salvage

schizophrenia
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A thin body with an undeniable charm stood at the white lighted room all neat and clean. Too neat and clean.  He stood in front of the mirror showcasing in front of his eyes the familiar milky white skin that he had come to see for the past 19 years of his existence. He had always been thin, but now he just got thinner. Maybe it’s because of the tasteless food the fat nurse always serves him? He shrugs.

 

Knock knock.

 

The boy turns his head towards the white door immediately putting all his attention to it.

 

“Come on in” he said with his usual monotone voice.

A lady wearing a white uniform with the nameplate ‘Taeyeon’ pinned on her left chest was puked by the door. It was not his assigned nurse but he figured she must be one of his nurse’s colleagues.

“Are you packed up?” she asked and the boy nodded and pointed at the one duffle bag on his bed.

Upon seeing the item on the bed the nurse nodded her head before announcing the news he had been anticipating for ever since he got here. “Your ride is here”

The boy didn’t need to be told twice as he nodded his head and walk towards his duffle bag and follow the nurse outside his room.

 

Once he passed the barrier and heard the sound of the closing door, the boy let himself look ahead just to be greeted by the door he had come to became familiar with.

The door in front was ajar- like it had always been- giving the boy a slight view on the things inside the parallel room.

Like always, the boy with the tan skin and define jaw line look up at him and gave him a friendly smile before waving at the former.

He must have heard the news of his departure from the nurses, the boy thought.

He too gave the boy one of his rare smiles before waving goodbye as the nurse from earlier guided him ahead.

The boy look back one last time at the door of his used to be companion. The name of the boy he had come to call as ‘Kai’ was written in front of it and the lad reminded himself to visit him every once in a while. He, after all was his only friend throughout his stay in the place.

 

“Oh there he is” the head nurse announced once his body was fully in her office, allowing the man seated at the guest’s chair of the office to look at the boy before enveloping him in a tight hug.

“I miss you” the man said.

“I miss you too, dad”

 

 

 

“Now that you’re

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter