Message 2

Messages

 



 

Kyuhyun stared emptyly at his laptop screen, fingers settled down on the keyboard. He keep hitting the backspace tab, typing something and erased it back once again.

 

Kyuhyun let out heavy sigh. "How on earth I should start this?" He asked the air. His left hand took the frame next to his computer. "How am I going to tell you to move on?" He said, caressing Hyukjae's picture on the frame. He had taken the frame from Siwon, an act he always did whenever anyone requested him to be someone else. Kyuhyun had tried to be Donghae, like he used to do to his other client, but he didn't know why, his own heart was arching whenever he started something and sounded like Donghae.

 

"Just tell me what to do now, Donghae?" He whispered, closing his eyes, relaxing his body on the chair. "I'm stuck with this."

 

Hyukjae just lied down lifelessly on their bed, on his and Donghae's bed. Donghae's bed finally kicked in his senses, sending him to a pit of misery. The room was in mess, a result of Hyukjae throwing away everything. Some bounced on the wall and broke, some lying down on the floor, just like him.

 

Ringing coming from the phone keep being ignored by Hyukjae. He didn't want to pick it up. He didn't want to listening to anyone anymore. He just want to shut down completely. Ignoring his meals, ignoring the constant ringing on the phone, ignoring the banging on the door. He just wanted a silent. 

 

"Hyukkie..." A silk female voice called. Hyukjae could heard gasp from the front door, and a sound of keys being put on the counter. "Hyukkie... where are you?" The voice called once again.

 

Hyukjae just shut his eyes, not making any effort to replied to the owner of the silk voice.

 

"Oh my God. Hyukkie... are you okay?" The silk voice owner asked, quickly put his lying head on her laps. "Hyukkie.. please don't be like this." Hyukjae's eyes opened when he could feel something wet down his face. He opened his eyes and was greeted with his noona's crying face.

 

"Hi, noona..." He whispered weakly, hand slowly moved to his noona's face, wiping away the tears from his noona's face. Sora cried getting louder by the hurt look Hyukjae present to her. "Noona... stop crying..." He said weakly. 

 

Sora stopped from crying ten minutes afterwards, trying hard to put Hyukjae in sitting position. "I need to get you something to eat. How long have you let yourself starving?" 

 

"Don't mind me, Noona." Hyukjae said, trying to get back to his lying position.

 

"Don't." Sora said, blocking Hyukjae from lying back. "You're coming with me. We going to eat at mom's." Sora said, taking out decent clothes for Hyukjae to wear. Hyukjae reluctanly followed his noona's order. 

 

"One Americano, and one slice of black forest." The cashier said, repeating Kyuhyun's order. "Is that all?"

 

"Yes." Kyuhyun said, taking the receipt with him and sat down to a corner place. He let out sighs, still burdened with the fact that he still couldn't fulfill his client's wish.

 

"A young man like you shouldn't sigh." An old man said, putting the newspaper he was reading on the table. Kyuhyun turned his attention towards the voice, bowing his head in apologize. The old man wore off his glasses and turned his attention to Kyuhyun. "What is your problem, young man?"

 

Usually, Kyuhyun would be really annoyed if someone demanding to bother in his business. But this old man giving him an aura, that makes him talk to him. And Kyuhyun swore he had seen the same eyes on certain red-head, but he couldn't figure whom.

 

"So that's all." Kyuhyun said, ending his tale story to the old man. The old man just humped, carefully choosing his words to be said to Kyuhyun.

 

"You know, young man." The old man started. "Your job is really disrespectful to the still alive one. But at the same part, your job is helping the death one. Of course, everyone wanted someone whom had lose a person their dearly loved to move on. Even the dead man seek for the same." He said, wiping his glasses using his shirt. "But what if the still alive one who had refused to move on?" He asked, looking at the now fluttered Kyuhyun.

 

"I.... I didn't have answer for that." Kyuhyun admit.

 

"Of course you didn't." The old man laughed. "Your job is obviously siding the death more. I'm not saying that your job is a sin. No. It just a part of your job was angelic, but another part of your job is demonish. Sending the dead one message to his beloved one, that 's nice. But pretending yourself as the death one will send their beloved to devastated." He commented. "Is there any possible way for you to actually telling the alive about the death's wishes?" He asked and Kyuhyun shook his head. "I see." He took a deep breath. "Well then, since like there's nothing else you could do about it. And since the death has appointed you to fulfill their wishes, you should do it in respect of them."

 

Kyuhyun nodded, taking the advice to his heart. The old man patted his shoulder, encouraging him. Kyuhyun showed him a small smile. 

 

"Oh Hyukjae.. you come." The old man said, greeting the new persons coming inside the cafe. Kyuhyun's eyes widened when he saw the red-head coming inside and marching to them.

 

.. .. .. Kyuhyun cursed himself. I'm not ready yet.

 

"Father." Hyukjae greeted, nodded at Kyuhyun in acknowledge. Kyuhyun just watched the old man patting Hyukjae's shoulder. The lady who was after Hyukjae had long gone inside, leaving Hyukjae with his father, with Kyuhyun in the middle.

 

"Everything will be fine, son." Hyukjae's father said and walked to the inside, leaving Hyukjae and Kyuhyun alone.

 

"Err..hi." Kyuhyun said awkwardly. Hyukjae gave him a look and nodded his head, once again. "Okay..." Kyuhyun said, nodding his head to nothing. He's very hard to approach. 

 

The cashier from before brought Kyuhyun's order, saving him from the awkward atmosphere. The cashier put down a plate of cake Kyuhyun had ordered on the table. Kyuhyun nodded, muttering thank you to the cashier, earning a wink from the cashier that didn't escape from Hyukjae's predator eyes.  

 

"Mother really should not hired uneducated person as her worker." Hyukjae mumbled, comments after sending the cashier away with his dead glare. Kyuhyun lifted his head, looking at Hyukjae. "What?" Hyukjae snickered.

 

"You know, flirting with someone doesn't mean he or she wasn't educated." Kyuhyun said, softly. Hyukjae just rolled his eyes at the latter before spoke. 

 

"Of course. It because you're the one she flirted with. I know precisely a type like you. You just take what people offer, doesn't you?" Hyukjae said. 

 

"Hey. It wasn't nice to say something like that to a stranger." Kyuhyun said, pushing ahead his plate a little, already losing his appetite to enjoy the delicious cake. "Don't think that you're the only one had lost someone you loved in this world." Kyuhyun said, standing up and walked away from the cafe in anger. 

 

"Wha...." Hyukjae was left speechless. The guy whom he still didn't know what his name was already far away from the cafe. Hyukjae just sighed, and looked at the cake. "Its your favourite, Hae." He mumbled, eyes started to get teary. Before Hyukjae broke down in his mother's cafe, he wisely decided to get away from there, making his noona yelled his name over the counter. Ignoring his noona called, Hyukjae flagged a taxi, asking the driver to drive away, away from there. 

 

Kyuhyun's stomach gumbling. He was supposed to at least ate the cake as snack, before his favourite restaurant open up for him to digged in to their delicious meal. He crouched down when he feel the pain started to kick in on his stomach.

 

" appendix." He cursed. "I should have ask them to take away my cake. Waste my money, and now I'm suffering." He said. 

 

"Are you okay?" A passerby asked him. Kyuhyun lifted his head, only to be greeted by the worried looking face from the red head, before his world turned dark and he fall unconcious. But Kyuhyun could swear he was landing on a soft land, before he black out completely. 

 



 

I don't have feeling for this story anymore. Can I delete it?