Intertwined

KrisYeol Story

ChanYeol

I saw him lying on his bed, eyes staring at the wall on his side. He looked troubled since he came back from his house today. I couldn’t asked him what`s wrong but I know it’s not the wall he`s staring at. He has that apology face when he took a peek and I know it`s not good. I`ve seen that face before.

“Kris.” I called for his name again.

He did not answer me.

“Kris.” I called again.

“…”

“Kris Wu Yi Fan, you know I hate when you ignore me, right? So, turned your face around and answer me.” I decided to be strict and rose up my voice a little bit. It`s hurt when he ignores me like this. It pained me.

He shifted himself into sitting position without turning to me. There you go. The Wu Yi Fan is here.

“What`s wrong?” I asked.

“Nothing.”

I should be angry, right? Yes, I should.  But from my study table, he look…lonely and sad. “Tell me.”

He sighed. I can hear him letting go of heavy breath.

“We… This...Let`s stop.”

“What?”

Maybe I just heard wrong. Maybe. “Kris, if this a joke, it`s not funny, okay?” I swear I will laugh if he said yes. I will, for real. Please say it was a joke.

Kris

I couldn’t face him. I just can’t. Even after said it.

“Kris, if this a joke, it`s not funny, okay?”

I wish it was a joke, but it`s not. It pained me to say it but I know we need to end this.

I turn my back and look at him. Tears streamed down his cheek. I must do it.

"Park Chanyeol. Let`s break up."

--

A continues knocks on the door don’t seem bother him at all. He was lying on his bed, staring at the ceiling. He`s been crying for the past week. He cried as soon as he opened his eyes in the morning or before sleep. He cried when he think about Kris. He cried when he look at the pile of Kris`s clothes on the floor. He cried when he checks up on his phone and received nothing from Kris. He missed him. He missed his presence. He missed his moment with Kris. He missed to dance with Kris on weekend. He hates dancing but he did it because of Kris. He missed how Kris peek a kiss when he was in the middle of saying something. He always calling it as ‘rude’ but now he missed those rude interruptions. He sometimes, sit on the floor leaned by the wall, wearing Kris`s clothes because he missed him so much. He does everything because he missed his ex.

“It`s all disappear...” he murmured the word, repeatedly. He cried again. His stomach tightens and gives him so much pain.

The knocking stopped and replaced with sound of key being inserted into the keyhole. The door opened.

“CHANYEOL!” BaekHyun couldn’t control himself from rose up his voice. He was pissed off by Chanyeol`s childish act these days. “Wake up, idiot! Why are you being like this? Are you stupid or what? Skipped our discussion, ditched your job for the whole week. What happened to you?” He shakes his shoulder.

Chanyeol wiped his eyes. Whole week? It’s been whole week?

“He left...” he rolled his body onto ball shaped. His arm wrapped around his body. He was wearing Kris`s shirt. The only things that belong to Kris still remain there. “My heart is so much in pain.”

Baekhyun noticed the wounds on his wrist. “Chanyeol. Are you cutting yourself?” Chanyeol pulled his hand away. Baekhyun look around the room. He felt emptiness. His eyes laid on Chanyeol, and rubbed his hair gently.

“Is this parting is just a dream? I`m so tired, Baekhyun. I missed him. I missed Kris. It`s only been a week and I feel like dying. W-what will happen to me later? Why did he breaking up with me? What did I do wrong? I can’t really tell...”

Pulling the latter up, in sitting position, he sat in front of him. “Chanyeol. Listen. You`ve got to be strong. I know, this is hard and so much pain for you. I can tell. But you`ve got to keep moving on. Don’t let this break up weakened you.”

Narrowed his eyes, Chanyeol bit the flesh inside his mouth. “But I loved him. Why did he breaking up with me? What is wrong with me, Baekhyun? He said we`ll be together forever. He said he won’t leave me.” He cries. “Can I really begin to live again like this? I can’t even forget him. Each times I closed my eyes, I saw Kris. I longed for him. I fel...I don’t feel like living. Is this what he had hoped for me to become?”

