Hello

The Merger
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

DARA POV

It’s the weekend – yes, it’s just basically the day of my performance… with the mentors. That part, Teddy-nim didn’t mention was that the song he was working on was actually a song to be performed by the mentors themselves and each year, one trainee of exceptional skills will be awarded the privilege to join them on stage. This was CL’s stage. I mean she’d really, literally kill me for this!

 

I’m at my waiting room and already had my hair and make-up done – too funny for my taste but whatever, it’s not that bad anyway; and while all other mentors were on a different waiting room, here I am – all fidgety and nervous, sitting at the couch backstage and waiting for time to pass by while all other trainees gather at the audience entrance.

 

Sitting alone, I revert back to the three days I spent with Jiyong as my mentor.  Those three days of him, teaching me the song, my lines and how it’s best to be delivered. I couldn’t focus because I kept on picturing him like the night I had him on my apartment. The worst part of it is that he probably knows that’s what’s going on with my head and he keeps on pushing it – smirking and chuckling as he watch me crumble in embarrassment. I shook my head to erase the thoughts in my head. Those memories aren’t good for my anxious self, especially minutes before the performance.

 

Suddenly, the door opened and in comes Jiyong himself. I mentally slapped myself the moment I saw him. Just when I thought there’s nothing that could ruin my focus, he came in looking good, exceptionally dashing and… dreamy – right, he’s just so dreamy to look at with that plastered smile on his face and his hair, no matter how eccentric it seems…

“Dara?”

“Dara!”

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Author POV

“You’re that nervous?” he asked her in bewilderment; not knowing if she was already hearing him.

 

Sandara jolted from her seat as she came back to her senses after hearing his voice once again. She was completely mesmerized by him but she’s never going to admit to that. She didn’t hear what his question was but looking at him, he seemed waiting for an answer. She just nodded her head to give him a response.

 

Jiyong sighed – to her surprise, and sat beside her on the couch. Dara moved an inch further which Jiyong noticed but let pass.

 

“You can do it. You’ve trained enough and practiced enough.” He told her seriously.

 

“You think so?” she asked, thanking the heavens that he wasn’t the same airhead he’s been like the last couple of days and actually seemed like he cared for her and this performance. He was, for once, a mentor to her.

 

“Yeah, I know so.” He answered; confidently nodding his head.

 

- - - - -

 

The other trainees gathered and are finding good seats in the auditorium to witness this performance; more expectantly because one of them is actually part of it. Some were already placing their bets on whether she makes it – or fails.

 

“She’s going to faint” said one trainee…

 

“Nah, I’d give her a few lines before completely messing up the lyrics” said another.

 

“5,000 won says she’s not even going to show up” one more trainee joined in the betting.

 

“Oh, 8,000 says she’ll cry!” added another

 

“How about 10,000 won that says she’d pull it off?” All eyes turned back as CL leaned forward to their row and placed a bet in support of her roommate. The entire row of trainees then shut their mouths... afraid just to be stared at by CL’s piercing cat-eyes.

 

And the performance began with Gummy on the piano enveloping the entire auditorium with her enchanting voice along with who they know as Se7en, rapping the first verse of the song. It was a very enticing intro followed by the strong vocal of another one of the mentors, Taeyang. Soon after, they saw Dara coming out from the side of the stage, delivering her lines confidently. With her soft voice, Se7en harmonized with her and produced an even more alluring sound.

 

(c) B0rn T0 L0v3 Th1s W4y @ youtube . com (c) YG Ent

 

CL watched Dara perform on the stage she was supposed to be standing at. She was mad irritated, but still happy because of the realization that it was possible - they too are going to stand on stage to debut. In the end, the performance ended well and Dara performed to the best she can, with the limited time she had for practice.

 

At the side, watching her as she successfully perform her very first stage, Jiyong couldn’t be any more proud. She made it and heck she nailed it. He felt a sense of fulfillment as she was the very first trainee he had handled since he came to YG as a mentor.

 

Applause echoed in the auditorium as the performance ended. Dara, along with the other mentor she was on stage with, bowed their heads in gratitude. Soon, the sound of a microphone being tapped in testing was heard. Everyone went quiet and waited for any announcement.

 

To everyone’s surprise, YG Sajangnim was on the spotlight, holding a cue card on his hand. “Annyeonghaseyo Eorobeun!” he greeted. “We have witnessed the performance of your mentors with the selected trainee, Ms. Dara Park.” He said, reading the cue card as it was. “Now, many of you will be working with these mentors and soon enough, each and every one of you will stand on this stage. This is only the beginning. Trainees are to perform weekly and shall be evaluated by the end of each month. Only top trainees from each mentor get to stand and feature in an actual stage. Trainees will be shuffled to different mentors in all their classes and here, only the best survives. So I say, good luck trainees – Good Luck!”

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 “I was so awful” Dara cried.

 

“You were not awful” Yuri hushed her.

 

“Everyone thinks I was awful” Dara said again.

 

“No one thinks you’re awful” Daesung said, joining Yuri as she comforted her.

 

“I was on the elevator and some girls were whispering and saying I was awful” Dara continued, as if not listening to both Yuri and Dae.

 

“Okay, how many times are you going to do this, Dara?” CL asked, kind of pissed.

 

“Someone whispered “awful” and they all laughed…” she said some more. Dara was deaf to others’ voice and continued talking.

 

“They weren’t talking about you, Dara” Daesung said.

 

“Sure?” Dara asked, looking at him for the first time.

 

“Would we lie to you?” Yuri asked back at her.

 

Dara thought for a moment before rolling her eyes “Yes!””

 

“Being awful is a state of mind” CL blurted out.

 

“Oh yea? Says the girl who’s so exceptional, she was supposed to be the one on that stage instead of me” Dara said matter-of-factly before walking off.

 

- - - - -

 

Coming to one of the dance studios, Dara sat and watched as some of the guys practice doing flips and other stunts. She was then disturbed by a figure mo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter