Message 1

Messages

 



 

"Your number is 235, sir. Please wait there until your number being called." The lady behind the counter told him, pointed to the chair in front of her. Hyukjae nodded understand and took his seat at the chair. He was waiting nervously till his name being called by another lady.

 

"235." The lady on the counter called. Hyukjae walked to him, fidgetting on himself because the stare the lady had given to him. "Id please." The lady asked without even looking at him. Hyukjae nervously handed his ID to the lady, and the lady punch in his info to her computer. A printed sound startled Hyukjae, but the lady didn't even care. "Here's the certificate." She said and handed him an envelope to Hyukjae. "This is your invoice. Please make payment at that counter." She said and pointed to a counter near to the door.

 

"236." The lady called another number before Hyukjae even had the time to say thank you. Hyukjae quickly make his way as an old man queueing behind him, because his number had been called. 

 

"Hi." Hyukjae said to the man. "I was told to make payment here?"

 

"Yes." The man said. "Let me have your invoice first." The man said politely, but not looking at Hyukjae. Hyukjae handed the invoice to him. After the man key in some information on his computer, Hyukjae handed him the bill. 

 

"Be strong." The man said to Hyukjae, finally lifted his head up to have a look on Hyukjae. Hyukjae just nodded and rushed away from the building.

 

His legs felt weak. His eyes stungs. He know he at verge of crying. Hyukjae hopped inside his car, pressed on the pedal and his car went fast on the high way. Once he reached his house, he quickly unlocked the door and slammed it shut, slumping down on the couch. The envelope he received from the lady still at his hand.

 

With shaky hand, Hyukjae unsealed the envelope and checked the content.

 

                                  Certificate of Death.

Name of Deceased : Lee Dong Hae

Date of Death : ____________                                Hour of death: 0400 am

Age: 30 years old.                                                  : Male

Marital status : Single                                            

Cause of Death: Suffered from brain tumor

Place of Death : Seoul Hospital

 

Hyukjae read the content one by one, stopping at place of death as he can't continued more. His eyes finally let out the tears he had been holding. A loud sobs echoed inside the room.

 

Hyukjae let out all his tears that he had been holding from burst, since week Donghae had been acknowledge death.

 

***

 

"Lucky Charm Co. Ltd." A receptionist answered the phone. "Please hold on the line while I transfer you to Mr. Choi."

 

"Choi." A man answered his call. "Yes, Mr. Kim. Yes. I'm aware of it." He said calmly. "Oh? He had the certificate already?" He asked the other line. "Yes. I'll assigned my best man to carried on Mr. Lee's will. Yes. We will get into contact with him soon." He said. "Yes. We will. Thank you for alarming us. Have a nice day, Mr. Kim." He said ended the call.

 

He punched three keys on the phone and quickly being transfered to the one he intended to call. "Kyuhyun. Get in here."

 

"What?" Come a whiny Kyuhyun from his office. "I got lots of stuffs to do. You gave me lots of stuffds to do. So stop calling me." He whined and sat down the chair without even being asked for.

 

"Urgh, shut up, Kyuhyun." Siwon said. "Stop whining like a baby. Its your job to do all the jobs I gave you."

 

"I told you to hire more people, not depending on me only." He said, folded his arms to his chest. "I demand an increase on my salary for all this extra jobs I need to do."

 

"Oh, shut up." Siwon said and throw the tissue box to him. "You know I couldn't afford that. We just starting. The only workers here is me, you and Sulli, our receptionist. And she didn't even whined like you."

 

"Its because she dashed out at sharp 5." Kyuhyun said, still whining. "And I couldn't even get out from this office after 9. I'm going to die exhausted."

 

Siwon shook his head and pressed the intercom. "Sulli, can you bring in one coffee and another hot chocolate for this baby?" Kyuhyun threw glare to him when he heard Sulli chuckling from the line. "Thank you, Sulli. You're the best, love you."

 

"You never says thanks to me." He said, sulking. "And be careful of what you're saying to her, she married." He said and they stopped because they been interrupted by the knocked on the door.

 

"My husband won't mind." Sulli said and placed the cups on the table. "And I love you too, Mr. Choi." She said and giggled.

 

Kyuhyun scoffed at the lovey dovey act. "Last time I checked, your husband was roaring when he found you in awkward position with Siwon."

 

"Its because he was high on drugs." Sulli said, chuckling. "Don't worry Kyuhyun, besides my husband and Mr. Choi, I do love you too." She said and left the room.

 

"I don't need your love thank you very much." Kyuhyun shouted, perfectly know that Sulli heard him as he saw she was laughing outside. "So, what the reason you asked me to come in?" He asked, changing to professional tone.