Clenched his fist, Baekhyun couldn’t stand to listened to his whining anymore, “Maybe you should start to see what`s in front of you rather than thinking about someone who completely happy and living his life without even give any ing thought about you anymore. Why are you being like this? I can’t understand you. You act like a ing fool!” He cannot take it anymore. He was sad, he was hurt. He know Chanyeol has turned him down, but seeing the one he once loved acting like this, hurt him even more.

“Don’t you dare to accused on Kris! You don’t know him, you just being jealous of us! You always jealous over us! Because I choose him, because I loved him! Hah! I bet you`re the happiest person right now, because we`ve broke up, right? Assho-“

Before he could finish his sentence, Baekhyun swings his fist and hit his cheek causing Chanyeol to fall from his bed to the floor.

Looking in front of him, Chanyeol started to realize, shocked on what had just happened. He snapped out into reality. He bring his knees on his chest and cover his face with his hands, Chanyeol cried. He was completely losing himself and he is hurting his best friend`s feeling.

“I`m leaving. Call me when you`re feeling better.” Baekhyun turn his back.

“Can’t you...” his voice cracked. “Just not leave? I really don’t want to be like this.”

“Huh? Like what?”

“Like a ing fool.” The tears flowing down his cheeks “Don’t leave me…”

BaekHyun

He is sad. The one that turned down my confession is crying in front of me. I wish I could hold him in my arms and tell him that everything just going to be fine. But I couldn’t stop being jealous when he keep talking about Kris. I punched him.

“I`m leaving. Call me when you`re feeling better.” He must hate me by now.

“Can’t you just not leave yet? I really don’t want to be like this.” I sighed. I should leave. My heart still broken, I don’t know if I could throw away this feeling if I stay.

“Huh? Like what?” I ended up asking him that question.

“Like a ing fool. Don’t leave me…” He extends out his hand, with the look on his face, asking me to reach out for him…and I did.

Looking at him now, I wish I can make him smile and take him to the place he belongs to be. My arms. He was sleeping now, but he`s having a nightmares. He keeps calling for Kris. That ing Kris Wu Yi Fan. I wonder if Chanyeol can forget him or not. I love him so much that sometimes I feel my heart would burst. I love him since the first day I meet him, but everything change when we met Kris.

I`ll hold the secret until the day I died.

 

7 years later

 Seven years quickly flew by and by seven years Chanyeol haven’t heard any news about Kris. Not even single news. Being 29 and still a bachelor, Chanyeol drew lots of attention wherever he goes. With his height and handsome face, he looks more matured than he was seven years ago. Nothing has changed, especially his feeling toward Kris. He still remembered him, more or less. And he know, the feeling still there, he just ignored it and live his life.

“Yo, BaekHyun!” He waved his hand up in the air.

“You`re late, giant” He rolled his eyes.

“Shut up. I was-“he looked at his wrist watch, “30 minutes late. Well, that`s a new record. The fastest one for the past seven years. I`m happy.” He grinned, with the same grin just like the younger version of him.

Baekhyun smiled too. He was surprised at extend of the changes of Chanyeol. He still remembers how bad he was especially after Kris left. Chanyeol being busy and couldn’t really spend much time with him but that’s probably because he wanted to get rid of having thought of Kris. Yeah, even after seven years, Baekhyun know he couldn’t replaced Kris position in Chanyeol`s heart. He should stop but he doesn’t really care. Even though Chanyeol always claimed that he was over Kris, his eyes never lie. There is still sadness in his eyes.

“Still, you are late. If this was a business meeting, you`ll lost your customer.” He nagged.

Chanyeol pouts, “I understand, ‘daddy’. But if this was a business meeting, I know I won’t lose it. It is because, I got you. You`re going to called me, and looked after me, to make sure I arrived on time, right? You took care of me like a father; of course I don’t have to worry. Daddy~”

“Stop it; you know I don’t want to be your ‘daddy’.” He stressed his tone.

“BaekHyun.”

“It`s been seven years already. And I still have to wait?”

Chanyeol look at his surroundings. He`ll be lying if he say he was not affected, but it’s not like Baekhyun do it on purpose. There is something he or Baekhyun cannot control.

“Don’t…”  His eyes back on the menu.

BaekHyun tried to hold himself from growling and clenched his fist. “ I-I`m sorry. I shouldn’t…”

“It`s not your fault. I know what you are trying to say, BaekHyun. I know, but I can’t.” Chanyeol narrowed his eyes. He felt guilty. BaekHyun has been there for a long time and he know how the latter feel about him. But he could not accept it. “Forgive me.”

A silence strikes.

BaekHyun was shaking his head and waving his hand to the waitress. “Forget it. Let`s order first and then we will discussed about our upcoming deal with Wu Company.” He returned coolly.

Chanyeol shrugged, nodding whiles his hand twirling with his fork.Hyu

 

--

His chest feels suffocated. Working entire day without having any sleep had required all strength he had. The upcoming deal is so important to his company and family, he must do excellent. From his sideway glance, his eyes laid on the picture frame on his table. The picture of a younger version of him and him taken seven years ago.

I…Miss you.

He closed his eyes, resting for a while.

“Mr.Wu, your coffee.” His secretary placed down the mug on the table. “Less sugar and creamy.”

“Sounds perfect, thanks.” He said.

“Your meeting with two representatives from Miracle Mall will start in 10 minutes, sir. They have arrived and waiting for you in the MR.” She gave him his latest schedule and few more notes. He nodded and memorized them.

“Thank you, Yoona.” He takes a sip of his coffee and prepared all the related documents before headed to the meeting room.

Chanyeol stuck the tip of his thumb into his mouth. He felt nervous because this is his first time dealing with such a big company and he was hoping that they will succeed on getting the deal.

“Feeling nervous?” BaekHyun smiled.

“No. Yes. I don’t really know.” He stuttered. “But I feel butterflies. And it .”

BaekHyun chuckled. “Just relax. Be confident and it will end smoothly.”

Before Chanyeol could reply, the door was opened. Both of them quickly stand. Chanyeol buttoned his blazer, straightened his posture and tidied his short black hair.

“Gentlemen, I apologize for being late. Have a seat.”

Chanyeol`s heart jumped as he heard the deep voice. He saw the blonde hair and that familiar face and he`s stumbling.

Kris

I entered the meeting room and apologize for arriving quite late. As soon as I stepped inside, I saw him. That familiar face. He was too, shocked and stumbling.

“P-Park ChanYeol?”

After seven years, the name slipped my lips.

Chanyeol

My heart aches as soon as I hear he said my name. I wonder what has caused the pain. After seven years, I meet him again. And I heard him calling my name again.

That voice…that I have missed.

“K-Kris..Kris Wu?” I whispered.

BaekHyun

I could feel my whole body shivering. How can I be so clumsy this time? I clenched my fist for my stupidity. I should investigate on the company before coming here. I know the “Wu” name on the company sound too suspicious.

I`ve let my guard down.

I couldn’t help but feeling anger and jealous. After all this years and after all I have done, they meet up, again. I looked at Chanyeol and I saw his eyes become livelier, again.

.

 

Author Notes: Herro! So this one shot is for Chanyeol`s Birthday. I decided to make it special this time (not so special tho)

This one shot has one two  different endings : Sad Ending and Happy Ending. After writing the ending, I decided to just do one ending~ too much work to do if I do two different endings~ lol.

I`ll post the sad ending first and then the happy ending. There aren't much going to change but the ending will be different.

 Yeah...erm..right...my english and grammar is and once again, please try to ignore the mistakes. I`m sorry for that,okay? I`m trying to change my writing style..but yeah...it still bad tho... :(