Kris. It’s like he doesn’t welcome him. In his life, anymore.  “I know how to walk out. You don’t have to call up your secretary.” He grabbed the door knob and paused for a while before turning back to Kris. There`s a smile on his face. “You can chase me out here or any other places. But I won't give up. I have lost you before and I`m not going to lose you again. There`s no easy way to get rid of me and I think you know it.” He showed his determination and Kris has nowhere else to escape.

Kris sighed after Chanyeol left. “That idiot. All I did was to protect him.” He rubbed his chest. “Why it is so hard to fall out of your love, Park Chanyeol?”

--

When BaekHyun entering Chanyeol`s apartment, he was shocked seeing the latter was packing a couple of clothes and few sanitary belonging into his backpack. Trying to calm himself, he walked into the kitchen and placed down the bucket of fried chicken he bought together with him on the kitchen counter.

“What are you doing, Yeollie?” he looks wary.

“Packing up my stuff.”

“I can see that, but why?” he approaches and sat next to Chanyeol.

Chanyeol stops his doing, looking anywhere but BaekHyun. Clearly he`s trying to avoid looking at him. He made up his mind, even though it will hurt BaekHyun the most. He knows BaekHyun always waited for him, for a long time, but he can’t lie anymore.

“Chanyeol…” BaekHyun can’t resist keeping asking.

He hesitates. “I`m going to Kris`s house for a couple of days. I feel like I should be with him. He needed…me.”

Baekhyun`s expression changed. He has a shock and disbelief on his face, causing Chanyeol to feel a bit guilty.

“Needed you? Did he…ask you to go there?”

“No, he`s not even know about this,” Chanyeol zipped up his bag. “I made my own decision. He has to accept me, whether he liked it or not.”

There`s silence.

“Okay.”

BaekHyun stood up. His simple answer hovers in the air, leaving Chanyeol with a deep guilt.

“Aren’t you going to ask me anything? You`re not going to ask me what is the reason?”

Slumped down on the couch, BaekHyun bite down his lips, trying to be calm, “Will that change anything? You were not going to listen to me anyway. And why should I ask a question that I already know the answer?” he half whispers, disappointed.

 “BaekHyun, I didn’t mean to disappoint you-” He`s trying to explain but BaekHyun chipped in.

“I can pretend that you`re not thinking about Kris all this year. I can pretend that you were trying to understand my feeling and learned to love me. But I seriously can’t understand why are you being like this? I thought I knew you and it seems that I`m wrong. He left you, making your life miserable and now, you`re telling me, you`re going back to him? Don’t you remember who`s there for you? Don’t you remember your suffering when he left?” Baekhyun snapped.

“I believe he has his own reason why he left before. I think I know why .Baekkie, I know I`m being selfish. I know you were there for me, and I love you, I really do. You`re my best friend, and amongst all people, I know you would understand why I did this.” He says after a while pause. It was a bit unfair for BaekHyun to bring that up. He was in a mess and still shocked when Kris suddenly leaves him before. BaekHyun cannot blame him for that. He was unprepared and ended up blaming his own self. He was the reason for his own suffering. But that was then, when he still doesn't know the truth. He will enter Kris’s life, again, whether he likes it or not.

“I`m done.” He carried the bag and walk to the front door. “Just lock the door when you`re leaving and I`ll see you at the office, ok?”

Chanyeol know he`s being selfish and BaekHyun is very hurt right now, but he need to be with Kris now.

--

            Kris was still sleeping when the doorbell starts ringing non-stop. He pulled up his blanket and tries to ignore it. However, it's become more and more annoying and he ended up throwing the blanket and starts kicking the air. He looked at the time on his phone and he`s grumping. The bell keeps ringing as it getting annoyed him.

“ing annoying retarded person! Ugh! I`m coming!”  Kris jumped off his bed and walk lazily to the front door.  “This better be good, or I`ll seriously kill the one who disturbs my sleep.” He mumbles before open the door.

“Good Morning! I brought breakfast!” Chanyeol pushes him right after he opened the door.

“What the-. What are you doing here?”

“May I come in?” Chanyeol asked after stepping inside. He ignores Kris`s question and made himself at home.

Kris followed his visitor, trying to get an explanation. “Yah! What are you doing here? Answer me!”

Chanyeol put down the breakfast at the dining table and start wonders around. “Aigoo, look at this mess. You should open this up and let the fresh air in.” he opened all the windows in the living room. “I`m suffocated.”

Feeling a bit irritated by his action, Kris stepped forward and grabbed Chanyeol`s arm. “ Hey, don’t ignored me! I`m asking you, what are you doing in here?”

As he was pulled backward, his tone and his palm hoarse against Kris`s cheek.

“Gosh, I really want to do that for a long time.” He smiled while staring at his hand. Of course rage filled his chest, anger almost manipulated himself. He wanted to do more, hitting or maybe punching Kris all his might but he can’t.” I`m doing the right thing. For both of us.”

Holding his cheek, Krissighing “What are you talking about? We’re over. Now please leave.”

“No,Kris. You`re over. Not me. You`re the one who`s giving up on us. You`re the one who`s leaving, remember?” Chanyeol glanced at his former lover.

Feels like a big rock has fallen on his head, Kris loses his words.

“If you think we’re over, then fine. But I`m not going to leave you.  I`m going to stay, whether you like it or not. Because you know what, Wu Yi Fan?” He cornered Kris to the dining table until the taller one got nowhere to move. “You need me.” Chanyeol whispered it closer, with their lips almost touching each other. Kris closed his eyes as Chanyeol`s warm breath touches his skin.

“You…” He sighed, and continued, “Just don’t know when to stop, right?”

 Chanyeol pulled himself away from Kris, adjusting his t-shirt, “Nope. Now, wash yourself and we`ll have breakfast together.”

Kris just watched. Can he stop Chanyeol before he gets hurt?