 

"You know, one of my friend's brother just passed away." He said and took out a picture of two people. "The one in black hair, just recently. His name is Donghae." Siwon said, pointing to Kyuhyun which one is his friend's brother.

 

"So, the other one is your friend?" He asked. "They didn't look alike."

 

Siwon shook his head. "No, its his fiancee. Hyukjae." 

 

Kyuhyun eyed once again the person named Hyukjae. "Red-head."

 

Siwon nodded. "His personality just the same like his hair. You're getting good at reading people, Kyuhyun." He compliment and Kyuhyun smiled a bit. "Warm, bright, so lovely." Siwon said and smiled. "But I don't think he could cope with Donghae's death now." He said.

 

"So?"

 

"Donghae had his wish. He told me that he wanted to make Hyukjae live his life, just like his usual." Siwon said, Kyuhyun still looking at him foreign.

 

"He told me to always leave messages for Hyukjae." He said and Kyuhyun gasped.

 

"He's dead, Siwon." Kyuhyun said. "This is crazy."

 

"I know." Siwon said. "But this is his wishes." 

 

"But its like giving this poor guy false hope. Like your friend's brother is still alive. He's totally going to believe it that way." Kyuhyun objected.

 

"He didn't cry." Siwon said making Kyuhyun eyed him in confusion. "Hyukjae didn't cried ever since Donghae's death. Not even once." Siwon continued. "And this scared everyone."

 

"But still..."

 

"I don't know how, but somehow, I think, Donghae already foresee this. That's why he requested for me to do this for him." Siwon sighed. "Donghae said, by giving the message everyday, it will help Hyukjae to actually accept the fact that he's gone. I don't know how this going to work, but this is how Donghae explained to me." 

 

"And he said Hyukjae is different. He think differently from us. If we told him one thing, he did the opposite thing." Siwon added. "That's maybe the reason why he come up with this ideas."

 

Kyuhyun let out sighs. "Siwon, you're digging your own grave." Kyuhyun said. "You're still under Sulli's husband observation." He said and Siwon laughs.

 

"That... is something else." Siwon said, clearing his throat awkwardly. "And I'm not going to dig my own grave anymore." He said and Kyuhyun raised an eyebrow.

 

"You don't..."

 

"I told Donghae about you, and how you work. And Donghae said, 'he's the one. I want him to carry my wish' " He said earned a hard slap on his arm by Kyuhyun.

 

" you!" Kyuhyun cursed.

 

"I can't do anything." Siwon whined. "He choose you, not me." Siwon pouted. "I would gladly received if he wanted me to do it for him. You know, his fiancee kinda hot you know." 

 

" you, Siwon. This is not about the red-head being so ing hot. We're going to toy with his heart, his feeling." Kyuhyun commented.

 

Siwon pouted. "You can't said no, Kyuhyun." He said. "I already received the payment and use it to pay this office bill. If we don't do this, a law action is going to be taken on our pants."

 

"Your pants." Kyuhyun reminded.

 

"You're one of the worker here. I might let Sulli slide out if there's a police later, but never you. I'll say that you're involved too." He threated.

 

"Are you black mailing me, Siwon?" Kyuhyun asked disbelief. Siwon nodded like a lost puppy.

 

"I don't want to die alone." Siwon whined. "And I'm sure you don't want too also. So, let's do this, Kyu." Siwon said and handed the information to Kyuhyun. "And you did think Hyukjae is hot! You said he's ing hot." He whined earning a glare from Kyuhyun.

 

", , ." Kyuhyun cursed. "If anything happen later, you will be fully responsible for it." Kyuhyun said, getting out and taking the piece of paper with him. 

 

"Thank you, Kyuhyun. I love you." Siwon shouted only to be replied with Kyuhyun slammed his door hard.

 

Sulli come inside the moment she makes sure Kyuhyun won't get out from his office. "Are you sure this is the best way?" She asked.

 

Siwon nodded. "Donghae wished for this. And maybe Kyuhyun's scar could be heal too." He smiled at the receptionist.

 

"Whatever that will bring happiness to him." Sulli said, closing the door softly the moment Siwon turned his chair, looking at the city view next to his window. "And you too, Mr. Choi."

 

Siwon could heard the last sentence Sulli had said for him, but he didn't make any afford to replied. "May the best happiness happen to all of us." Siwon said, bringing the picture close to his heart. "May the best happiness happen to all of us, Hae." He whispered, looking at the view outside.

 



 

Finally, first chapter uploaded. As a warning, this story will not having regular update, so be hold with this, guys.

 

And so sorry to any Donghae's bias out there who was not comfortable with the death certificate. ='(

 

Enjoy everyone...