Photoshoot

The Merger
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Why do you put up posters for roommates if you don’t want roommates?” Yuri gave up speaking with Dara on that apartment-roommate-thing.

 

“I do want roommates but were already on the same team and together the entire week during trainings and what? You want to live together too?” Dara reasoned.

 

“Oh, I see you’re bringing bribes now” CL tapped Daesung’s untouched coffee cup as she came into the area.

 

“What bribe? It’s just a Macchiato.” Dae said, ignoring CL’s comment

 

“That’s totally a bribe” CL said.

 

“Anyway, Dara…” Dae changes topic “I have to be your roommate. Your apartment is near the building and I really need that extra time for training rather that traveling.” He explained.

 

“But I really don’t think that’s a great idea, Dae” Dara said.

 

“Dara doesn’t want roommates who bribe” CL teased.

 

“Shut up! It’s just Macchiato” Dae spat.

 

“Oh Dara, I’m a great cook and I could clean your apartment well.” Yuri said, convincing her once again.

 

“Guys, No.” Dara said, trying to stop them as Gummy walked into the halls of YG. Upon seeing them gathered, she fired her instructions right then.

 

“Daesung, vocals.

Dara, rap.

CL, modeling; and Yuri, you’re on dance class today.”

 

 “Gummy-ssi” Daesung softly called. “I was hoping, since I’ll be in your class this week that I’ll be picked to perform for the next stage. I think I’m ready. Oh, here’s some Macchiato” he handed the coffee to his mentor with a smile.

 

“If he gets to go on stage, I want to be too” CL butted in. “Yeah, me too” Yuri said. “Well, I don’t mind another shot” Dara said as well.

 

Gummy scoffed. “Stop.” She said, her face straight and about to say things they knew they wouldn’t want to hear. “You see, every trainee wants to perform on a stage… but that is not your job yet. You know what is? To make your mentors happy. Do I look happy? No. Why? Because my mentees are whiny. You know what will make me happy? All of you attending you classes and trainings” she exploded as she grabbed the coffee on Daesung’s hand. “None of you get’s to be on stage until I‘m happy.” She said, walking away from them.

 

“Ha! Macchiato my a*s!” CL teased before they dispersed and went to their respective classes.

 

- - - - -

 

[DARA POV]

I was on my way to my class when I saw GD waiting for the elevator. Oh, great. Now I have to wait for the elevator and most probably ride the elevator with him… and what is he even doing, fiddling at his phone. He saw me. Of course I looked away… How can I even look at him right now, when he’s all y and handsome? It would only make me think about it again.

 

“YG cafeteria is nice”

 

Oh wait, now he’s talking to me? I don’t know how I’d respond to this. “Yes” Ok did I just say that?

 

“Actually, it’s the best. I’ve been back for 6 weeks now and I still didn’t know how great YG cafeteria food is.” he said… and are we really talking about food?

 

“It’s one of YG’s best highlights. Lots of people want to try our cafeteria food.”  I said. I’m totally running out of words to say. Why does he need to sound so y, seductive while talking about cafeteria food?

 

“That’s why it’s the best” GD said. He’s still fiddling with his phone, is he playing a game? “Now I have to like it here?” he continued talking. “I wasn’t planning on liking it here. I like Japan – I like working there, living there and I just – I love it there; but the food here is the best and now, I love it more.

 

The elevator door opened and I quickly went inside. GD too, kept his cell phone in his pocket as he went in. Only the two of us are in the elevator and the moment the doors closed, I felt so uneasy. It suddenly became very hot. Is it hot? Is it just me or is it really, really hot?

 

GD must’ve felt my unease and kept on grinning, and it irritates me. Does he think I like being alone with him here in the elevator?

 

“I’m not going out with you” I said before I even thought of stopping myself.

 

“Did I ask you to go out with me?” he asked, and looked at me seriously before smiling mischievously.  “Do you want to go out with me? He grinned.

 

I rolled my eyes at him “I’m not dating you… and I’m definitely not sleeping with you again.” I firmly said. “You’re like, my boss”

 

“Your boss is my boss” he corrected.

 

“You’re a mentor… and a mentor’s mentor… and you’re my mentor” I said, not knowing how more can I emphasize the boundaries and limitations of our relationship.

 

“I’m your sister, I’m your mother” GD murmured; mouthing along to the absurdity of what I just said.

 

“You are ually harassing me” I said. I don’t know, but I feel violated. Am I the only one feeling this between us? I need to keep it together.

 

“I’m riding an elevator” GD said, dismissing.

 

“Look, I’m drawing the line. A line is drawn. There’s a big line.”  I said; and I need to say it, because clearly, we need to separate what happened before the time we knew we’d be together in the same company. I can’t be thinking about him as my lover when he’s one of my mentors and this should go the same for him.

 

“So, this line…” he said seductively, catching my attention. “Is this imaginary? Or should I hand you a marker?” He looked at me and smirked. Gah, why is he so y?

 

All hell broke loose after that. I dropped whatever I was holding and pushed him back the elevator wall. We kissed hungrily. Hungry kisses were what we shared as our hand roam around each other’s bodies. It was like a release of all that pent up since then. Gosh, I think I’m turning myself on, and if this keeps up, I don’t know what to do anymore.

 

*DING*

The sound of the elevator reaching the 5th floor rang, which, like a snap of the finger, woke me up to my senses. I pulled away and we broke apart heavily panting as the doors of the elevator open. I quickly picked my things on the floor and dashed out immediately afterwards.

 

“We’ll talk later?” GD yelled, asking.

 

Oh, great… So much for being stealth.

 

- - - - -

 

“You know what? I feel like I’m doing great at vocals. I think chances of me performing on stage are high” Daesung smiled as he recalled a very nice vocal class.

 

“Yeah, but please stop assuming and bragging until you’re actually picked, alright?” CL said, not amused.

 

“I don’t like you.” Dae said in a sing-song voice, not looking directly at her.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter